What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smug Panther

First Grade
With Josh AddoCarr wanting to sign with the Tiggers and the Storm wanting someone in return would they consider Josh Mansour. Josh has one year to run on his current contract and has apparently been told that if he can secure a longer term deal we wouldn't stand in his way.
Josh's time as an NRL wingeris very close to up

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Ivan's done some wonderful things, however, if he was the one who sacked her, then this is a mistake. This is not a blight on Pete Green either. Krystal seemed to have a good bond with the players.

Who cares if she has a bond. That can quite often hamper a recovery. If Ivan sacked her, it’s because he thinks Pete Green can do a better job.

The players don’t need friends, they need professional medical advice.

Jane Murray

Bench
Who cares if she has a bond. That can quite often hamper a recovery. If Ivan sacked her, it’s because he thinks Pete Green can do a better job.

The players don’t need friends, they need professional medical advice.

Empathy, and trust, plays a major part in recovery, and that is what I was implying.

franklin2323

Immortal
I agree with those saying Tamou's value has been shown off the field and his leadership. The one thing the media keeps saying is that we have the best pack this year and he'd be a big reason why.

I was never one to say he was on overs. Due to the off field stuff you can't measure but the baton has been passed on. We don't need to pay such money on a 31 year old now

franklin2323

Immortal
At they very least we will have an entire side who has a good finals run. I still think Leniu will end up starting over Moses next season, maybe not straight away but at some point he is going get that spot, the kid is on a Crichton like trajectory.

All the best Jimmy T, you've been fantastic for the club.

I am one of the few who doesn't rate Leota. I would have Leinu in front of him now

Tronald Crump

Juniors
With Josh AddoCarr wanting to sign with the Tiggers and the Storm wanting someone in return would they consider Josh Mansour. Josh has one year to run on his current contract and has apparently been told that if he can secure a longer term deal we wouldn't stand in his way.

Storm ain't that dumb.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
He could've turned up on the field and spat the dummy off it and stopped doing the little things behind the scenes that a good captain does, he could've easily bitched and moaned off the field and created problems and speculation in the media. He probably could have got a club to offer decent money to change this season. There are a million different things he could have done and still attract the interest of numerous clubs to offer him a two year deal.

I don't regard Jimmy as a guy who just puts in during a contract year at all.

I don't either.

The lack of dummy spit about needing to pay the good kids comming through, rather than keep him as he's perhaps already on the downhill slide. Shows his team first mentality. That is at the heart of good culture.

franklin2323

Immortal
Disagree 1,000 %. Moses has matured into a class prop. Ready to take the next level as he has done in 2020, for 2021.

It is hard to use stats for props because of different mins etc

What you can use is. Leota has conceded more penalties then the other props. Infact only Luai and Martin have conceded more.

Tackle % for the props

Tamou 96
Leinu 94
Tetevano 93
JFH 92

So the 2 things you don't want from a starting prop can easily get the team on the back foot

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Empathy, and trust, plays a major part in recovery, and that is what I was implying.

maybe in a hospital, not on the Footy field. The best physio staff are absolute jerks and they don’t mind admitting it.

It’s a lot harder to push someone to do something they don’t wanna do, when you’re mates with them.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

What you can use is. Leota has conceded more penalties then the other props. Infact only Luai and Martin have conceded more.

Tackle % for the props

Tamou 96
Leinu 94
Tetevano 93
JFH 92

So the 2 things you don't want from a starting prop can easily get the team on the back foot

You and I both know stats can tell you almost anything....some of it helpful some of it not helpful

Leota has stepped up big time during 2020. I see no reason why this won't occur again during the 2021 season.

Leota has speed and good footwork for a big man. Something that can't be coached and generally doesn't show up in meaningless stats.

Pomoz

Bench

Tackle % for the props

Tamou 96
Leinu 94
Tetevano 93
JFH 92

The involvement rate stat takes into account minutes on the field. Leota is in the top 20 in the NRL, in fact he is currently 7th. You can’t cherry pick stats. I would like to see Leniu’s stats when he plays more minutes. It’s easier to have higher effective rates, metres per run and lower error rates when you are fresh. Leota also makes more metres per run than Tetavano, Tamou and JFH. He has made the most tackle breaks out of all the props. 10 vs Tetavano’s 3.

It’s not hard to use stats for props, you just have to use the right ones and interpret them.

