What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sam Burgess retires

AnonymousLurker

Juniors
We all knew it was a rort.
If nrl had integrity they would boot Souths from the comp this year and they should start with 8 point deduction each year until his original contract was due to finish so if was 2023 , then next 3 years they should start minus 8

69-05-41

Juniors
Scum of the League up to their usual scams. Bring back Scummy Summy on a minimum contract subsidised by his "real" job created just for him that didn't exist before he "retired". When Latrine comes back next season at 150kg he can be medically retired as an oompa loompa and replaced with a real fullback. Rinse and repeat.

Danish

Referee
Frankly I'm happy to see Burgess come back and get thoroughly shown up for 1 more season.

Maybe they'll medically retire Mitchell for 12 months so they can sign that overrated union child

jack coburn

Juniors
There wasn't a fan out there that didn't know this was a rort.
I don't think the NRL will be happy as it shows they been played hard by the scabs.
Expect to see Inglis go to England , get homesick and come back to the scabs to finish it off.
We all know 1 rule for the scabs another rule for the rest.

redVinme

Juniors
Oh rabbits.

Why they don't have far more heat on them based on the cap I'll never know.

Aj- ex aus rep (of course he signed on unders to stay)
Walker- nsw
Reynolds--nsw
Gagai- qld
Latrell - aus
Roberts - nsw
Campbell g- pm13

Just in the backs.

How the commentary can be if Sam comes back to souths.

There is no space and he should be paid market value.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Oh rabbits.

Why they don't have far more heat on them based on the cap I'll never know.

Aj- ex aus rep (of course he signed on unders to stay)
Walker- nsw
Reynolds--nsw
Gagai- qld
Latrell - aus
Roberts - nsw
Campbell g- pm13

Just in the backs.

How the commentary can be if Sam comes back to souths.

There is no space and he should be paid market value.

Forwards go alright too...

Turgess - Eng
Cook - Aus
Arrow - QLD

Souffs are the new East's. Forever in their sombrero shadow, or maybe not?

Vic Mackey

Referee
Really want to know what is the procedure for medical retirements? Does a doctor give testimony that a certain player can no longer play? Do souffs have a dodgy medico on the pay roll ?

this is a good point

if he was medically retired it means that someone has ruled that his shoulder was that bad that he would never be able to play again

we are now talking him playing less then 18 months after this

There can only be one of 2 things:

* They’ve gone to a doctor that is that incompetent that he misdiagnosed Sams shoulder as being much worse then it was

*They've gone to a doctor that was dodgy and gave them the diagnosis they wanted

IF this is true that he is wanting to come back (and I mean IF) then there needs be serious questions asked here

nick87

Coach
if Sam Burgess is to come back, every single cent paid to him by SSFC in his "forced retirement" needs to be applied to their salary cap immediately
Anything less would flat out salary cap cheating... id argue they've already engaged in that with getting Burgess's contract exempted to begin with but at least there is grey area with that

There would be no grey area if he was allowed to come back without that money going back on the cap.

blue bags

First Grade
LOL at Souths if he signs for someone else, maybe a bench spot at easts to replace sonny next year:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
i was thinking that a few weeks ago, replace sonny billz, with sammy burgiz next year
even have Greg ingliz on the bench as a sideshow for media attention, sponsors, media deflection
even cam Smith . it happened with cronk, sonny, who is next

Latest posts