What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ofahengaue

Mjab

Juniors
What the hell has happened to Vaughn. I can give Kerr an excuse just really got a go this year. But Vaughn talk about Non-Italian Stallion. Has he had a nut operation or someone drain his tetesterone
I heard he has had enough And looking For options out
Strong last few years now a shadow
Had enough of dragons footy under Peanut
Who can blame him , we have all had enough

hopefully a fresh year and a fresh coach Can turn things around
For all of us

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I must say being patient and building from within certainly sounds warm and fuzzy and I agree it should be our focus. But I partially fear this concept is also dream time stuff. I say this because we have a very poor track record of late in producing world beaters. If you’re thinking that I am offering a better solution than you’d be mistaken as I can’t see any easy fixes. Astute buys for us are few and far between for clubs like us so we may very well need to take a chance on one or two forwards like JO and hope a new environment sees them reach their potential.

Despite my post sounding depressively negative, strangely enough Im actually excited. I’m more hopeful that our coaching staff will bring changes to our defence, attack and team selections that I’m sure will see better results
We definitely do need to take a chance on Joe O, or McGuire. Look at the Rorters, they took a chance on the Morris boys and look how well that turned out. We definitely need experience and although our attempts so far in Graham etc haven’t really worked out we have to persist, just at the right price and right contract length. We are just not getting any marquee players, we need a rough diamond or two.

possm

Coach
We definitely do need to take a chance on Joe O, or McGuire. Look at the Rorters, they took a chance on the Morris boys and look how well that turned out. We definitely need experience and although our attempts so far in Graham etc haven’t really worked out we have to persist, just at the right price and right contract length. We are just not getting any marquee players, we need a rough diamond or two.
We really don't know what is on Griffin's mind but right now I trust him to come up with the right decisions. If it was up to me, I would by a strong and fast fullback - RTS or JAC, 3 props - big O, McGuire, Pangai Jr and an edge forward the best available.

We have some good young backs coming through and should use them in 2021.

I would prefer to let go: Dufty, Pereira, Williame, Sailor, Norman, Hunt, K Sims, Merrin, Lawrie, Ellis and Host. Aitken, Lafai, Graham and Frizell have already found other clubs.

So let's go with Griffins babes:
1. RTS or JAC - 1m to 750k - increase on Dufty - 500k
2. Matt Feagai - 250k - about the same as Pereira
3. Zac Lomax - 500k - long term already in budget
4. Max Feagai - 250k - decrease on Lafai about 200k
5. Ramsey - 250k - about the same as Ravalawa
6. Sullivan - 300k - decrease on Norman about 500k
7. Maloney - 600k - decrease on Hunt about 500k
8. McGuire - 400k - about the same as Graham
9. McInnes - 500k - already in budget
10. Vaughan - 600k - already in budget
11. T Sims - 500k - already in budget
12. New edge forward - 500k - decrease on Frizell 100k
13. JDB or new lock - 600k - already in budget

14. Big O - 400k - increase on Ellis 150k
15. Pangai Jr - 400k - increase on Lawrie 150k
16. Kerr - 350k - already in budget
17.Ford - 350k - already in budget

Indicative figures only but my best guess.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
We really don't know what is on Griffin's mind but right now I trust him to come up with the right decisions. If it was up to me, I would by a strong and fast fullback - RTS or JAC, 3 props - big O, McGuire, Pangai Jr and an edge forward the best available.

I would prefer to let go: Dufty, Pereira, Williame, Sailor, Norman, Hunt, K Sims, Merrin, Lawrie, Ellis and Host. Aitken, Lafai, Graham and Frizell have already found other clubs.

Of those players mentioned big O and McGuire are semi realistic and I would be shocked and over the moon with either. Ecstatic with both. If we let go Hunt, Norman, Dufty along with the others and Mary’s payout, that is a hell of a lot of money we are paying out to people no longer involved in the club. Not happening.
Realistic scenarios are carrying Norman for 2021 and not renewing, a given imo. Possible player swap for Hunt to a team that needs a hooker for a prop. Possible but unlikely, I think Hunt will want to prove he still has it and we can at least pencil him in for 2021. We have some leverage with Saab, he may help us in negotiations with getting a player across the line we wouldn’t otherwise be able to get. I would be using that ace card wisely. No matter who we buy in the backs won’t matter with our pack. We need to throw everything at props. The rest we can fill from within with a look towards supplementing the backs to suit once Norman leaves and again when Hunt leaves. At this stage Lomax will be borderline origin material, and Feagai, Ramsey and Sullivan could all be solid first graders.

Gareth67

First Grade
What the hell has happened to Vaughn. I can give Kerr an excuse just really got a go this year. But Vaughn talk about Non-Italian Stallion. Has he had a nut operation or someone drain his tetesterone

Certainly seems that way boardlumps62 . The man has something on his mind and it’s not footy . Perhaps it’s the vacuum that has appeared by a interim coach who has no real game plan , one could say a coach whose mind is also elsewhere.

