What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 - Squad, Signings, Re-signings

Dragon David

First Grade
Griffin interviewed on Win.
Short vid
Main points Joe O not close to signing yet and McGuire story all media BS.
All rumours and innuendo drummed up by the media and possibly the players' managers.

Guys like Trent Barrett have already arranged new buys for the Bulldogs and he is still the assistant coach at the Panthers. Warriors have also signed a couple for Nathan Brown. Many other clubs renewing contracts/letting some go.

We are at a standstill and nothing being leaked to give us any good or bad news. Griffin probably still in a daze after being selected as our coach and taking him a while to come down to earth. Did he mention who they are after - I bet they don't have any clue? The same old shit and we will end up with dregs and journeymen signed up instead of anyone worthwhile.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
All rumours and innuendo drummed up by the media and possibly the players' managers.

Guys like Trent Barrett have already arranged new buys for the Bulldogs and he is still the assistant coach at the Panthers. Warriors have also signed a couple for Nathan Brown. Many other clubs renewing contracts/letting some go.

We are at a standstill and nothing being leaked to give us any good or bad news. Griffin probably still in a daze after being selected as our coach and taking him a while to come down to earth. Did he mention who they are after - I bet they don't have any clue? The same old shit and we will end up with dregs and journeymen signed up instead of anyone worthwhile.
Old saying, never give away your strategy, he doesn’t owe the media a story DD; well get a few decent buys..

Gareth67

First Grade
Perhaps he was downplaying his interest in Joe Ofanhehgaue and possibly McCrone also . But he approached the interview in a professional manner ( in fact a pleasant change from the previous chap ) and would not promise what he could not deliver .

Stay tuned as I have a feeling that there’s more to come .

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
Joe O to me does not offer much I'm sorry to say.

Dragon David , I must confess that after watching the Broncs game against the Eels just now , that I am beginning to understand where your coming from.

Ofahengaue was merely a passenger in the game , not really getting involved in the hard yaka as his teammates were . Even though they are on the bottom rung of the ladder his teammates gave their all .

He did seem disinterested and to make matters worse he has the body of a bluudy bowling :bowling: ball - minus the pins of course .

So should he become a Dragon then he damn well had better hit the gym and truly change his attitude. We cannot afford any more players that are there only to make up the numbers .

Gareth67

First Grade
Gareth67 the dragons of old ran some great scoring plays pity the sharks used that play. One play that always works but you never see is the run around it works all time. It creates holes everywhere.

Yes of all teams to rehash one of the Dragons best plays - the Sharks .

When they done it my immediate thought was - “ well there goes the neighborhood ! “ :relaxed:

BLM01

First Grade

Give hime time FFS. He has just had 1 week or so to cast his eye what players and support staff he has got or wants let alone have signed up anyone else. His support staff would be priority in the next week or so then the players...and sounds like wheels are in motion.
Why tell us news when they have none yet
And who are the warriors big signings. Aitken & Evans...whooppy doo
And who has Barrett signed since he has been announced. Blake Green, Waddell
How long ago where those coaches announced?.

SAP58

Juniors
Give hime time FFS. He has just had 1 week or so to cast his eye what players and support staff he has got or wants let alone have signed up anyone else. His support staff would be priority in the next week or so then the players...and sounds like wheels are in motion.
Why tell us news when they have none yet
And who are the warriors big signings. Aitken & Evans...whooppy doo
And who has Barrett signed since he has been announced. Blake Green, Waddell
How long ago where those coaches announced?.
Your comments are spot on, I think everyone is so relieved to finally get rid of the former coach and what he has done to the club in recent years and are fans are now seeing a light at the end of the tunnel, finally ! But patience is now required and trust in what he will put in place over the next couple of months to take us forward.

Dragsters

First Grade
Dragon David , I must confess that after watching the Broncs game against the Eels just now , that I am beginning to understand where your coming from.

Ofahengaue was merely a passenger in the game , not really getting involved in the hard yaka as his teammates were . Even though they are on the bottom rung of the ladder his teammates gave their all .

He did seem disinterested and to make matters worse he has the body of a bluudy bowling :bowling: ball - minus the pins of course .

So should he become a Dragon then he damn well had better hit the gym and truly change his attitude. We cannot afford any more players that are there only to make up the numbers .

Yes Gareth67, he looks more like a rugby forward than a league forward and he plays like one too.

Just drifting around with the occasional big hit or run.

Compare his effort with that of their other middles, Carrigan and Haas and it's chalk and cheese.

Ok, Haas is elite but Carrigan has held that pack together and gives his all every time.

Running last has not dampened their resolve, whereas Joe, if he is not lazy then he has clocked off this season.

We can't afford another player of that ilk, if we lose a few of games they drop their intensity & effort.

Perhaps Hook can get him back to his best, but these traits are a real concern and enough to look elsewhere imo...

Dragon David

First Grade

My observations of the "Big O " in last night's game is as you have said Gareth. Needs a rocket where the sun does not shine to boost him along.

Latest posts