What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bunker Bullshit

Big Marn

Juniors
If this is the one your talking then my take on it was.....
Brisbane on attack 5m out. Dummy half goes to pass and Wighton reaches round from marker forcing dummy half to pass ball into ground. Ref called knock on Brisbane. Canberra feed. Brisbane use captains challenge saying Wighton played ball knocking it on. Video shows Wighton hit arm only so captains challenge unsuccessful. Then.... bunker ref pipes up saying Wighton was offside at marker and penalty Brisbane. Onfield ref says captains challenge can’t be used to determine offsides. Then there a bit of a delay while refs discuss etc etc. Decision to go with Canberra feed stands. Confused yet???
but i think they still kept their challenge right? thats what was confusing to me.

Penrose_11

Juniors
but i think they still kept their challenge right? thats what was confusing to me.
Brisbane challenged that they didn’t knock it on which he didn’t. Wighton hit arm and ball fell to ground in backwards direction and Canberra dived on it first taking possession. So i guess Brisbane’s challenge is correct hence they didn’t lose it. Article on Fox Sports NRL explains it nicely but i can’t attach it

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Perenara has his Newcastle strip on in the bunker today, ball clearly a metre forward for one try and he says no evidence to overturn, then when it comes to going up as a no try he can find the evidence to overturn, when the ball is knocked into Parker

Big Marn

Juniors
I think Annesley needs to fall on his sword. This is the second week in a row his response to a bunker f**kup has been vague as hell. He accepted the Collins no try call was wrong then wanked on about bunker issues but didn't call Maxwell out at all.
If Beau Scott was the one who said it was a try and got overruled by Maxwell then it confirms what we all knew. Maxwell has been bad for years and needs to go, but Annesley is going on about bunker process changes that we don't need to know about. There's a complete lack of trust in the bunker personnel and he has done little to alleviate those concerns.

Benek

Juniors
Warriors get a dud call once again:

“There were 66 Bunker decisions (over the round) and I think this is the only one across the weekend that I could narrow down and say with absolute certainty that I think this is wrong,” he said.

Annesley referring to the Pompey "tackle in the air" pentaly and then incorrect ruling after captains challenge.