What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd19: Parra v Brisbane GAME DAY thread (18/9/20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Paulo getting charged is disgraceful which sums up how bad the match review committee are. Since Friday we've had illegal incidents that have been on report and cited that are far worse than Paulo's supposed dangerous tackle.

FMD where is this game going? 2 weeks out from the finals and the referees and bunker have been appalling.

84 Baby

Referee
Paulo getting charged is disgraceful which sums up how bad the match review committee are. Since Friday we've had illegal incidents that have been on report and cited that are far worse than Paulo's supposed dangerous tackle.

FMD where is this game going? 2 weeks out from the finals and the referees and bunker have been appalling.
Probably should’ve rested them during the season. Kept them fresh for finals

Kornstar

Coach
True...

But I would say that Luke Keary has achieved more in the game than Moses, and thus it affords him a bit more slack.

I'm not comparing the players, Keary is obviously the better player and much, much, much more successful i was just pointing out that he happened to throw the exact same (silly) pass to his winger as Moses threw on Friday......my point was that it happens.

I am sure that Moses would love to play in teams that Keary has as well though, sure would make his job easier.

Ultimately though, Moses is down on form and whether that is injury or just a slump is anyones guess but we are about to finish in the top 5 for the 3rd time out of 4 years and we still have a chance to go one better than last year.

We don't have the luxury of the Roosters or Storm where we can afford to lose key players for weeks at a time and still compete with the best sides, that takes more than a few years of consistency within a club and then longer term mentality, are we heading in that direction? No idea but as Gary pointed out last week, we have been consistently better since Arthur has been in charge than we were previously after Smith left us.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I'm not comparing the players, Keary is obviously the better player and much, much, much more successful i was just pointing out that he happened to throw the exact same (silly) pass to his winger as Moses threw on Friday......my point was that it happens.

I am sure that Moses would love to play in teams that Keary has as well though, sure would make his job easier.

Ultimately though, Moses is down on form and whether that is injury or just a slump is anyones guess but we are about to finish in the top 5 for the 3rd time out of 4 years and we still have a chance to go one better than last year.

We don't have the luxury of the Roosters or Storm where we can afford to lose key players for weeks at a time and still compete with the best sides, that takes more than a few years of consistency within a club and then longer term mentality, are we heading in that direction? No idea but as Gary pointed out last week, we have been consistently better since Arthur has been in charge than we were previously after Smith left us.

The only time we've made the finals 3 out of 4 seasons since Smith left was 06, 07 and 09. The years directly after Smith left.

I think it goes to show that what we were doing was completely wrong, the rot started in 2006 and those in charge thought the way to fix it was continual head coach changes which meant continual overhauls of our direction as a club. So whilst our rise to this point has been long and at times frustrating it was a near decade deterioration that had to be fixed.

Eelementary

Post Whore

I do agree - Moses is a very, very good player, and he's badly out of form.

We've seen him at his best, and at his best, he's a great fit for us.

I saw signs against Brisbane that he was getting back to his best, so fingers crossed...

Eelementary

Post Whore
It's not the opinion I disagree with. I just don't understand the logic.

Fair enough.

I will freely admit that my logic can be hard to comprehend at times (and not necessarily just on these forums, but in real life, as well).

Keary has had so much success, that if he has an off day, we can just say, "Ah - he was crap tonight, but we've seen what he can do, and he has done it over a long period, so he is entitled to a bad day, here and there."

Much like when Michael Jennings' form was down - I, for one, was happy to forgive him, because form is temporary, but class is permanent, and elite players have proven their class in the past many times over.

In the case of Mitchell Moses, he is supremely talented - it's there for everyone to see.

But because he hasn't had much on-field success, I think some fans (myself included) are harsher on him when judging him, because he wants to be an elite player, but sometimes makes dumb plays that elite players would not resort to.

I don’t know if that makes sense. Probably not.

Eelementary

Post Whore
www.nrl.com › documentationPDF
Web results
NRL Laws & Interpretations - NRL.com

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Vaw2M_8V7csSEEPex9F6U584T&cshid=1600605858236

SCORING A TRY
Scoring a Try
A try is scored when:
a. A player first grounds the ball in his opponents in goal
b. Opposing players simultaneously grounds the ball in the in goal area
c. A tackled player’s momentum carries him into the opponents in goal where he grounds the ball.
Grounding Grounding the Ball includes:
a. Placing the ball on the ground with hand or hands, wrist or forearm
b. Exerting a downward pressure on the ball in contact with the ground
c. Dropping on the ball and covering it with the front part of the body above the waist and below the neck.
A player who has had possession or touches/touched the ball and knocks the ball forward must regain possession (catch, hold or grip) prior to the ball hitting the ground, another player, goal post or cross bar. For the ball to be deemed grounded, pressure must be applied by the player’s fingers, hand, wrist, forearm or torso so as to create a reasonable influence on the plane of the ball including the spin, rotation, momentum or bounce.

Double Movement
A try will be awarded if: ‘a tackled player’s momentum carries him into the opponents’ in-goal where he grounds the ball even if the ball has first touched the ground in the field of play’.
In the process of scoring a try a player in possession must not promote the ball from the position the ball has been grounded.
If the momentum of the player in possession carries him into the opponents in goal area, it will not be a double movement if the ball would have finished over the goal line regardless of any subsequent movement of the ball or the arm carrying the ball.

Penalty Try
Further, if circumstances warrant it:
‘The Referee (or Review Officials) may award a penalty try if, in his opinion, a try would have been scored but for the unfair play of the defending team. A penalty try is awarded between the goal posts irrespective of where the offence occurred.’

Status
Not open for further replies.