What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron Smith is the greatest rugby league player ever.

Saxon

Bench
I know Steve Menzies played 477 games in the NRL and "Super" League.
510 if you include NSW and Kangaroos. Hard core.
With rep games Cam so far is up to 445. If he plays 2 more seasons without major injury (including origins and Tests) that will put him damn close.

Apey

Staff member
But in the ultimate barometer of Thurston’s standing in the game, Smith says the Cowboys ace has surpassed them all, labelling the 37-game veteran his finest Maroon teammate.

Smith, Origin’s most-capped player with 41 matches, believes rugby league will never produce another player with Thurston’s gifts.

“He is the greatest Queensland player I’ve played with and the best player there will ever be,” he said after watching Thurston carry a shoulder injury for 50 minutes to inspire an 18-16 victory.
record speaks for its self
thanks for bumping this thread with a quote from the first reply

Perth Red

Post Whore
If I was starting a club and had a time capsule to go back and sign any 16 year old to be the clubs leader and franchise player for the years ahead, I'd go and sign Smith every day of the week over any other player I've seen play. He delivers not only on the field with his play, but in his club leadership and his presence off the field. Cant think of another player that can deliver all three so consistently over such a long period of time.

Johns and Lewis both outstanding on the field no question.

Hutty1986

Immortal
If I was starting a club and had a time capsule to go back and sign any 16 year old to be the clubs leader and franchise player for the years ahead, I'd go and sign Smith every day of the week over any other player I've seen play. He delivers not only on the field with his play, but in his club leadership and his presence off the field. Cant think of another player that can deliver all three so consistently over such a long period of time.

images.jpeg-12.jpg

Smith has been definitely been the most successful player of the modern era.

Latest posts