What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eddie Blacker ...one to watch

nontime111

Juniors
hes pretty good in this game, great skill with LOTS of mungrel JUST what we need!! I hope hes locked up long term also

LINESPEED

Juniors
hes pretty good in this game, great skill with LOTS of mungrel JUST what we need!! I hope hes locked up long term also

So I know

inevitably,
predictably
Inexorably
ineluctably

it’ll be a
‘Return Of The Journeymen’ rerun
cum Teamsheet Tuesdy

BUT

...but surely Eddie gets a shot Rd 20 FFS after that forward performance?

FMD
I’d even throw Rav into the pack - at least he has size & will have a dig!

Jeez what am I thinking? But throw Lovechild & Jordy into the pack as well - just anyone who’ll open their fuc/ken eyes on the goal line (lol)

And Jayden & Tristan to the halves

- both of whom shoulda played vs Knights

For me it’s still disbelief that Clone is even more conservative than McNFI

He’s totally shat in his own nest IMO & now will never coach the Dragons - such is the now bitter taste of their combined legacy of abject failure on every coaching count measurable

Hammer linespeed, linespeed, linespeed vs Storm

... and let those juniors play with freedom & spirit
for the Club THEY obviously love

... free of McMentor’s brain-dead shackles

After all it was 12-12 2nd half

when Zac, Duff & Cody decided to go freelancing

Jayden & Tristan will at least run to the line & have the Storm in 2 minds?

Sorry Webby
But it’s time for you & Hook to intervene right now

PS
Zac will be our next captain - perhaps our youngest ever
Reg Gasnier was the youngest ever Aust Capt at 22

Last edited:

BBTB

Juniors
After that poor showing from our forward pack, I'd "drop"Vaughn, Kerr, frizzle, ford. Bring in
All our Upcomers. That was the worst
Team effort I've seen from a St George side. Seeing lot's of teams
Since 1950's.
It's a disgrace...
That this team, is allowed to wear the :red_circle:Red V..

SaintPauli

Juniors
Vaughan and Ellis in the middle are both way to slow on their feet and easily exposed by opposition coaches.
Throw in Blocker as well. Our forwards are to SLOW !
Eddie Blacker is BIG, but what is he like in defence and quick movement for sustained periods when it comes to line defence ?

Actually Jacob Host has shown more promise to the above criteria and he is branded as going to Souths.

In other words we need BIG & MOBILE forwards like Penrith, Rorters Canberra and Melbourne? Oh yeah they are all top 4 sides.

SaintPauli

Juniors
After that poor showing from our forward pack, I'd "drop"Vaughn, Kerr, frizzle, ford. Bring in
All our Upcomers. That was the worst
Team effort I've seen from a St George side. Seeing lot's of teams
Since 1950's.
It's a disgrace...
That this team, is allowed to wear the :red_circle:Red V..
BBTB what young forwards does this club have? Possible Blacker? otherwise we are thin in forward junior stocks unlike our backs who have shown more guts than our big boys.

SaintPauli

Juniors
Givebig Eddie Blacker the run on jumper and tell him to run straight and hard at Cameron Smith every time.
Then interchange him after 20 and bring Jeremy Latimore back so he can smack Cameron Smith in the Jatts Crackers one last time.
I was at that game and could not stop watching the replay. Funny Smith was quiet for the remainder of the game and even missed goals.

possm

Coach
BBTB what young forwards does this club have? Possible Blacker? otherwise we are thin in forward junior stocks unlike our backs who have shown more guts than our big boys.
Pathways have given us some good young backs for 2021 but dropped the ball when it comes to forwards, especially props.

Griffin know what to do and if he gets Brennan and Henry to assist him, we won't be in this position again in the foreseeable future.

Pathways need to continually assess thier potential squad and recruit juniors form other clubs to fill the gaps when it is clear we are short of candidates for a position.

redVinme

Juniors
Ford is our only forward with any leg speed. Can't tackle though.

Like it or not we need better coaching in the wrestle. Not just for holding them down but for learning how to get to feet quicker there is an art to it and we don't have it

LINESPEED

Juniors
Pathways have given us some good young backs for 2021 but dropped the ball when it comes to forwards, especially props.

Griffin know what to do and if he gets Brennan and Henry to assist him, we won't be in this position again in the foreseeable future.

Pathways need to continually assess thier potential squad and recruit juniors form other clubs to fill the gaps when it is clear we are short of candidates for a position.

And FMD Possm we used to be the best nursery for forwards in the NRL until McDullard was parachuted in by the Gordons

This Year?

Immortal
If Blacker gets a game I would expect him to cop some very heavy punishment from the Storm pack.
I personally would not throw him in against their pack where he would likely be found out, especially with it being our final game.
He got found out in our 2nd trial which showed he wasn't ready. Sadly he got no game time against bottom 8 sides to work on his game either, so I don't know how he is going to improve.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
He got found out in our 2nd trial which showed he wasn't ready. Sadly he got no game time against bottom 8 sides to work on his game either, so I don't know how he is going to improve.
He probably isn’t quite ready, but that one trial he played bad in, maybe he just had a bad day at the office? We can’t hold it against him forever. I actually think it would do him good, although also kind of unfair on him. He will get a run against a top team, if he holds his own he will gain confidence if he doesn’t Griffin will get a look at him just before pre season to give him some things to work on.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Eddie is a long way off 1st grade, a very long way.

To throw him in against the Storm, which may yet happen, would of course get him some experience, however, it would sadly diminish his confidence. And, without doubt, the forum would call for his immediate release.

st.phil

Bench
Eddie is a long way off 1st grade, a very long way.

To throw him in against the Storm, which may yet happen, would of course get him some experience, however, it would sadly diminish his confidence. And, without doubt, the forum would call for his immediate release.
more or less ready than Ellis?