What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 19 vs Storm @ Sunshine Coast Stadium

Who will win? Round 19: Storm v Wests Tigers

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pezz70

Juniors
Storm are masters at controlling and destroying the ruck and getting away with it. It makes such a massive difference to their game, no other team can get away with their tactics in defence, we touch the ball we get penalised they grab it and hold it, just constantly spoiling the movement of the attacking player , it’s very frustrating to watch, I hate it but you’ve got to acknowledge that they do it better than anybody else.

Pezz70

Juniors
Why is it we make a break, build momentum or just do anything awesome then blow it all on the third tackle with a stupid kick or unesscary pass?

Do they honestly not understand how the tackle count works?

Its called low footy IQ, you can’t coach it, a natural footballer will see things happening and just be able to put himself in the mix or take the right action. We have a severe lack of it at the moment, Kepo is an absolute prime example
Of it, he has bombed six tries the last couple
Of weeks because he is unable to make the simplest decisions correctly

Nofo gone

WA Tiger

Bench
That pass from Lawrence to Kapoia after the BJ? break Just needed to be taken didn’t it..That should have been a stock standard try and would have set us up nicely .I hope they practice that play a lot in future with kapoia

WA Tiger

Bench
I actually thought the team complemented Benji nicely...Lots of great things were happening without him and that’s good..They didn’t finish it off that’s all. But great to watch up go that point.. they created lots of threatening positions ..I think it’s looking good..
. .Honestly I couldn’t watch the game after approx 20 min but I started watching again with storm by 10 and 20 to go...Then Aloiai went down...Reynolds, why wasn’t he played in earlier games?
Liddle looked very good

Vozzy

Juniors
This team really spiralled out of control since the warriors game at halftime. Madge gave them a spray when they were leading and it seems from there they arent playing for him or certain players especially in defence are not pushing themselves to help a teammate.

1 of 2 things have happened he was too hard on them then or he went hard on them then the media made 10000 stories about him being too tough and he has relaxed himself and the attitude of the players has relaxed with it. After the broncos game they were so proud to concede 0 points so things were working.

I really think he wants to drop half of this team including benji but seems something is now holding him back. Yes benji is a good reason we score but he is twice the reason we dont build pressure and let the opposition march down and score on his side.

Our best games were against bulldogs and cowboys back to back. Yes they are shit but we won by over 20 points back to back and the other teams struggked to score against us. We had Reynolds and Brooks in the halves for those games.

I think Ricky Stuart was spot on when he told BJ he wasn’t first grade material, he was atrocious tonight and what is concerning is that we have signed him for 3 years, so unless he grows a brain and gets himself fit ,we can all expect another 2 years of the tripe he dished up tonight.
ZM and JA were very good tonight, they both ripped into the Storm pack and didn’t take a backward step.With young Blore you have three forwards that go hard and are not afraid to get physical.
Kepaoa how bad are his hands? I’m not sure if he has bad eyesight or if he is unco but I seriously doubt that this kid could catch covid atm, hopefully he will improve.

WA Tiger

Bench
but but we won by over 20 points back to back and the other teams struggled to score against us. We had Reynolds and Brooks in the halves for those games.
That’s not a conclusion tho .. just a couple of games...This was the storm as the opposition and Josh & Benji looked great..Both Confident ,Different ..it Just gives Benji room to breath

Tiger05

First Grade
That’s not a conclusion tho .. just a couple of games...This was the storm as the opposition and Josh & Benji looked great..Both Confident ,Different ..it Just gives Benji room to breath

Do you really think our halves were good out there ? I thought Benji was okay but he wasn't good. Reynolds had his standard sub par performance again. We need better halves.

Saw a very good coached team tonight.
Saw a team that that played to their strengths and the oppositions weaknesses.
Saw a team that knew they were going to win, never panicked when th3 opposition had the ball and scored 1st to tries in 2nd half.

Hate that they train for and get away with so much but look at 1st line above.

WA Tiger

Bench
Do you really think our halves were good out there ? I thought Benji was okay but he wasn't good. Reynolds had his standard sub par performance again. We need better halves.
Ok I missed that...Anyway the rest of the team created lots of opportunities as well which helped..and we didn’t give up in defence..Some sensational defence ..fearless ..I thought the Huth looked like a good prop type player at times ..
Grant was f**ked after that effort from effort

Last edited:

Pezz70

Juniors
This team really spiralled out of control since the warriors game at halftime. Madge gave them a spray when they were leading and it seems from there they arent playing for him or certain players especially in defence are not pushing themselves to help a teammate.

1 of 2 things have happened he was too hard on them then or he went hard on them then the media made 10000 stories about him being too tough and he has relaxed himself and the attitude of the players has relaxed with it. After the broncos game they were so proud to concede 0 points so things were working.

I really think he wants to drop half of this team including benji but seems something is now holding him back. Yes benji is a good reason we score but he is twice the reason we dont build pressure and let the opposition march down and score on his side.

Our best games were against bulldogs and cowboys back to back. Yes they are shit but we won by over 20 points back to back and the other teams struggked to score against us. We had Reynolds and Brooks in the halves for those games.

Blokes are so precious these days, sulking, whinging and whining cause a coach gave them a serve. Play bloody footy properly !!! Sooks.

I pointed out a number of times in the last couple months how much better a side the tigers are with Brooks and Reynolds in the halves. I can’t remember the stats now but I think maybe two games with those two together the opposition scored more than 20. When Benji is in the side I think maybe 11-12 games
only two have we kept a side less than 20, one of those was the Broncos!

We are stuck with Brooks at half, next year my halves would definitely be Douehi and Brooks. Momo and Talau centres, Mbye back at the back and Nofo and Kepo on the wings. I still think Hoffman would be worth playing around with. If I was Addo-Carr there’s no way I’m coming to the Tigers. I’m sure the Sharks, Dragons and Bulldogs will make room and you know the Roosters aren’t without a chequebook and Tommy Turbo looks broken so the Eagles might snap him.

Last edited:

Front-Rower

First Grade
I really think he wants to drop half of this team including benji but seems something is now holding him back.
He’s probably scared he’ll end up the same way as Potter, Taylor and Cleary. Yes Cleary, nothing to do with wanting to coach his son in my books. Cleary knew who was in charge, and it wasn’t him.

Madge needs a year without any Benji (and Robbie) crap hanging over his head.

Front-Rower

First Grade
For those bagging JRey last night, I want you to go back and take a look at the replay of the drop out that bounced well in to Melbourne’s half. The only player who chased that drop out was Reynolds. He got to about the half way line, had a look around and saw all of his team mates at least 10 metres behind him.

He wasn’t bought in to the club as the worlds best play maker, he was bought here to lead, provide energy. But why bother when your team mates have bought in to the lazy culture.

Tigerm

First Grade
Just listening to Madge in the press conference after the game, he mentioned that next week will be the last game for a Benji, Chris and a number of players which obviously indicates that the players already know they are going.
I guess it’s a bit hard to get up for any game if you know you won’t be here next season. Although I doubt the result would have been much different.