What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adam Blair to retire imminently?

JJ

Immortal
I’m no fan, hugely overrated imo but 300 plus games in that league is incredibly impressive... hope he retires but time will tell

Rich102

Staff member
Could be an ideal job for him with benefits for the club.
Hope it's not just jobs for the boys.

Meth

Staff member
I think we'll miss Blair more than we realise.

If he could play the football that he's been playing this year for less money, I think there could be a place for him in the side.

Maybe.

Or in the squad.

Particularly with a young team. If we lose Burr and Paasi, our pack starts to look a little green. Aside from Harris and maybe Ah Mau, who has never really eventuated as a forward leader.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
What happens to his contract?

Does the $650k come off the cap in 2021 because he is retiring? Or does it get spread across the years he is contracted for his "off field role"?

Seems like a bit of a rort and what the tigers got in trouble for with Robbie Farah a couple of years back

Penrose_11

Juniors
Unsure how it exactly works but pretty sure Blair’s contract was for 3yrs (2018-20) and an option for a 4th in players favour. So presumably they could agree not to sign him for next season and Blair retires and this allows club to sign him in an off field role paying $$coin thats not against the cap. I’m thinking that $650k will go nicely on a hooker upgrade

Rich102

Staff member
Blair has played well and has more stopping power than any of our team. That Payten left him off in favour of Jazz is a mystery to me.