What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gazzamatta

Coach
Or.....we contest it and lose, and then miss out of the top 4 and then the club get blamed for their stupidity.
Or Jnr throws an innocuous arm out on a falling Tigpie player, earns a minimal points penalty and misses the semi final due to his carry over points.
Nothing is certain. The coach said it should not have even been a penalty. Every media person said it was ridiculous.
Our club, coach or whoever dosent believe we can win without Junior.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Or Jnr throws an innocuous arm out on a falling Tigpie player, earns a minimal points penalty and misses the semi final due to his carry over points.
Nothing is certain. The coach said it should not have even been a penalty. Every media person said it was ridiculous.
I tend to agree with them. Junior is the focal point of our attack.

Last edited:

Well, this is the thinking of the NRL's head of football, and if that was replicated by the judiciary Jnr would have a tough time.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sp...n/news-story/88d13248a92175fe4079730d712a0e69

And we can't do without our 5/8th in a game such as this.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade

T.S Quint

Coach
I think we have contested 1 charge in about 5 years. And we wonder why they keep hitting us with these BS charges???

And what happened when we contested it?
I can’t remember who it was that was charged or what he did, but I remember it being a bullshit charge, so we decided to fight it and he was still found guilty.

It’s no wonder they don’t want to take a chance going up against the judiciary.

hindy111

Post Whore
I like Kahu....

I still think Cartwright if scored for maybe 200-220k is worth a punt. If BA can get some aggression into his game he would be a perfect replacement for LANE who could move to the middle....
At worse he becomes 18th man. Low risk high reward.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I like Kahu....

I still think Cartwright if scored for maybe 200-220k is worth a punt. If BA can get some aggression into his game he would be a perfect replacement for LANE who could move to the middle....
At worse he becomes 18th man. Low risk high reward.

we are potentially losing our 2 edge back ups in Taka / Davey, so we may need to look for someone.

However $200k is probably to much for a player that isn’t even guaranteed to be “mentally” up to/ hasn’t proved he is willing to put in.

But I do think Cartwright is a good option but on a cheaper deal. Danny Weidler suggested this morning on BSB he understands he probably looking at a minimum contract somewhere. Now that wouId be a good deal.

Glenneel

Bench
https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/s...l/news-story/fe61620e71c79af4b63309218fa495db

We dodged a massive bullet when we sold his useless arse to the Dragons.

I actually think Moses could be next to go because at the time BA wasn’t fussed if both or either went. Moses was close to joining the Broncos but Bennett at the time didn’t rate him.

If he fizzles in this final series and we go out with a whimper I reckon there will be whispers of an early departure.

Gut feel.

Edit: There has been plenty of dialogue with his dip in form lately. Sterling, Cronk and Ennis to name a few.
If true I'd go hard for Burton. If still on contract Penrith could be agreeable to let him go considering form of Luai.

Gronk

Staff member
Hes got skills coming out of his arse and was poorly used here, so why would he return. BA obviously doesn't rate him.
Bevan French's failure to have a long career in the NRL is BA's fault ?

tenor.gif

hybrideel

Bench
Hes got skills coming out of his arse and was poorly used here, so why would he return. BA obviously doesn't rate him.
He wasn't poorly used, it seemed as though BA thought his defence was too ordinary for fullback, and he refused to take the hard carries as a winger.
Also add that it looked as though he had a dummy spit when he was put out on the wing (the sharks game in 2018 i think where he was pushed to wing when Hayne came in at fullback) and i'm not surprised that BA had no issues in letting him go.

Gronk

Staff member
He wasn't poorly used, it seemed as though BA thought his defence was too ordinary for fullback, and he refused to take the hard carries as a winger.
Also add that it looked as though he had a dummy spit when he was put out on the wing (the sharks game in 2018 i think where he was pushed to wing when Hayne came in at fullback) and i'm not surprised that BA had no issues in letting him go.

I saw a bit of him for Wenty and he was too good for that grade. Hence why he has performed well in Super League. I know that BA gives his players stuff to work on and when they meet their benchmarks they get rewarded. There are umpteen young kids who have been given opportunities because they have put in the hard work and French clearly was unable to fix his.

Latest posts