What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 19 2020 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
I'm a bit flat writing this, our boys are out.

In general, it's also less than ideal that the eight is set with two rounds to go.

In a coincidence the only top-eight sides playing each other this week are the Roosters and the Sharks!

Tonight sees the Rabbs v Dogs. I've given up on the latter. They can't win games and won't be handing the spoon to Brisbane, not this week anyway.

Cows v Panthers. This is Penrith's year.

Eels v Broncos. 34 years v 14 years since their last premierships. We know which one is able to update that this year.

Sea Eagles v Titans. I hope Manly win, to demotivate them going too hard next week!

Storm v Tigers. Benji going out with a bang?

Roosters v Sharks. I hope it's Cronulla, it'll make last week's result less annoying.

Raiders v Warriors. We beat them at the same time last year to end the season on a high. We really deserve the same result this year.

Knighs v Dragons. One for the committed fans, I reckon.

It'd be an easy round to tip!

What the hell Dogs, 20-0 up with 13 left in the first half.
Controversial sin bin of Bunnies player, scoring twice since.
Broncos could have the spoon by the end weekend.
Is it a Wayne conspiracy?

Blair

Coach
Wow doggies win and Broncos have the spoon as it currently stand.

They'll take this well up there.

A dream result. It made my weekend! I think the Broncos deserve the spoon, don't they? It's not like we just don't like them.

I'm in Manly-Warringah at the moment. There's a significant amount of car bumper stickers, flags, bunting, jerseys, caps and general Sea Eagles hysteria getting around at the moment.

Not.

People love winners.

Last edited:
Reactions: JJ

JJ

Immortal
Tonight sees the Rabbs v Dogs. I've given up on the latter. They can't win games and won't be handing the spoon to Brisbane, not this week anyway

It'd be an easy round to tip!
:thumbsup:

Big Marn

Juniors
Broncos at home to Cows next week.
Dogs have Panthers. Ivan may be looking at resting a few players, but they get a week off anyway.

Blair

Coach
Turbo Tom injured again. My mrs said 'he's probably too lanky'. I wonder whether she has a point.

Titans upset Manly too.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Earlier on in the year they found Tom had 1 leg slightly shorter than the other leg which was contribution to hamstring issues and they were teaching him to run differently

Watching the Sharks last week and tonight it is clear they don’t deserve the finals, it will never happen but bring back the old top 5 when making the finals actually meant something and every team deserved to be there

Blair

Coach
It was like he hit a pothole.
Wonder if he was carrying a niggle into the game?

He definitely looked a bit ginger last week. Even shier to run the ball than he usually is. They might've brought him back a fortnight too soon, knowing they had to win against us.

The Sharks are finals imposters, as Beave points out, but they're even more so without Johnson, who had a fine season.

Blair

Coach
Rd 19 Ladder:

upload_2020-9-20_18-25-14.png

We could finish 13th or 9th.

Thirteenth sounds a bit rubbish, after all we've gone through and the real positive vibes we've had.

Look at the Broncos f/a, particularly how many points they've conceded. They deserve the spoon.

Latest posts