What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2020 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Craegus

Juniors
Wonder if it was more to do with the design versus the colour and what it was up against.

Wests-Tigers-2016-Jersey.png

I mean of the 2016 jerseys the Orange kit was a strange design and IMO if I was to buy a WT jersey that year, it would have been the one Woods was wearing.

Completely blanked that one from memory, I was actually talking about this one

images

MugaB

Coach
The last primarily orange jersey the Tigers wore did not sell very well and was the reason it was dropped (primarily black and white designs make more money for the Tigers, so it makes financial sense to go with what makes the most money).
Yes all their designs of that group of photos are terrible designs, but the one you've suggested isnt bad, just has the meriton sponsor covering the V, im pretty sure that would sell if they fixed a few alignment issues there, aswell as introduce the current chevrons they have on it instead, looks like a ESL jersey, they made one for the indigenous round last year, but ruined it by completely covering the rear and lower front in black, again to lessen the orange.

Its like the whole superhero thing, in costume designs now, less on the completely black leather suits, more fans want the yellow spandex, that iconic classic look favored over the trendy gothic fashion

Last edited:

Frailty

First Grade
do many people even buy away jerseys for any team? i mean they're mostly just white..
Surely a mostly orange jersey would sell better as an away than a mostly white

I'm not sure of the numbers, but anecdotally the Sharks Away jerseys usually sell pretty well - but that is probably down to them usually being black.

It's Been Done

Juniors
A few Souths and Bulldogs players are also wearing pink skins underneath their shorts (they may all be wearing pink skins but only a few each side are visible)

It's Been Done

Juniors
Purple shoulder panels, collar, cuffs and armpit panels for the refs tonight. Rest of their jersey is yellow paired with black shorts and socks.

Edit; Only the back of the collar is purple

Last edited:

It's Been Done

Juniors
Who decided pink and navy against pink and black was a good idea? They might be different shades and different ratios but come on now.

I think the Cowboy's original WIL round opponent before Corona showed up was meant to be St George at Kogarah and both of their home kits clash so they designed it with that in mind

It's Been Done

Juniors
All is normal at Bankwest (Parra in home, Broncos in alternate) except White replaces Yellow on the ref's and touchies jerseys and the purple spots on the jersey remain in place

Jackson Allison

Juniors
I think the Cowboy's original WIL round opponent before Corona showed up was meant to be St George at Kogarah and both of their home kits clash so they designed it with that in mind
Nope the Cowboys original WIL round opponent was the Panthers. The only difference being it was scheduled to be at Panthers Stadium not QCB stadium.

It's Been Done

Juniors
Pink skins are under the shorts of Manly and Gold Coast players. Seems to be the most common part of this weekend's WIL round with a unusually low amount of themed jerseys for this year

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Pink skins are under the shorts of Manly and Gold Coast players. Seems to be the most common part of this weekend's WIL round with a unusually low amount of themed jerseys for this year
I wouldn't say "unusually" I think clubs are just moving away from it because we should get to a point soon where WIL round isn't a thing - women are so intrinsic to the game now (particularly with NRLW and state comp growth).

mistertaylor

Juniors
I wouldn't say "unusually" I think clubs are just moving away from it because we should get to a point soon where WIL round isn't a thing - women are so intrinsic to the game now (particularly with NRLW and state comp growth).
Tbh I think the practice of splashing pink on a regular strip (eg Cowboys) is lazy.

Latest posts