What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

TheRam

Coach
@Mr Parramatta. You have called BA chicken shit and weak as piss, you generally and aggressively denigrate the team and staff at any opportunity, then ask for others to show some class when disagreeing with you and throw out the bullying card. I get you are passionate, and frustrated, we all are, but there's more than one way to skin a cat.

Oh piss off you skinless merkin!

parra pete

Referee
Moses is the one to lead the Club out of the 'wilderness"; the only bloke with speed to 'part the opposition', and people on here want him, THE CHOSEN ONE - expelled. Go figure.
Next thing they'll be wanting Tony Williams back for Shaun Lane...
"You can please some of the people some of the time, and most of the people most of the time, but you can't please ALL of the people ALL of the time."
Why not show a bit of support to the Club and its players, instead of being pessimistic about what has been a fantastic season.
Some are never happy.......!!!!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Moses is the one to lead the Club out of the 'wilderness"; the only bloke with speed to 'part the opposition', and people on here want him, THE CHOSEN ONE - expelled. Go figure.
Next thing they'll be wanting Tony Williams back for Shaun Lane...
"You can please some of the people some of the time, and most of the people most of the time, but you can't please ALL of the people ALL of the time."
Why not show a bit of support to the Club and its players, instead of being pessimistic about what has been a fantastic season.
Some are never happy.......!!!!

Hallelujah brother

TheRam

Coach
People used to say Bevan was too small.

According to Wikipedia:

Dylan Edwards 183cm 93kg
Ryan Papenhuyzen 181cm 80kg
Charnze Nicoll-Klokstadt 182 cm 94kg
Bevan French 181cm 86kg

Bring him back home, O'Neill!

It wasn't that he is too small, it is that he didn't like the collision and he wasn't good at that thing called putting your body in front of a ball carrier and tackling him and he was found out fairly quickly in the NRL for it.

Oh and by the way when he was in the lower grades and still hadn't played NRL I wrote on here at the time that he reminded me of a slightly faster version of Reece Robinson and got howled down by a lot of you. So in the end who was right?

Now who's to say that he has mended that side of his game enough to handle the relentless power that comes at you in the NRL? He may have, but is he worth the risk of trading a player that has been Dally M halfback of the year as inconsistent as he can be for a player that has yet to prove he can even handle the NRL at all?

Remember also when his defensive game was exposed like a Portuguese chicken his confidence totally disappeared and then his running game also collapsed to plop.

Is he worth a shot? Sure, but for Parra at this stage of our evolution I would say no. I mean why would you take the risk of upsetting our best player and captain and moving him from his preferred position? A player who gives his all like no other in the NRL and if he continues on this way will probably go down as a Parra legend and one of the NRL's all time fittest and finest players for a at best 50-50 bet that the guy you replace him with can score a few more tries then him?

Also I believe that Gutho's lack of genuine speed and Moses loss of form are not the real issue here anyway. In my opinion the real issue here is our coach lacks genuine speed between the ears as an NRL level coach. He offers very little to our players other then effort, do the little things right, run hard, tackle hard and that's about it. I think someone like Moses in particular and Dillon probably in a year or two need a mentor that can make the subtle changes to his/their game that are necessary to make him/them consistent and a better all round player/players, but our current coach does not offer those skills.

I also believe it is better and easier to offload a coach that is middle of the road and replace him then it is to find a halfback with the skillset and abilities that both Moses and Dillon possess. There are coaches, hell even assistant coaches out there that are better then BA that we could and should acquire that could do a better job. In particular at mentoring our playmakers and coming up with variety and better game plans. That is our biggest problem, not so much our across the board out of form players.

They are collectively out of form for a reason. The coach has got it wrong somehow and needs to be able to correct it NOW! Did he get them to peak way to early or has he simply run out or ideas and isn't inspiring the boys enough to get them up anymore or both? Whatever the reason, I don't think this guy has the ability to change course and steer the ship off the rocks and into deep and clear water. We need changes at coaching level, not so much at player level.

TheRam

Coach
I reckon so. We've got a game remaining where a victory guarantees a Top 4 spot, and he's an important player. We'll never know. But my point is that it isn't a 'no brainer'. It's being discussed as if it is. If the Raiders had lost yesterday, then.....of course you'd challenge it.

Spoken like a fearful loser. That is the problem with the mentality of our club too.

Eelementary

Post Whore
It wasn't that he is too small, it is that he didn't like the collision and he wasn't good at that thing called putting your body in front of a ball carrier and tackling him and he was found out fairly quickly in the NRL for it.

