What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

jak

Bench
Big rumour coming out after yesterday’s game at Newcastle

Corey Norman left separately from the team and reportedly had a meeting with Adam O Brien at the Knights

Norman reportedly will be dropped from the final game of the yr and will be released to join Newcastle

Only a rumour though[/QUOTE
did adam o'brien hand him a brown paper bag?

Gareth67

First Grade
please wait till everyone else has left the church,concrete is only so strong.

:relaxed: Well your undoubtably right there Jak , but I will tell you something that is not as strong - the poor box . It had a hole in the bottom which I covered over with some good old P.K. chewing gum , just in case I needed to make a withdrawal sometime in the future .

Last edited:

Dragonsteve2

Juniors

Corey Norman left separately from the team and reportedly had a meeting with Adam O Brien at the Knights

Norman reportedly will be dropped from the final game of the yr and will be released to join Newcastle

Only a rumour though

I have not been as critical of Norman as most on the Forum. I certainly agree that his performances haven't warranted his salary rather than blaming him for many of our defeats. But after yesterday's performance I am joining the Sack Cory mob - what is the point of being experienced if you can't use that experience to play better?He had a few nice touches like his take on Ramsey's ball for his try but made some dreadful errors: dropping a simple pass early in the tackle count when the Dragons were already under pressure, putting the kick off over the dead ball line, racing out of the defence line to let in another Knights try but what had me screaming at the TV was the replay of the Knights' 2nd try, the one from a bomb. As the ball was coming down he was positioned under it but he made no effort to challenge for the ball, instead he ducked his head away from the collision thus taking himself out of the play.

This selecting of players based on what they are earning or their reputation rather than how they are playing must stop right now, even with only one round to go.

Gareth67

First Grade
I have not been as critical of Norman as most on the Forum. I certainly agree that his performances haven't warranted his salary rather than blaming him for many of our defeats. But after yesterday's performance I am joining the Sack Cory mob - what is the point of being experienced if you can't use that experience to play better?He had a few nice touches like his take on Ramsey's ball for his try but made some dreadful errors: dropping a simple pass early in the tackle count when the Dragons were already under pressure, putting the kick off over the dead ball line, racing out of the defence line to let in another Knights try but what had me screaming at the TV was the replay of the Knights' 2nd try, the one from a bomb. As the ball was coming down he was positioned under it but he made no effort to challenge for the ball, instead he ducked his head away from the collision thus taking himself out of the play.

This selecting of players based on what they are earning or their reputation rather than how they are playing must stop right now, even with only one round to go.

If only there was a crack in the ground - I would had pushed the beggar into it .

George Dragon

Juniors

Only a rumour though
Don't know about him getting dropped but none of the rest happened.
Norman was on the bus with the other players

Kilkenny

Coach

Only a rumour though

Good luck with his one?

No disrespect intended, but there is not a coach in the NRL who would be pursuing Corey Norman even allowing for the fact the Dragons would be prepared to chip in a large proportion of his contract.

Anthony Griffin and the Dragons are stuck with Corey Norman so better hope Griffin can get the best out of him, that is the reality.

Gareth67

First Grade
Good luck with his one?

No disrespect intended, but there is not a coach in the NRL who would be pursuing Corey Norman even allowing for the fact the Dragons would be prepared to chip in a large proportion of his contract.

Anthony Griffin and the Dragons are stuck with Corey Norman so better hope Griffin can get the best out of him, that is the reality.

Yes you are right about that Kilkenny . I am afraid that he will be there again next season.
The only motivation that I can see which may - and it’s a big may , is that Griffin points out to him that season 2021 will be his last paycheck - ever in the NRL .

He wil need to improve dramatically if he is to : -

A - Have other clubs interested in him for 2022 .

B - Hold his position in the top grade . If his form continues to be crap then Griffin will have no qualms about dropping him for good to the C.Cup and promoting one of the younger Dragons . (Griffin will have nothing whatsoever to lose if he does that .)

All I can say is that I will be glad to see the back of him .

jak

Bench
Yes you are right about that Kilkenny . I am afraid that he will be there again next season.
The only motivation that I can see which may - and it’s a big may , is that Griffin points out to him that season 2021 will be his last paycheck - ever in the NRL .

He wil need to improve dramatically if he is to : -

A - Have other clubs interested in him for 2022 .

B - Hold his position in the top grade . If his form continues to be crap then Griffin will have no qualms about dropping him for good to the C.Cup and promoting one of the younger Dragons . (Griffin will have nothing whatsoever to lose if he does that .)

All I can say is that I will be glad to see the back of him .
B

RedV Resurgence

Juniors

Only a rumour though

Newcastle don't need Norman, they have Tex Hoy coming through and he has lots of potential, just needs to fix his defence.

Latest posts