What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 Vs Bulldogs.

We
Don’t need to rest many.Cleary has already stated they use a resting programme involving the training .MWZ and Staines will not be available I would look to Martin Edwards Crichton yeo being rested these 4 we know are carrying injuries rest them

and maybe either Luai or Cleary, just so Burton can have a play

Kilkenny

Coach
At the end of the day the Panthers coach I am confident know exactly how many players need a rest , if any.

WestyLife

First Grade
I don’t think it is worth the risk. Rest players this week, win week 1 and potentially go into A GF qualifier with the main players in our squad having only 1=game in four weeks almost. I would be playing our best 17 all the way.

There is no risk in resting players for this last game which means nothing anyway.

franklin2323

Immortal
would you want our best players potentially only playing one game in four weeks going into a Grand Final playoff game if we win our 1 v 4 game. That is a huge risk. Key players being underdone.

No chance they are underdone. Played 16 weeks straight.

More risk they get injuried. Also I have zero faith guys like Burton or Whare can do a job in a final with very limited game time. The guys that will be in the gametime 21 all need to be ready to go

Kilkenny

Coach
No chance they are underdone. Played 16 weeks straight.

More risk they get injuried. Also I have zero faith guys like Burton or Whare can do a job in a final with very limited game time. The guys that will be in the gametime 21 all need to be ready to go

1 game potentially in four weeks is not the sort or preparation you want going into a Grand Final play off game. Not a coach in the game who would follow that strategy.

kinghippo

Juniors
I'd give everyone in the squad a run. Guys like Hollis etc have been in a restrictive bubble all year and deserve a run
I completely agree, anyone who hasn’t played this year and is available should get a run.
They have had a tough year and it would be good to reward them with some solid game time or a debut.

The_Frog

First Grade
I think we should rest a big bunch this week, let some of the reserves get in on the glory.

tetevano Kenny Leota
Capewell Burns
Hethrington
Burton
May
Aekins
Mcgrady
Whare
to’o (MWZ or Staines if fit )
Laurie

bench : Spencer, Hollis, Smith, hopgood

That team looks ok.
I know it’s not going to happen but it would be fun to watch.
You have to wonder where that team would come in this premiership.

franklin2323

Immortal
1 game potentially in four weeks is not the sort or preparation you want going into a Grand Final play off game. Not a coach in the game who would follow that strategy.

Several big name players are getting rested over the next couple of weeks.

Even more important with no lower grades for fringe guys to get match fit

franklin2323

Immortal
I completely agree, anyone who hasn’t played this year and is available should get a run.
They have had a tough year and it would be good to reward them with some solid game time or a debut.

Guys like Whare/Burton are an injury from FG. So it has practical benefits too

Kilkenny

Coach
Several big name players are getting rested over the next couple of weeks.

Even more important with no lower grades for fringe guys to get match fit

There is only one more regular season game and then the real business begins.

Are you suggesting we rest players the week against the Bulldogs and again in the the 1 v 4 semi.

The fringe players are going to figure and if they have too because we sustain numerous serious injuries then we we will deal with it.

franklin2323

Immortal
There is only one more regular season game and then the real business begins.

Are you suggesting we rest players the week against the Bulldogs and again in the the 1 v 4 semi.

The fringe players are going to figure and if they have too because we sustain numerous serious injuries then we we will deal with it.

No I am saying rest top 17 players this week so everyone is fit for the semis.

It has the benefit of giving Burton, Whare etc gametime. So if in the 1 v 4 final an injury does happen we have guys with gametime to call in

ACTPanthers

Bench
The Minor Premiership is locked in. We did it my friends! The rush of jubilation has subsided enough for me to look to the next round, a game in which win, lose or draw, we come out as season winners.

To paraphrase a great literary mind, "To rest, or not to rest, that is the question". And what a question it is. Do we rest some players to have them fresh for the first week of the Finals series? Or do we play the best we have to maintain the players own personal momentum? It is a hard task to come up with an answer to that, and I do not envy the people who have to make this decision.

In my own personal opinion, I'd rest a player or two. Give some of our other key cogs a rest and bring in some others who would be grateful for the opportunity to run out and have a dig.

I must confess that this week feels like a bit of "lull in the battle". Nothing really on the line, and with all eyes on the following weeks of footy, this feels a little like going through the motions... I'm not really feeling anything.

All we can ask is that there are no injuries in this weeks dead rubber. Use the game to work on some things, but most of all, have a good time out there (which I think we can all see, the boys are doing this EVERY WEEK!).

WestyLife

First Grade
The Minor Premiership is locked in. We did it my friends! The rush of jubilation has subsided enough for me to look to the next round, a game in which win, lose or draw, we come out as season winners.

To paraphrase a great literary mind, "To rest, or not to rest, that is the question". And what a question it is. Do we rest some players to have them fresh for the first week of the Finals series? Or do we play the best we have to maintain the players own personal momentum? It is a hard task to come up with an answer to that, and I do not envy the people who have to make this decision.

In my own personal opinion, I'd rest a player or two. Give some of our other key cogs a rest and bring in some others who would be grateful for the opportunity to run out and have a dig.

I must confess that this week feels like a bit of "lull in the battle". Nothing really on the line, and with all eyes on the following weeks of footy, this feels a little like going through the motions... I'm not really feeling anything.

All we can ask is that there are no injuries in this weeks dead rubber. Use the game to work on some things, but most of all, have a good time out there (which I think we can all see, the boys are doing this EVERY WEEK!).

I think they should reward the guys who've had to deal with being in the NRL bubble with it's extra restrictions without seeing much game time. A nice little thanks for the effort at training etc.

maple_69

Bench
I’d only rest for injuries and I wouldn’t move players out of position to cover them at all. So Aekins for Edwards, Capewell for Martin, Burton for Yeo (May to lock) and Whare for Crichton. Those guys will be better for the rest and the guys coming in will be better for the run if needed.

franklin2323

Immortal
I think they should reward the guys who've had to deal with being in the NRL bubble with it's extra restrictions without seeing much game time. A nice little thanks for the effort at training etc.

That is it for me too. Allows us to have match fit guys should we need them in the finals.

franklin2323

Immortal

Be good to see the team do the lap with the shield this week regardless of on field. So will be a strange feeling