The same with the majority of Dragon players , it’s only the younger ones that are getting somewhere through pure enthusiasm - they have not been affected by this . Even McInnes had a relatively quiet game yesterday and as another member pointed out there is simply nobody out on the field that is opening their mouth .

Almost as if they have accepted their fate and are not doing anything to change that .
May the good lawd help them next week against the Storm , as regardless of whom is playing in their team the meek Dragons will be like lambs to a slaughter .

hazzbeen

Bench
Certainly seems that way boardlumps62 . The man has something on his mind and it’s not footy . Perhaps it’s the vacuum that has appeared by a interim coach who has no real game plan , one could say a coach whose mind is also elsewhere.

The same with the majority of Dragon players , it’s only the younger ones that are getting somewhere through pure enthusiasm - they have not been affected by this . Even McInnes had a relatively quiet game yesterday and as another member pointed out there is simply nobody out on the field that is opening their mouth .

Almost as if they have accepted their fate and are not doing anything to change that .
May the good lawd help them next week against the Storm , as regardless of whom is playing in their team the meek Dragons will be like lambs to a slaughter .
The fat lady has sung ..... o

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
The fat lady has sung ..... o
Yeah she definitely has. They have clocked off well and truly probably more than any team. We are in a weird position too. Nothing to gain, change of coach so excuses and not even avoiding the wooden spoon as may be motivation for Brisbane/Dogs. They are thinking about getting out of the bubble without a doubt, even McInnes. Hopefully they can have one last dig next week and try to at least stay with the Strom so they can earn their schooners that night.

LINESPEED

Juniors

I’d keep Duff
Possm
He’s part of my culture

....someone said he’s a No7 playing No1

.... & I can see from the back of the scrum within 30m he’d be devastating

... and he’s already playing much of his game out of the middle.

So yeah Ramsey fullback until Schiller’s right for a crack.

IMHO Vaughn & Cam are so scarred they’ll move on.

Definitely need 4 new forwards who’ll bash the opposition.

And if JDB’s innocent
.... then over time we’ll rock’n’roll with the skillset of our backs in waiting

lynx000

Juniors
Not really, many releases require a payment or subsidy of a portion of the contract over a part of a season or seasons. This payment is also included in the losing club's salary cap expenditure. I'm interested in eliminating this.

And tin the case of a swap, I say the current contract is terminated without compensation, a release granted and then the subject player's manager arranges a contract with the gaining club.
No one is going to take Norman or Hunt off your hands without a subsidy (sorry to be the bearer of bad news).

possm

Coach

I think it is stones kicking Young who has their sympathy and in the absence of Griffin turning up to train them, there is no enthusiasm or excitment.

I'd say the easy way for Griffin to go is for him to clean out all the players he really does not want and then recrurit accordingly.

Gareth67

First Grade
I think it is stones kicking Young who has their sympathy and in the absence of Griffin turning up to train them, there is no enthusiasm or excitment.

I'd say the easy way for Griffin to go is for him to clean out all the players he really does not want and then recrurit accordingly.

Yes that is hopefully what the man shall do . However the problem is that there is only $1.5 mill. in our supposed ‘ war-chest ‘ , not a great sum to do the job at hand .

possm

Coach
Yes that is hopefully what the man shall do . However the problem is that there is only $1.5 mill. in our supposed ‘ war-chest ‘ , not a great sum to do the job at hand .
To me, it all depends on who they want to keep and how the club disposes those players they want to let go. But given that I would only keep Vaughan, McInnes and T Sims as first grade forwards and that I'd let go Dufty, Sailor, Pereira, Norman and Hunt in the backline, it seems to me that there is a possible 4m available to rebuild with the majority of CC players being local juniors of players on base salary. So Fullback up to 1m, Maloney and Sullivan in the halves 1m, two props 1m and an edge forward 500k should leave us well within the budget.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors

After last Sunday's dismal effort, hard to argue with a total Dragon cleanout- particularly of our so-called "forwards". I'd be tempted to add Fuimaono and Ford to the cleanout but I suppose youth has to be given a second chance.
But bad as they were, the big O was even worse. I kept a close eye on him given that he is reported to be on the Dragons radar and he showed every sign of not what wanting to be there. He avoided work and ran and hit with all the impact of soggy lettuce against the Eels. He would be a risk based on that performance.

Mjab

Juniors

the young ones are enthusiastic and trying to prove themselves

Older players have now had 2 abysmal seasons in a row and with Peanut and Peanut 2.0 directing them , I think I would have clocked off as well

Hopefully some new staff and a new preseason will help and if not quickly given the boot

Latest posts