What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ofahengaue

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Spot on Slippery. What a boost if we can pick up Ofe and McGuire. The fact we’re talking about these players as potential signings is a ringing endorsement for bringing Hook to our club. Fingers crossed boys.
A tough pommy would be good also: good work ethic, tough and more importantly they don’t get called up for Origin. Origin duties have hurt us big time over the years...Gareth Ellis type would do!

possm

Coach
I would let Norman Sailor Laurie Host go.
Yes, together with K Sims and Merrin. Frizell, Aitken and Lafai already on their way.

I would sit down Hunt, Norman, Dufty, Saab and Pereira to advise them that there is no guarantee for any player to be selected in first grade; all selections will be based on form.

If any of these players want a release, I would grant a any of these players a release on the condition that their contract with SGI is terminated.

possm

Coach
Ah, poss, a release is terminating a contract..
Not really, many releases require a payment or subsidy of a portion of the contract over a part of a season or seasons. This payment is also included in the losing club's salary cap expenditure. I'm interested in eliminating this.

And tin the case of a swap, I say the current contract is terminated without compensation, a release granted and then the subject player's manager arranges a contract with the gaining club.

Reactions: jak

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Not really, many releases require a payment or subsidy of a portion of the contract over a part of a season or seasons. This payment is also included in the losing club's salary cap expenditure. I'm interested in eliminating this.
Unfortunately not. This situation only occurs when a club needs to offload a player, not when the player asks for a release.

How much are we paying Widdop this year?

And tin the case of a swap, I say the current contract is terminated without compensation, a release granted and then the subject player's manager arranges a contract with the gaining club.
That’s how the swap process currently works.

Dragsters

First Grade
Gotta say, I'm yet to be sold on Joe O and watching him tonight he can look lazy.

It's no secret Brisbane have been have been soft up the middle and he has been part of it.

A very lazy arm grab on Reed Mahoney tonight led to a Sivo try next tackle.

If he does end up here, I sure hope it's just disinterest in the broncos plight and he ups his commitment level big time...

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
Gotta say, I'm yet to be sold on Joe O and watching him tonight he can look lazy.

It's no secret Brisbane have been have been soft up the middle and he has been part of it.

A very lazy arm brab on Reed Mahoney tonight led to a Sivo try next tackle.

If he does end up here, I sure hope it is just disinterest in the broncos plight and he ups his commitment level big time...
My thoughts exactly Dragsters.

If he does end up here, I sure hope it is just disinterest in the broncos plight and he ups his commitment level big time...

So he should fit right in then with our current pack.

Dragon David

First Grade
So he should fit right in then with our current pack.
Don't want Joe O. P--s weak as far as I am concerned. No real ticker and clocks off. Not an 80 minutes player and playing for the useless Broncos is no excuse.

Not many damaging middle forwards who are available to choose from which is the same story every year for us.

Banjo2014

Juniors
Fox said he hasn't won a game in 13 attempts now make it 14 - keeps a photocopy of the team song in his pocket so as not to embaress himself

Dragons 09

Juniors

If he does end up here, I sure hope it's just disinterest in the broncos plight and he ups his commitment level big time...

That pretty much sums up JO for a number of seasons now. He is not what we need, he is just another along the lines of what we already have. We have to do better than that.

Belta

Juniors
Actually I was being facetious - I think they are all good second graders but someone on the forum stood up for Lawrie - I checked his stats on NRL and they are not too bad

Yeah I detected it was a little tongue in cheek. Like many I’ve felt for some time there’s a good crop of young forwards emerging but we lack mongrel. I suspect where not far off. Lawrie and Kerr in particular are on the rise IMO, Ford is very green but if I’m honest a little disappointing. Who knows If we could put together a combination like Ofangaue, JDB, and the old Tariq to lead the youngsters we may well trigger a forward revival. PS as a poster, on more than one occasion I’ve defended Lawrie citing his impressive stats. He’s all heart, hopefully he is on an upward trajectory as a front rower, because his effort is right up there.

BLM01

First Grade
All these negative nellies about Joe O..because all of a sudden tonight you watched him closer than before.
Yeh his game might of been down this year and has been suspended and in trouble with the law for a bit and had injuries last year
If he signs with us..I'll back the new coaches judgement initially to get more (or the best) out of him like he was playing 1-2 yrs ago...not judge especially on tonight nor his not so good 2020 output.

slippery5

Juniors
Don't want Joe O. P--s weak as far as I am concerned. No real ticker and clocks off. Not an 80 minutes player and playing for the useless Broncos is no excuse.

Not many damaging middle forwards who are available to choose from which is the same story every year for us.
Which player isn't clocking off for the Bronco's??
Do you think Ford, Host, Ellis & Lawrie are better options ???

Gareth67

First Grade
i feel if we dont get rid of norman we will lose young sailor now that his university studies are over , there would be no reason to stay in the area.

Your right jak. However I believe that his dad may had , had a word in his ear about where his future lies . Wendell realizes just what a mess the Dragons have been in as much as the board and its reluctance to change with the times . His advice would sway his son as to where he should go - or stay .