What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 Vs Bulldogs.

Jane Murray

Bench
Boys will be boys.

Attachments

• Screenshot 09_21_2020 13_48_45.png
    Screenshot 09_21_2020 13_48_45.png
    539.6 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot 09_21_2020 13_57_58.png
    Screenshot 09_21_2020 13_57_58.png
    198.9 KB · Views: 21

Kilkenny

Coach
Yes. Back the conditioning of the players. Players training workloads have been managed all year - this is no different. Its not like they'll be sitting around for 4 weeks doing f**k all.

Wish what you want for I guess. I respect your opinion. It is a mute point at the end of the day given we are not guaranteed of winning our 1 v 4 game so could have to play week two anyway.

If you are backing the conditioning of the players, why rest players who don't obviously require a rest other than for niggling injury.

I hope we are having this conversation leading into a Major Semi Final. At least we will have got there.

What happens thereafter who knows, who cares I guess, it will be for history to determine.

Kilkenny

Coach
Please give us more insights into the thinking of supercoaches Bellamy & Robinson. You've obviously a master of coaching tactics & strategy yourself.

Sorry to get narky, but you've carried on your argument through this thread to the point of issuing ultimatums. Just face the fact that others see the benefit of a week off for players now. You also assume we'll win week 1 & get a week off - that is no guarantee so you may end up missing the chance to give players a week off and usually tired players become injured players. Absolutely rest your key players from a "nothing" match amd keep your eyes on the bigger prize.
Not at all.

You and others clearly miss the only point I have tried to make.

I haven’t assumed at any time we will win week one, I have simply made the point if we do, and we have rested a lot of players against the Bulldogs we could potentially go into a Major Semi Final with key players who are underdone having only played one game in a month.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Not at all.

You and others clearly miss the only point I have tried to make.

I haven’t assumed at any time we will win week one, I have simply made the point if we do, and we have rested a lot of players against the Bulldogs we could potentially go into a Major Semi Final with key players who are underdone having only played one game in a month.
The counterpoint is Burton hasn't played in months, Kenny is passable at best at this point and Caleb isn't up to first grade let alone finals

Kilkenny

Coach
The counterpoint is Burton hasn't played in months, Kenny is passable at best at this point and Caleb isn't up to first grade let alone finals

Burton is the forgotten man, no doubt. Such a shame given his talent.

Kenny has been outstanding in each of his outings so not sure of your rating of passable.

Caleb Aekins has done his job whenever called upon what more do you want from a back up.

Kilkenny

Coach
Time for me to go to bed soon so in closing i agree 100% there is a benefit in resting certain players against the Bulldogs

I agree with Franklin the likes of JFH would probably benefit from rest give he is such an important member of our main 17

franklin2323

Immortal

Kenny aside. The others have missed plenty of footy and need a run just incase.

Bellamy used the words 'desperate' to get game time in a few guys. Burton and Whare I would put in that category.

A few like Martin I would say a desperate for a break

franklin2323

Immortal
Please give us more insights into the thinking of supercoaches Bellamy & Robinson. You've obviously a master of coaching tactics & strategy yourself.

Sorry to get narky, but you've carried on your argument through this thread to the point of issuing ultimatums. Just face the fact that others see the benefit of a week off for players now. You also assume we'll win week 1 & get a week off - that is no guarantee so you may end up missing the chance to give players a week off and usually tired players become injured players. Absolutely rest your key players from a "nothing" match amd keep your eyes on the bigger prize.

Martin has carried a shoulder for a chunk of the year. May an elbow. Mansour has a dodgy knee.

We get stage fright or something next week ( which Nathan said happened v Parra the other week) then we missed the chance to rest

WestyLife

First Grade
Again no mention whatsoever of my point?

Are you comfortable going into the Major Semi Final with half a dozen or more players (rested this week) who have only played one game in a month?

Please just a yes or not answer to this question?

What do you mean no mention of your point. I am directly responding to your concern and I'm saying I disagree with your assessment of the risk that having that time off will hurt the team. I did also say if this week was a top 8 team I could see more value in the game to force a contest and prepare but like the Cows game I don't see them getting that benefit.

There's always a chance I'm wrong and I mean no disrespect or anything.

Last edited:

Jane Murray

Bench
Kenny aside. The others have missed plenty of footy and need a run just incase.

Bellamy used the words 'desperate' to get game time in a few guys. Burton and Whare I would put in that category.

A few like Martin I would say a desperate for a break

Dean Whare should not be in the side fullstop. He needs to go at season end.

Abacus

Juniors
If you are backing the conditioning of the players, why rest players who
Can't believe I have to spell it out but you rest the players this week to avoid contact injuries. Given the Dogs season they'd be keen to finish on a high note and their energy may be to our detriment e.g.
  • a hip-drop tackle on JFH resulting in a few weeks off,
  • Edwards' hamstring pinging,
  • a bad concussion to a player (particularly either of Yeo or Api),
  • something random to Luai (who IMO has been our go-to) attacking player the last few weeks.
These are all risks of playing which can be removed through resting players against the Dogs. These rested players are then much more likely to be available for the team to be (hopefully) full strength for the first final.

betcats

Referee
Nothing game tbh, no doubt someone will be rested. I don’t even care about winning this week it might be a good time to drop one.

Jane Murray

Bench
He is our 3rd best centre right now. Our next back to be called in should injury happen... Next year is next year

Has Whare played many games this year? No. Was Whare apart of the winning streak? No. He is aging, and injury prone. The only upside with his injury is it allowed Stephen Crichton, and Brent Naden, to take ownership of the centre positions.

betcats

Referee
Has Whare played many games this year? No. Was Whare apart of the winning streak? No. He is aging, and injury prone. The only upside with his injury is it allowed Stephen Crichton, and Brent Naden, to take ownership of the centre positions.

Id be happy to give Whare a run this week and give Sauce a rest, push Nado onto the left wing for a week.

AlbertRoss

Juniors
Roll on 4 o'clock, then all this repetitive speculation ceases. Mind you, the selection post-mortem will commence.

The_Frog

First Grade
So the half a dozen players or more rested as suggested by some will have played one game in a month? Is that a good thing or is it a major risk.
This is exactly what our 1991 side did. Roosters Aug 25, Bears Sep 8, Raiders Sep 22. It took a while to click into gear in the GF though.

The Teach

Juniors
Not sure if anyone saw 100% Footy last night. Ivan was on and was asked if he would rest players this week. He didn't want to answer but conceded there were a few players with niggles who they would be looking to rest. No names mentioned but read into that what you will.