What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'd actually love to have Bevan French back - we lack genuine speed, and he has it in boatloads.

Plus, he is quite skilful, and an Eels boy, to boot.

Make it happen, O'Neill!

Mr Parramatta

Juniors
What was the penalty had he contested and lost ?
Does it matter? this is not just exclusive to Juniors case, it just shits me that we have NO voice in this club, I understand there is a fine line, in saying that we have never come close to it, Im just sick and tired of the team being targeted by officials more often than not, recklessly at times...and seeing Brad come out with the same tripe week in week out is disheartening and fills me with no hope for the future ...I’m guessing u disagree? I also know that there are people on here who will defend the indefensible and always have. I may be a new poster, though a follower for 15 years and have noticed many good people have left due to certain individuals who get very nasty and personal with people the disagree with, and think they have the right of passage to continue on that path, people can disagree with what I say, just show a little class in doing so!! no need to bully.

Last edited:

Avenger

Immortal
Does it matter? this is not just exclusive to Juniors case, it just shits me that we have NO voice in this club, I understand there is a fine line, in saying that we have never come close to it, Im just sick and tired of being targeted by officials more often than not, recklessly at times I might add and our limp coach still as mute as ever....I’m guessing u disagree? I also know that there are people on here who will defend the indefensible and always have. I may be a new poster, though a follower for 15 years and have noticed many good people have left due to certain individuals who get very nasty and personal, and think they have the right of passage to continue on that path, people can disagree with what I say, just show a little class in doing so!! no need to bully.
Who’s bullying you? I actually agree with you, we should have contested it but I wasn’t sure what the penalty was had he lost. If it was two weeks than I would have taken an early plea but seeing it’s one why now risk taking carry over points in a semi final, which we have. I think he takes 75 points whereby a fart could have him missing a crucial semi or even GF.

Mr Parramatta

Juniors
Who’s bullying you? I actually agree with you, we should have contested it but I wasn’t sure what the penalty was had he lost. If it was two weeks than I would have taken an early plea but seeing it’s one why now risk taking carry over points in a semi final, which we have. I think he takes 75 points whereby a fart could have him missing a crucial semi or even GF.

I understand your point in regards to this case, though I do believe most other clubs and coaches would not have taken it on the chin like we always do, maybe if we showed a little backbone we wouldn’t be having this conversation. As for the bullies on here there are a good half dozen on here, the rest seem pretty decent, all good mate, have a good one!

Avenger

Immortal
I understand your point in regards to this case, though I do believe most other clubs and coaches would not have taken it on the chin like we always do, maybe if we showed a little backbone we wouldn’t be having this conversation. As for the bullies on here there are a good half dozen on here, the rest seem pretty decent, all good mate, have a good one!
Gaz and Pou are harmless. Half the time Gaz is on the wacky tobacky and Pou uses circular logic to argue almost any point. He does the devils advocate argument almost all the time too but it keeps the forum moving.

The other potential bully, HJ talks bugger all about footy because Hayne is now no longer with us and he is all grown up and into conspiracy theories.

Emjaycee knows his shit too and I suspect is good mates with our coach because he can do no wrong.

I’m originally from the Balkans and can’t help going off and saying sorry later. It’s what we do.

84 Baby

Referee
Gaz and Pou are harmless. Half the time Gaz is on the wacky tobacky and Pou uses circular logic to argue almost any point. He does the devils advocate argument almost all the time too but it keeps the forum moving.

The other potential bully, HJ talks bugger all about footy because Hayne is now no longer with us and he is all grown up and into conspiracy theories.

Emjaycee knows his shit too and I suspect is good mates with our coach because he can do no wrong.

I’m originally from the Balkans and can’t help going off and saying sorry later. It’s what we do.
Disagreeing with one’s opinion = bullying.
Calling Gary a bonghead and HJ a nutbag is fine though.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
@Mr Parramatta. You have called BA chicken shit and weak as piss, you generally and aggressively denigrate the team and staff at any opportunity, then ask for others to show some class when disagreeing with you and throw out the bullying card. I get you are passionate, and frustrated, we all are, but there's more than one way to skin a cat.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I validate you.

Gronk

Staff member
Bevan French 2020 highlights

He would make a fine fullback, imo.

Bring him home!

Maybe if there is a swap deal for Moses and Ofahengaue and if Gutho wanted to play 6.

But as many have said before, you only do these deals if you think that

1. French
6. Gutho
7. Brown

is better than

1. Gutho
6. Brown
7. Moses

Eelementary

Post Whore
People used to say Bevan was too small.

According to Wikipedia:

Dylan Edwards 183cm 93kg
Ryan Papenhuyzen 181cm 80kg
Charnze Nicoll-Klokstadt 182 cm 94kg
Bevan French 181cm 86kg

Bring him back home, O'Neill!

Eelementary

Post Whore
Maybe if there is a swap deal for Moses and Ofahengaue and if Gutho wanted to play 6.

But as many have said before, you only do these deals if you think that

1. French
6. Gutho
7. Brown

is better than

1. Gutho
6. Brown
7. Moses

Gutho is a fantastic fullback - but what French brings is game-winning speed.

French is also very skilful - his highlights package shows he has a nice dummy, a step, a kicking game, and a passing game.

Obviously, French would not be as strong in the collision as Gutherson - but his speed would make him a weapon.

I'm happy to keep Moses, but I would love Bevan French back at the Eels.

Oscarman

Juniors
Other clubs don't have to contest pissweak charges like Junior's as they don't f**king get charged with them. Watch us get Perenara again this week and we will be penalised out of the game so Canberra finish 4th.

emjaycee

Coach

Our coach wouldn't know me if he tripped over my schlong (although i would hope he would at least buy me Cointreau afterwards).

I just support him while he is in the role and dont keep pushing a drug supporting cheat to replace him :cool:

Incorrect

Coach
I would be astounded if French came back to Parra any time soon. No info, but I just had this feeling there was some acrimony around his departure, BA obviously didn't consider him a good fit and didn't stand in his way and let him walk...

Latest posts