Oh and by the way when he was in the lower grades and still hadn't played NRL I wrote on here at the time that he reminded me of a slightly faster version of Reece Robinson and got howled down by a lot of you. So in the end who was right?

Now who's to say that he has mended that side of his game enough to handle the relentless power that comes at you in the NRL? He may have, but is he worth the risk of trading a player that has been Dally M halfback of the year as inconsistent as he can be for a player that has yet to prove he can even handle the NRL at all?

Remember also when his defensive game was exposed like a Portuguese chicken his confidence totally disappeared and then his running game also collapsed to plop.

Is he worth a shot? Sure, but for Parra at this stage of our evolution I would say no. I mean why would you take the risk of upsetting our best player and captain and moving him from his preferred position? A player who gives his all like no other in the NRL and if he continues on this way will probably go down as a Parra legend and one of the NRL's all time fittest and finest players for a at best 50-50 bet that the guy you replace him with can score a few more tries then him?

Also I believe that Gutho's lack of genuine speed and Moses loss of form are not the real issue here anyway. In my opinion the real issue here is our coach lacks genuine speed between the ears as an NRL level coach. He offers very little to our players other then effort, do the little things right, run hard, tackle hard and that's about it. I think someone like Moses in particular and Dillon probably in a year or two need a mentor that can make the subtle changes to his/their game that are necessary to make him/them consistent and a better all round player/players, but our current coach does not offer those skills.

I also believe it is better and easier to offload a coach that is middle of the road and replace him then it is to find a halfback with the skillset and abilities that both Moses and Dillon possess. There are coaches, hell even assistant coaches out there that are better then BA that we could and should acquire that could do a better job. In particular at mentoring our playmakers and coming up with variety and better game plans. That is our biggest problem, not so much our across the board out of form players.

They are collectively out of form for a reason. The coach has got it wrong somehow and needs to be able to correct it NOW! Did he get them to peak way to early or has he simply run out or ideas and isn't inspiring the boys enough to get them up anymore or both? Whatever the reason, I don't think this guy has the ability to change course and steer the ship off the rocks and into deep and clear water. We need changes at coaching level, not so much at player level.

Fair points.

Bevan was a young man when he broke into First Grade, and despite having a good head on his shoulders, he probably did eventually succumb to a dummy spit when he didn't get his way.

He is now only 25 (I think), and one would reasonably assume that he has matured - especially being away from Australia.

Gutherson's lack of top end speed isn't the end of the world - but surely having a Parramatta junior, with speed to burn (as well as a whole other bag of tricks to rely on) return to add some attacking spark couldn't hurt?

As for the comparison to Robinson - neither player liked being in the collision, but the biggest difference between the two was that French has a lot more skill than Robinson; French is a very good fullback, but he can also slot into 5/8 quite easily.

84 Baby

Referee
Name and shame the lot of them! They deserve much scorn for outlandishly refuting your claim

TheRam

Coach
Fair points.

Bevan was a young man when he broke into First Grade, and despite having a good head on his shoulders, he probably did eventually succumb to a dummy spit when he didn't get his way.

He is now only 25 (I think), and one would reasonably assume that he has matured - especially being away from Australia.

Gutherson's lack of top end speed isn't the end of the world - but surely having a Parramatta junior, with speed to burn (as well as a whole other bag of tricks to rely on) return to add some attacking spark couldn't hurt?

As for the comparison to Robinson - neither player liked being in the collision, but the biggest difference between the two was that French has a lot more skill than Robinson; French is a very good fullback, but he can also slot into 5/8 quite easily.

Robinson also had skills and showed them when he played fullback at Canberra. But anyway we are splitting hairs, my point stands he would want to play either fullback or 5/8th and I don't believe he is worth upsetting the apple cart. He wouldn't be willing to come on minimal money and wait to prove himself first I don't think. So not worth it in my opinion.

We need to fix our coaching. Period.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Arthur brang in the greatest halfback of all time to mentor our players.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Arthur brang in the greatest halfback of all time to mentor our players.
You know that for a fact Poo? Arfurz plan was probably more one on one time with Murphy or to just try harder. Or maybe they just need to have one of those Post Review BA & MM chats and threaten to move him on again. Seemed to work last time.
I reckon Moses is a great player and his improved defence says to me that there is no attitude problem. His calf is fine so it can only be our attacking structure.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You know that for a fact Poo? Arfurz plan was probably more one on one time with Murphy or to just try harder. Or maybe they just need to have one of those Post Review BA & MM chats and threaten to move him on again. Seemed to work last time.
I reckon Moses is a great player and his improved defence says to me that there is no attitude problem. His calf is fine so it can only be our attacking structure.
In your opinion what has changed in our attacking structure between this year and last?