What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

WA Tiger

Bench
Does anyone have any control over Silverdale on here?

He’s been active on our forum around trying to tell us we should be playing our SOO half back at fullback.

I understand everyone is entitled to there opinion, but there is a line.

Is someone here capable of telling him to pull his head in?
I don’t know if we do . I’ll try
Silverdale WTF

WA Tiger

Bench
Expect the Broncos to roll out the red carpet, they have been suspiciously quiet this whole time and have money to spend since losing Fifita. Dont be fooled by whats happened up there this year, they are a power house club owned by News Ltd, Harry is from QLD and they need a hooker.
Like when Isaak Luke turned up at the Broncos earlier on this season.. ...He was ecstatic and beaming His father was so proud of him..They had always seen Luke joining the broncos as a dream ..I had to laugh ..It is a powerful club but no one knows what makes Harry tick ...he could stay

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Does anyone have any control over Silverdale on here?

He’s been active on our forum around trying to tell us we should be playing our SOO half back at fullback.

I understand everyone is entitled to there opinion, but there is a line.

Is someone here capable of telling him to pull his head in?
Suggest everyone uses the ignore function with trolls. It's what I do here and it makes life much more bearable.

Suggest everyone uses the ignore function with trolls. It's what I do here and it makes life much more bearable.

I’m not a troll.

All I did was suggest Edwards was stock ( compared to Gutho. Turd and CHN ) and Chin would make a good fullback.

I think there’s a lot merit in Chin going to fullback. He can do a lot.

I didn’t shoot Santa, not even the traditional smack in the chops for lyin Ivan.

Harry will go probably go back for the year and then I’d say he will come back.

All going to plan, on/by start of 2022 we will have the start of a side on its way and I’d think he might want to be part of that.

I don’t think Madge has lost too many players over the years he didn’t want to keep. No stampede from Souths under his command.

Those players of ours whinging about Madge, I’ll drive them home myself.

Tiger05

First Grade
I hope we get JAC on fair dollars and without drama but if not we will have money for other players.

Tiger05

First Grade
Buying "other players" is precisely what's kept us anchored in the bottom half....If we lose him over a couple of hundred k then we deserve the misery to go on.

I reckon the opposite. It's players like Reynolds and Packer who aren't first graders who we are paying as stars that are the issue.

I want to get him too. He isn't like those two.

Das Hassler

Bench
When was the last time we signed a CURRENT gamebreaking rep player when one became available ?? JAC IS one such player. ....paying him so called FB money is a no brainer regardless of whether he plays there or on the wing.

Tigerm

First Grade
When was the last time we signed a CURRENT gamebreaking rep player when one became available ?? JAC IS one such player. ....paying him so called FB money is a no brainer regardless of whether he plays there or on the wing.
I don't know what he wants, but we offered an untried (at FB) centre, top FB money (1$m) and he knocked us back.

What is getting into the top 8 worth to us?

Look what he did to us last game? Though there FB (can't remember his name) was pretty good as well.

Tigerm

First Grade
This is interesting, if true.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...y/news-story/08444b481dbd01e8e53c4be36f4420d5

Wests Tigers should be Sydney’s NRL giants but they’re lightweights. Because of this flawed strategy

Extract
To identify the cause of their failure one must look at their roster strategy.

Across the last three seasons, the Tigers have had the highest average of squad experience. Their 2018 (2289 caps), 2019 (2534 caps) and 2020 (2383) lists were loaded with expensive imports.

The problem with buying experience? You are paying Josh Reynolds, Moses Mbye, Joseph Leilua, Chris McQueen and Russell Packer for what they have done, not what they will do.

Premiership-winning rosters of the past 30 years show 1900 caps is the sweet spot for experience. The 1992 Brisbane Broncos squad had just 1538 games of experience. Yet the Tigers persevere with their strategy of buying big reputations at the cost of losing talented rookies.

Tiger05

First Grade

What does this mean though ? Do we pay him $1 million per season ? Is he worth as much as Ponga, Tedesco, RTS or Tommy Turbo ? Would a top club pay him that amount of money ?

I want him here but I think the club has to have some sort of boundaries in these situations. In my opinion the club following a calm structured approach is the way to get ahead. That doesn't mean we don't get JAC. We just don't do stupid stuff.

Tiger05

First Grade
The problem with buying experience? You are paying Josh Reynolds, Moses Mbye, Joseph Leilua, Chris McQueen and Russell Packer for what they have done, not what they will do.

This is my point in relation to why we are screwed. I think BJ and Mbye can contribute to the team but they require a fair bit of work to get them to perform close to their salaries. The other guys aren't really first grade quality. Packer has moments of quality.

I'm less worried about missing out on players than I am in relation to signing overpaid duds.

I'd state it's even worse in relation to some of our signings. We've signed these guys to be better than what they have previously shown. We could do the same thing with JAC if we sign him on fullback money and he doesn't perform to that level. I don't care if we pay him $1million a season to play on the wing and we win the comp because he kills it.