What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Football Staff for 2021

SAP58

Juniors
Hook’s staff appointments are going to be an important part of how quick our recovery will be. Flanagan, Shepherd & Pickworth are gone with others to probably follow. If DY is not the Assistant who else is out there that could make a difference in our recovery. All the good sides have really good Assistant coaches. Also a critical appointment in my mind will be the conditioning staff, we have faded in most games towards the end of the first half & especially in the second half, the top teams seem a lot fitter than us. I remember back in 2010 I knew some lower graders who told me Bennett trained the hell out of them in the off season and they were the fittest they had ever been and the results showed.

BLM01

First Grade
Hook’s staff appointments are going to be an important part of how quick our recovery will be. Flanagan, Shepherd & Pickworth are gone with others to probably follow. If DY is not the Assistant who else is out there that could make a difference in our recovery. All the good sides have really good Assistant coaches. Also a critical appointment in my mind will be the conditioning staff, we have faded in most games towards the end of the first half & especially in the second half, the top teams seem a lot fitter than us. I remember back in 2010 I knew some lower graders who told me Bennett trained the hell out of them in the off season and they were the fittest they had ever been and the results showed.
No Webster and Weidler said Hook was not getting on with this staff at Penrith and would not listen to his assistants so they answer is none...
But seriously I would take any 1 or 2 of Henry, Toovey, Brennan, Georgallis or infact anyone he thinks he would like to work with.
Conditioning and nearly all football club staff...agree but who are you going to poach...have to lay out the red carpet and the $$$$ to get some of the better staff out there.

The problem with your last sentence is every club every year says the same statement about their pre-season. And you forget it"it was the hardest pre-season we have ever done"

SAP58

Juniors
What do we know about our new General Manager of Football Ben Haran ? He has been with us for a couple of years as Executive Manager Football but I don’t know much about him. Is the role the same with a change of title ?

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Is Adrian Jimenez still with us?

He was supposed to be our strength and conditioning coach and a real tough nut to boot.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Yes Strength and conditioning is very important to any club over the season.......but so is player management.....if we continue to use 15 players per game or give 1 or 2 players a token 5 or 6 minutes off the bench in the final stages of matches then all your high performance may as well go out the window......its a 17 man game these days and anybody that thinks other wise shouldnt be in charge.
Just a quick example of poor player management imo is the over use of McInnes as a battering ram....hopefully Griffin will rectify the shortcomings of our staff thats been sadly missing for the last 10 years

Last edited:

boardlumps62

Juniors
So we definitely need a conditionung coach how obvious is that compete for 40 see you later. What was Hip a physio get fixed back on the field don't know get a good one.
Can we trust Deano not to be a White Ant. You have two find someone that know his shit attack and defence and eye on juniors to help Coach. A scout of quality. Everyone who wants the Dragons a success let's find someone. Heady and Talau lower grades.

boardlumps62

Juniors
Henry or Brennan would be good with Head to coach CC and Talau to coach JF
Wasn't Garth Brennan the next big thing at Penrith went to Titans then definitely thrown under the bus. What happened there. Like Head and Talau in lower grades they get those youngsters play such good footy.

redv13

Bench
Wasn't Garth Brennan the next big thing at Penrith went to Titans then definitely thrown under the bus. What happened there. Like Head and Talau in lower grades they get those youngsters play such good footy.
That’s him. He’s been in the lower grade systems since early 2000’s and had quite a bit of success at NYC and CC level. Coached juniors for NSW too. Unfortunately the GC job was a big :poop: sandwich a couple of years ago. Obviously can nurture juniors and bring success.

SAP58

Juniors
Bulldogs deserved their win last night & the Rabbits certainly don’t like losing especially Cody Walker, gets very nasty when things don’t go his way. Steve Georgallis did himself no harm in his search for a new club after that performance.

Mjab

Juniors
Bulldogs deserved their win last night & the Rabbits certainly don’t like losing especially Cody Walker, gets very nasty when things don’t go his way. Steve Georgallis did himself no harm in his search for a new club after that performance.
I did think about Georgalis last night
The problem is that he seems to be assistant at shitty clubs that dont do well and end up losing the head coach so every now and again he gets interim coach stints
I dont know him but IF he was an awesome assistant maybe the clubs should be doing better than they do???

Id rather have Brennan
I think there is talk Henry going Broncs??
Maybe Cartwright ??

However it is Hook will have to get on with them and be able to make use of them

Gareth67

First Grade
FAF0FD53-6F01-4B9F-9D5A-4CDA46A589EC.jpeg

Apparently one of these two fellows will be putting their hand up for the vacancy after November !

If unsuccessful , then they would undoubtedly make a seamless move onto the Dragons board .

Last edited:

Latest posts