What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congrats On 16 Consecutive Wins!

Eelementary

Post Whore
You can stay.

If we win 14 straight I expect you back to change the thread title.

I'll make the effort to do so, mate!

I quite like the Panthers - I actually live in Penrith, and I am astounded at the quality of juniors that the Panthers continually produce.

I was disappointed we lost, but I am quite amazed at the feat the Panthers have achieved - 13 consecutive wins is freakishly good.

GongPanther

Referee
I'll make the effort to do so, mate!

I quite like the Panthers - I actually live in Penrith, and I am astounded at the quality of juniors that the Panthers continually produce.

I was disappointed we lost, but I am quite amazed at the feat the Panthers have achieved - 13 consecutive wins is freakishly good.
Thanks for the kind words as its nice to get recognition from other team's fans. And remember, a top 4 spot is still a possibility for your side, although you'll have to rely on Souths beating Easts next week.

EDIT: and for Canberra to trip up.

Last edited:

The_Frog

First Grade
I am astounded at the quality of juniors that the Panthers continually produce.
It doesn't just happen. Any team might get lucky and have a good 'un come through their junior system, but for the most part you have to have scouts out there and do the hard and costly work of bringing them into your development system. This is why so many clubs don't bother and just pay overs for whatever is available, quite often players the development clubs cannot fit under their cap.

And remember, a top 4 spot is still a possibility for your side, although you'll have to rely on Souths beating Easts next week.

Parra will make the top 4 if they beat the Broncos and Tiggers. They'll run 3rd if they win both and the Roosters lose a game. They will risk dropping out of the 4 if they can't win both those games.

Last edited:

GongPanther

Referee
It doesn't just happen. Any team might get lucky and have a good 'un come through their junior system, but for the most part you have to have scouts out there and do the hard and costly work of bringing them into your development system. This is why so many clubs don't bother and just pay overs for whatever is available, quite often players the development clubs cannot fit under their cap.

Parra will make the top 4 if they beat the Broncos and Tiggers. They'll run 3rd if they win both and the Roosters lose a game. They will risk dropping out of the 4 if they can't win both those games.
The Knights will be very disappointed in ending up in the bottom half of the top 8. I expected them to be a top 4 side.

Eelementary

Post Whore

Thank you for the kind words.

This Eels side is quite average; I fear that our forwards are burnt out (RCG's form has plateaued, as has Paulo's), but our biggest problem is our attack.

And I'm not basing it on last night - the Panthers were super impressive, and gave us no ball, so it's hard to attack under those conditions

But statistically speaking, we are the worst attacking side in the NRL - that's concerning.

But this is about the mighty Panthers - what an impressive season you've strung together!

I'm quite chuffed to claim that we are the only side to have beaten the mighty Panthers thus far in 2020!

Jane Murray

Bench

This Eels side is quite average; I fear that our forwards are burnt out (RCG's form has plateaued, as has Paulo's), but our biggest problem is our attack.

And I'm not basing it on last night - the Panthers were super impressive, and gave us no ball, so it's hard to attack under those conditions

But statistically speaking, we are the worst attacking side in the NRL - that's concerning.

But this is about the mighty Panthers - what an impressive season you've strung together!

I'm quite chuffed to claim that we are the only side to have beaten the mighty Panthers thus far in 2020!

There is a great chance we will meet in the finals.

Eelementary

Post Whore
There is a great chance we will meet in the finals.

Quite possibly, mate - and honestly, I wouldn't expect an Eels win.

Arthur seems to keep saying that he's not concerned about our attack, despite the last, and second-last teams, scoring more tries than we have in 2 months.

Last night was an anomaly, in the sense that we had no ball, so it's hard to score with less than 40% possession (which is a huge credit to Penrith's game).

But for over 2 months, this side has attacked worse than an under-9's side...

Jane Murray

Bench
Quite possibly, mate - and honestly, I wouldn't expect an Eels win.

Arthur seems to keep saying that he's not concerned about our attack, despite the last, and second-last teams, scoring more tries than we have in 2 months.

Last night was an anomaly, in the sense that we had no ball, so it's hard to score with less than 40% possession (which is a huge credit to Penrith's game).

But for over 2 months, this side has attacked worse than an under-9's side...

Please, do not take this the wrong way, we should have remain undefeated, the previous game was lost due to a 10 minute lapse of concentration.

franklin2323

Immortal

The issue is you guys are too top heavy. Even at Full strength the pressure is on RCG, Paulo etc to play long minutes. In a long season takes it toll

blue bags

First Grade
7f48bbff237d95419073d10876203710.jpeg