BTW what the stats do tell us is that if Leniu can maintain the same level of performance over bigger minutes, he will be our number one prop. His stats are that good already. 8 Tackle breaks in 10 games, the highest average metres per run at 10m and an effective tackle rate of 94%. Once he gets a few more off seasons under his belt could be a superstar.

maple_69

Bench
I think we can probably all agree on that. Leniu has the makings of being one of the best middles in the game but there’s no reason he shouldn’t earn it off the bench for another year while he ramps up to Leota’s 2020 minutes (35ish).

While Leota and Tetevano offer comparable performances for me, Leota is young, a junior, a good bloke and has done his time on this team’s bench.

betcats

Referee
I am one of the few who doesn't rate Leota. I would have Leinu in front of him now

Leota is a good prop and for this season I’d start Leota over Leniu if we had to pick one to start.

Leniu is a young superstar his development isn’t going to follow the normal two or three years off the bench and in and out of the team, he’s to good. Fish at 19 was not as good as Leniu is at 19 IMO, Spencer is actually a fair bit better than Fish was at that age. I think by next season he will be a better prop than Leota(if he isn’t already). He’s going to take someone’s starting spot eventually for sure.

betcats

Referee
I think we can probably all agree on that. Leniu has the makings of being one of the best middles in the game but there’s no reason he shouldn’t earn it off the bench for another year while he ramps up to Leota’s 2020 minutes (35ish).

While Leota and Tetevano offer comparable performances for me, Leota is young, a junior, a good bloke and has done his time on this team’s bench.

Just pick the best prop and start them. It’s probably already Leniu, unless Spencer can’t handle an extra 5-10 minutes than he is better already.

Jane Murray

Bench
maybe in a hospital, not on the Footy field. The best physio staff are absolute jerks and they don’t mind admitting it.

It’s a lot harder to push someone to do something they don’t wanna do, when you’re mates with them.

Who said that she wasn't pushing them? Oh well it is a moot point now.

franklin2323

Immortal
The involvement rate stat takes into account minutes on the field. Leota is in the top 20 in the NRL, in fact he is currently 7th. You can’t cherry pick stats. I would like to see Leniu’s stats when he plays more minutes. It’s easier to have higher effective rates, metres per run and lower error rates when you are fresh. Leota also makes more metres per run than Tetavano, Tamou and JFH. He has made the most tackle breaks out of all the props. 10 vs Tetavano’s 3.

It’s not hard to use stats for props, you just have to use the right ones and interpret them.

BTW what the stats do tell us is that if Leniu can maintain the same level of performance over bigger minutes, he will be our number one prop. His stats are that good already. 8 Tackle breaks in 10 games, the highest average metres per run at 10m and an effective tackle rate of 94%. Once he gets a few more off seasons under his belt could be a superstar.

I didn't cherry pick them I just stated the ones that look bad for if we are going to start Leota. So not to have a whole page of every stat

Our 1st 20 mins has been great and want to keep it going. Giving away a dumb penalty or missing tackles will change it around.

That has been Leota's issue and I haven't seen any difference so it is just weighing it up. Remembering what Leinu is doing is off the back of virtually no pre season and no 2nd tier footy to get match fitness up.

It is scary to think what another pre season will do to him

betcats

Referee
I didn't cherry pick them I just stated the ones that look bad for if we are going to start Leota. So not to have a whole page of every stat

Our 1st 20 mins has been great and want to keep it going. Giving away a dumb penalty or missing tackles will change it around.

That has been Leota's issue and I haven't seen any difference so it is just weighing it up. Remembering what Leinu is doing is off the back of virtually no pre season and no 2nd tier footy to get match fitness up.

It is scary to think what another pre season will do to him

Yep Leniu by next season could be one of the better props in the game.

Also re Leota, this has been his best season so far in terms of impact. He handled his start well the other week with Yeo out but I think he is more suited to a bench role, he can come off the bench and impact the game quite well but does he have another level to bring that impact consistently as a starter? Im not sure, with Leniu I am sure hes got two or three more levels left and he will be able to have as much or more impact starting as he does off the bench.

betcats

Referee
One last one, Leota has started many games in particular last season he was starting often so its not like he has been hanging around the bench for years waiting for that starting spot to open up only to lose it to Leniu. Fish moving to prop this season has made him a bench player and he has really done well in that role.

Status
Not open for further replies.