What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corey Norman??

Mjab

Juniors
They needed to drop him a month ago and really show the clubs intention for him so he and his manager would look elsewhere , then there was a chance we could have rid ourself of him
I guess at least Hook probably wont be so tolerant and at least drop him quickly for underperformance

the other terrible signing was Merrin , WTF

possm

Coach
delusion - shop him now
Swap him for anyone on our 'go get' list. On condition that both contacts are terminated and new ones are arranged between the player manager and the relevant club.

I would go a step further. The NRL should introduce the following clauses in their standard player contract:

• A contract is deemed to be terminated if a player asks for and is granted a release.
  • A contract is terminated if both parties agree to terminate the contract.
  • No compensation can be requested by either party for the termination of a contract.
  • A player may terminate his contract by paying out the outstanding value of the contract.
  • A Club may terminate a contract by paying out the outstanding value of the contract.
  • Only outstanding funds under the contract for the current season will be included in the salary cap. The value of the contract for periods outside of the contract will be paid out of club or player funds respectively.

Mjab

Juniors
Swap him for anyone on our 'go get' list. On condition that both contacts are terminated and new ones are arranged between the player manager and the relevant club.

I would go a step further. The NRL should introduce the following clauses in their standard player contract:

• A contract is deemed to be terminated if a player asks for and is granted a release.
  • A contract is terminated if both parties agree to terminate the contract.
  • No compensation can be requested by either party for the termination of a contract.
  • A player may terminate his contract by paying out the outstanding value of the contract.
  • A Club may terminate a contract by paying out the outstanding value of the contract.
  • Only outstanding funds under the contract for the current season will be included in the salary cap. The value of the contract for periods outside of the contract will be paid out of club or player funds respectively.
The one I would love is
If you have been absolute shit ie Norman
club can terminate u and pay 1/3 of the next years contract and f**k off
Im sure we would have a few underperformers pulling their socks up
Im pretty sure non of these bludgers have any KPIs in these multimillion multiyear contracts

and I know
Possm and I are only dreaming and its not possible

Ill go back on my meds this evening !!

possm

Coach
The one I would love is
If you have been absolute shit ie Norman
club can terminate u and pay 1/3 of the next years contract and f**k off
Im sure we would have a few underperformers pulling their socks up
Im pretty sure non of these bludgers have any KPIs in these multimillion multiyear contracts

and I know
Possm and I are only dreaming and its not possible

Ill go back on my meds this evening !!
I'm against ANY compensation being paid however, I am with you to have the NRL include some standard KPI's in their player contracts.

The Badger

Juniors
delusion - shop him now
Many times in my life I have had to get rid of things that appeared to be a significant loss for me to move on.Every time I have done this and let go of the deadwood in my life they were replaced by new positive opportunities. Norman is a perfect example of this opportunity for Dragons.If we keep him there will be no room for new candidates,Just because there is a lot of money involved it doesn't mean hold on and hope.A new opportunity will arrive when he goes.There are plenty of youngsters eager to put their hand up for a fraction of the cost,.They can be coached,Norman can't.The other part of that philosophy was something my father said..Do not delay or defer.Again wise words for the Dragons at present.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Many times in my life I have had to get rid of things that appeared to be a significant loss for me to move on.Every time I have done this and let go of the deadwood in my life they were replaced by new positive opportunities. Norman is a perfect example of this opportunity for Dragons.If we keep him there will be no room for new candidates,Just because there is a lot of money involved it doesn't mean hold on and hope.A new opportunity will arrive when he goes.There are plenty of youngsters eager to put their hand up for a fraction of the cost,.They can be coached,Norman can't.The other part of that philosophy was something my father said..Do not delay or defer.Again wise words for the Dragons at present.
I think the fact he only has one year though plus the fact I think they want to see Sullivan in CC against men for a bit means to me they will just ride out 2021, try to get something out of him then move him on. I would be letting him know that he won’t be resigned though so he starts looking around and hopefully playing at a level looking for a contract.

The Badger

Juniors
I think the fact he only has one year though plus the fact I think they want to see Sullivan in CC against men for a bit means to me they will just ride out 2021, try to get something out of him then move him on. I would be letting him know that he won’t be resigned though so he starts looking around and hopefully playing at a level looking for a contract.
Sorry Forbes but I don't think I could get through another season of Norman playing in the backyard with the kids.

SEAT 1A

Bench
At this stage, he's not going to another club due to his salary and in all fairness why should he.

I still haven't lost hope as he was coached by Mary who in general wasn't able to improve many players and that Hook has coached him before which isn't must to hang your hat on however, it's better than nothing.

possm

Coach
At this stage, he's not going to another club due to his salary and in all fairness why should he.

I still haven't lost hope as he was coached by Mary who in general wasn't able to improve many players and that Hook has coached him before which isn't must to hang your hat on however, it's better than nothing.
Hook also moved Norman on at the Broncos.

ALSGI

Bench

Yep, exactly.

I haven’t lost hope yet either but probably should have.

Norman needs a reset. New Coach maybe?

For us older fans, a cup of quickset concrete would be appropriate three times a day before meals.

For the younger ones a few more RAM on the operating system, upgraded processor?

If the reboot doesn’t work then f**k him off to CC for 12m (garage) although the rust might spread through the other newer cars coming through.

Latest posts