What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Reaction after tonight's game

Who will pop the biggest vein if we lose?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hindy111

Post Whore
Top 8 results v Top 8 teams:
Panthers played 9 - won 7, lost 1, drawn 1
Storm played 11 - won 8, lost 3
Eels played 8 - won 5, lost 3
Roosters played 8 - won 4, lost 4
Raiders played 8 - won 3, lost 5
Knights played 8 - won 2, lost 5, drawn 1
Bunnies played 7 - won 2, lost 5
Sharks played 6 - won 0, lost 6

Going into finals are you confident we will beat any other side? I think we have ability to click and take it out still. But I still lean towards out first week with a loss to Sharks

hindy111

Post Whore
...and when you point out that poor performances are invariably multi-faceted and no one individual is to blame you get accused of 'accepting mediocrity'.

No mate. Things do not work you need to make changes. Last night BA made a few. Good on him. Even if they are poor choices atleast he tried something different and showed players that they will be dropped if do not perform.

Sivo should of been rissoles 6 weeks ago.

Avenger

Immortal
That's got bugger all to do with what I was talking about. I'm talking about the relentless and severe crap aimed at the coach, not whether people should be elated with our current performance. Of course we could be playing better, but some people don't seem to be able to live their lives without having an individual to blame for stuff they don't like. I'm not a huge BA fan, but he has done better than ok for the last couple of seasons.
I’m not his biggest fan either.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I like BA. He is the type of person I'd love to share success with as a fan. Much more then say Ricky. He is an all round good bloke and very loyal. I feel this is his issue at times.
I don't think he is a super coach and I also doubt he is to blame for our halves not carrying out the game plan. He isn't coaching Moses to give 7 tackle sets or grubbers that hit defense. Imagine the score last night had 5 of those kicks been executed better. One is a try for sure. And I dare say another would of been atleast due to sustained pressure. Then add then one not given that was legit.
26 points is 42-12.....If Moses executes BA game plan that is a true reflection of score imo.....

I know the game was in hand, but I am not a fan of that play - kicking on the first from the scrum...

I mean, sure - we took a shot.

But we gave away cheap possession.

Even if the ball stayed in the field of play, we gave the ball away - it was a scrum, 50m out, our ball...and we basically hand the ball over to the Broncos. And the added bonus was we gave them an extra tackle.

I've never been a fan of those sorts of plays - yes, when they come off, they look brilliant.

But most of the time, you're just giving away cheap possession, and territory.

hindy111

Post Whore
I know the game was in hand, but I am not a fan of that play - kicking on the first from the scrum...

I mean, sure - we took a shot.

But we gave away cheap possession.

Even if the ball stayed in the field of play, we gave the ball away - it was a scrum, 50m out, our ball...and we basically hand the ball over to the Broncos. And the added bonus was we gave them an extra tackle.

I've never been a fan of those sorts of plays - yes, when they come off, they look brilliant.

But most of the time, you're just giving away cheap possession, and territory.

They are something you use in a finals game against a side where chances of winning are slim. Shock tactics....

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
No mate. Things do not work you need to make changes. Last night BA made a few. Good on him. Even if they are poor choices atleast he tried something different and showed players that they will be dropped if do not perform.

Sivo should of been rissoles 6 weeks ago.
I'm not sure how that relates to my point.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That's got bugger all to do with what I was talking about. I'm talking about the relentless and severe crap aimed at the coach, not whether people should be elated with our current performance. Of course we could be playing better, but some people don't seem to be able to live their lives without having an individual to blame for stuff they don't like. I'm not a huge BA fan, but he has done better than ok for the last couple of seasons.
I think because most fans don't understand the factors that go into making a team successful on the field, they like to have a human face to reflect the entirety of the resources that go into making a club successful. For most that's the coach, who represents (in their minds) everyone at any given club who makes decisions responsible for the team achieving success. At least they recognise that Politis is more influential at the Roosters than Robinson, for exmaple, but at most clubs there is nobody with a higher media profile than the coach. So he is to blame (or praise) for everything that results in the team's performances.