What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

stryker

First Grade
JAC and Grant released from Melbourne contract next!
If Grant leaves Melbourne, are you expecting he would jump at the chance to sign here?
I reckon the Roosters would tap Friend on the shoulder immediately.
If not them there would be others. My suspicion would be he only signs here if it’s the only option or he is massively overpaid.

BrotherJim05

Bench
If Grant leaves Melbourne, are you expecting he would jump at the chance to sign here?
If not them there would be others. My suspicion would be he only signs here if it’s the only option or he is massively overpaid.

I reckon he would sign on with us. He seems to really enjoy playing under Madge, and you could argue that Madge is the one who brought his best out of him.

JAC, Grant and Tamoa in our 17 makes Tigers an insanely more attractive team to play in

Tigerm

First Grade
We won’t know until it happens, but he has consistently said he admires Madge’s style, so I would be quietly confident.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Tamous a good start. He alone won’t change the side but he can be the beginning of it. 2 years is a surprisingly good get for us

Just read that he has the most meters per minute of any prop on the comp this year so a lot of quality there

Pack next year looking strong:

8. Aloiai
9. Liddle
10. Tamou
11. Leilua
12. Blore/McIntyre
13. Twal

14. Utoikamanu
15. Musgrove/Mikaele
16. McIntyre/Blore
17. Simpkins

stryker

First Grade
I reckon he would sign on with us. He seems to really enjoy playing under Madge, and you could argue that Madge is the one who brought his best out of him.

JAC, Grant and Tamoa in our 17 makes Tigers an insanely more attractive team to play in
That is true and if Douehi is a 5/8 then we only require a fullback

soc123_au

Staff member
Aussie Jim is a great pick up for you guys. He was patchy in his first year for us, but has been very consistent since then. I think his leadership has helped with the rise of our other forwards too. He still has a few good years left in him, so should be a good signing on & off the field.

Tigerm

First Grade
I think his leadership has helped with the rise of our other forwards too. He still has a few good years left in him, so should be a good signing on & off the field.
Cheers, I think this is how most have seen this. Russell Packer hasn’t done this for us, for a few reasons.

WA Tiger

Bench
Last I heard Storm are targeting : insisting Nofo for the JAC swap..That’s just smart arse..They know thats a no answer and are just playing the game..stalling

soc123_au

Staff member
Cheers, I think this is how most have seen this. Russell Packer hasn’t done this for us, for a few reasons.
Jimmy is a different beast to Fudge. Both very capable players at their best, but leadership and attitude from what I can tell is well stacked in Jimmy's favour. I dont recall Tamou ever stepping out of line off field. He has been the type of player others should aspire to emulate from day one. I really hope he takes your young players under his wing, Blore & the kid from Parra should shine with his help.

Last I heard Storm are targeting : insisting Nofo for the JAC swap..That’s just smart arse..They know thats a no answer and are just playing the game..stalling

Why are they being smart arses? The way I see it is that they have a player under contract who wants to leave and they are happy for him to leave as long as they get a swap on equal (or close to equal) terms. I call that being smart and looking after your club first and foremost. JAC signed a contract which Melbourne are happy to honour. If JAC wants to break it why should they be disadvantaged?

This is something we have failed to learn with Moses, Cleary, and Matterson. In each case we've just accepted getting shafted. We could learn from a professional outfit like Melbourne. We really should have worked it out ourselves a long time ago.

What's the old saying, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. And in our case fool me three times and we are a pack of easily manipulated knobs

Fordy20

Juniors
Cleary targeted Gutherson for the Moses swap, but got Twal instead. We should have insisted on an early release of Stephano in turn for Matterson being released, but I'm not sure what we could have got with respect to Cleary.

I also think they are being smart arses by saying they want Nofo as well, but I reckon it's because they want JAC and the club to focus on the finals and leave the horse trading until the off season.

stryker

First Grade
They are good operators and are holding all the cards. If we tangle with them, we’ll lose two players

WA Tiger

Bench
They are good operators and are holding all the cards. If we tangle with them, we’ll lose two players
Possibly....Here’s a theory...Bellamy tells Smith to delay his call that he will play on just so we don’t get too comfortable with Grant staying at WT...Looks like the off season could be where all our action lies

Hoofhearted

Juniors
Expect the Broncos to roll out the red carpet, they have been suspiciously quiet this whole time and have money to spend since losing Fifita. Dont be fooled by whats happened up there this year, they are a power house club owned by News Ltd, Harry is from QLD and they need a hooker.

Kilkenny

Coach
Does anyone have any control over Silverdale on here?

He’s been active on our forum around trying to tell us we should be playing our SOO half back at fullback.

I understand everyone is entitled to there opinion, but there is a line.

Is someone here capable of telling him to pull his head in?

Latest posts