What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Noise

Coach
It does if the opposition makes a break.... and they need to be chased down.

Ado-Carr scores a heap of long range tries from anything from 60-80m out and we had a bloke called Semi who would do this often too.
Ado-Carr doesn't score a heap of long range tries. He scores a heap of tries but most are from 10-20m out. Here are all his tries in 2019. He scored 2 long range tries last year. Both tries were against a team with absolute garbage defence. One in magic round and one in a semi final. That team is the Parramatta Eels.

IFR33K

Coach
Yep. Given the rise of Pappenhausen(sp) it makes me wonder what Bev may have become at Melbourne. I recall it was rumoured once upon a time. Very similar players. Id have Bev back in a heartbeat. Stains might be even better. Fastest Eel I ever saw was Dave Irvine circa 1967. OMG theres nothing like pure speed.

Seen anything this side of 1990 I can relate too? OMG you’re old bro.

Happy MEel

First Grade
I don’t reckon the Roosters have anyone in their 17 that would worry teams based on their speed.

Our issue isn’t speed, it’s our inability to create anything and put merkins in space to utilise the speed we do have.

Bevan French ran 10.1 over the 100m at a timed training session once. It would have qualified him for the Commonwealth games that year. Consider that he was in footy boots and on turf not a track. It means I might not have been able to catch him

Last edited:

Gazzamatta

Coach
Bevan French ran 10.1 over the 100m at a timed training session once. It would have qualified him for the Commonwealth games that year. Considering that he was in footy boots and on turf not a track, it means I might not have caught him
Now thats f'n fast. What might have been. So who do we blame? ;)