What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eddie Blacker ...one to watch

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Eddie is a long way off 1st grade, a very long way.

To throw him in against the Storm, which may yet happen, would of course get him some experience, however, it would sadly diminish his confidence. And, without doubt, the forum would call for his immediate release.
I doubt it at this stage we will call for his head. We all should be aware that we have a new coach coming and should reserve judgement until then.

possm

Coach
I doubt it at this stage we will call for his head. We all should be aware that we have a new coach coming and should reserve judgement until then.
Blacker should be retained as I believe he will come good under Griffin as coach. No doubt Blacker and Kerr will spend time in CC if they don't get fit and improve their intensity. But they would be on base salary and at that price are worth keeping. Griffin will know what he can get out of Ellis and will decide accordingly.

But there is no doubt we need to bring in two top grade, hard nosed props and a first grade edge forward for 2021. If we can afford it, I'd bring in 3 of these props and let go Ellis.

rasaint

Juniors
Interesting posts.

The 1st time I saw Timm play I thought ‘ this guy is hard and has that toughness about him’. In fact I thought he would be 1st up NRL selection. It never happened. Some posters said he was slow in defence etc. Speculation that he upset someone. Tell you what I liked what I saw and about 110kg from memory.

Anyway, for whatever reason he never got a shot.

Wittenberg

Juniors
Interesting posts.

The 1st time I saw Timm play I thought ‘ this guy is hard and has that toughness about him’. In fact I thought he would be 1st up NRL selection. It never happened. Some posters said he was slow in defence etc. Speculation that he upset someone. Tell you what I liked what I saw and about 110kg from memory.

Has Timm been given a shot anywhere?

Mjab

Juniors
Timm playing with the red cliff dolphins in Qld cup

is he any good I haven’t actually seen him play

redVinme

Juniors
Interesting posts.

Shannon wakeman was the same.

possm

Coach
Gordon's are big thorn
In our side.... Need to be gone.. ASAP.
It is all the Illawarra Steeler's fault!
  • Spit from St George to from their own Club and failed miserably despite having one of the best nurseries in the competition.
  • Joined with St George to save their bacon.
  • Failed to meet their financial responsibilities and so, was bailed out by WIN/Gordons who now base much of their decisions on the wants of Illawarra power brokers.
I'm hoping that with Webb and Griffin on board, positive change will occur and decisions will be made in the best interests of the club rather than the whims of people who only have self interest in mind.

BBTB

Juniors
Yes, we need get those Gordon's out of our Great St George club......
They have bad intention's.
Have not spent a dollar.
Split ASAP....

George Sancti

Juniors
  • Spit from St George to from their own Club and failed miserably despite having one of the best nurseries in the competition.
  • Failed to meet their financial responsibilities and so, was bailed out by WIN/Gordons who now base much of their decisions on the wants of Illawarra power brokers.
I'm hoping that with Webb and Griffin on board, positive change will occur and decisions will be made in the best interests of the club rather than the whims of people who only have self interest in mind.

Possm, I agree with all of your points.

However, I see the day when small local area teams (Souths and Easts included) will be replaced by larger regional teams as was the Super League concept. Keeping the Illawarra ensures St George’s survival well into the future.

Latest posts