What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd19: Parra v Brisbane GAME DAY thread (18/9/20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eelementary

Post Whore
He crabs sideways to use his speed to find a lazy defender. It does work but he is out of form a little

And that's fine, most of the time - but when nothing is on, he just dumps it to a teammate, who gets smashed, rather than take the tackle.

Eelementary

Post Whore
If he’s going to take a tackle running sideways he’ll get absolutely monstered. Whoever runs off him with an inside ball would be running straight and hard

Keiran Foran, Dylan Brown, DCE, Luke Keary...none of these guys have any problems at all in taking a tackle, if their crabbing doesn't work.

Moses is just soft, and doesn't like contact.

Last edited:

IFR33K

Coach
Keiran Foran, Dylan Brown, DCE, Luke Keary...none of these guys have any problems at all in taking a tackle, if their crabbing doesn't work.

I think you’re being extremely unfair towards him. He got tackled numerous times

Eelementary

Post Whore
I think you’re being extremely unfair towards him. He got tackled numerous times

True.

He ran quite well last night.

I just wish he would pick, and choose, when to run a little more smartly.

Probably his biggest criticism from last night was his kicking game.

IFR33K

Coach
True.

He ran quite well last night.

I just wish he would pick, and choose, when to run a little more smartly.

Probably his biggest criticism from last night was his kicking game.

Yeah he gave away two 7 tackle sets to the broncs. But in his defense he was hurried because of a shit pass from his hooker in the later. Plus going by last years form, where he created dozens of dropouts or tries off his kicks, then yes his short kicking has been a disappointment thus far

hindy111

Post Whore
Yeah he gave away two 7 tackle sets to the broncs. But in his defense he was hurried because of a shit pass from his hooker in the later. Plus going by last years form, where he created dozens of dropouts or tries off his kicks, then yes his short kicking has been a disappointment thus far

I'm sure it was 3....

parra pete

Referee
Every game you win, brings you closer to your next LOSS..
"There ain't no horse that can't be rid, and ain't no team that can't be beat'...Law of Averages..

Eelctrifying

Juniors
I still have a lot of faith with Moses. I think people forget there hasn't been a good solid 12 mth period of him and drown together in one stint - they will get better. It was also evident he ran the ball more last night and while he got pushed away like a tissue, at least he put his body in front of Fifita in an attempt with no one else with him.

Soto

Bench

Hang on....yes to all the above except Keary he barely gets tackled...watch tonight he tries to create a 1 man overlap with his speed or will distribute the ball..and if he does get tackled he submits very quickly

Noise

Coach
That i didnt mind as it showed we have put some thought into the game instead of just run hard tackle hard..
Variety is good
I didn’t mind it too much either but giving away a 7 tackle set on our first tackle was the worst possible result. In order you prefer these:
1. Try
2. Repeat set
3. They receive the ball and we tackle them close to their line
Daylight
4. Give away a 7 tackle set
We need to go back to building pressure.

Eelementary

Post Whore

Yeah, that's exactly what I mean - we've seen what Moses is capable of, and he is down on that form.

He can turn it on, though - it was great to see him running a bit more.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Hang on....yes to all the above except Keary he barely gets tackled...watch tonight he tries to create a 1 man overlap with his speed or will distribute the ball..and if he does get tackled he submits very quickly

I've seen him a few times take the tackle - but fair enough. I'll concede that maybe Keary wasn't a great example.

I'm fine with Moses crabbing across the field to try to find a gap - but if nothing is on, I don't feel we gain anything by him dumping the ball off to a team-mate, who then gets clobbered, and especially so if Moses doesn't touch the ball on the next tackle (I could understand if he doesn’t die with the ball, because he needs to orchestrate something on the next play; however, he rarely touches the ball after Joseph Paulo-ing it across field, and dumping it to another player).

Status
Not open for further replies.