What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blade23

Juniors
Thanks again for the info mate. And unrelated to signings etc but are you able to make any comment on the current rumours about a female staff member being let go relating to a COVID breach? I understand if you can’t touch this.

I spoke to someone yesterday who denied it. There is no way the integrity our medical staff would behave in an unethical manner.
The rumour has been around for a few weeks. The jounos have been aware of it and have had little interest in it. There is a reason a certain poster is pushing the rumour and the person who fed him the story, but I won't get into it on here.
Poor taste by him, to throw dirt to a club post celebrating the acheivement of the Minor Premiership.
I will not share the story or comment on who it was about.

Blade23

Juniors
Signing update.

As repeatedly said, Crichton is a done deal. Only a few clauses holding up things. Should be done soon.

None of the clubs know the salary cap for 2022 or 2023. Which affects some contracts moving forward. Some managers are trying to negotiate for percentages increases should the cap be higher in the future. Other like to push for bonus clauses should players make rep teams.

Talk is next years cap might be either 5 or 10% less.

As reported May has agreed to stay for at least another year.

I said a little while ago Luai is close to a new deal, and it shouldn't be far off. Talks for Spencer and Burton are promising.

The club hopes to have most of the ones they want to keep done by November 1. If not signed up at least agreed till final contracts can be finalised.

We are looking for a quality back. Quite open at the moment, either centre or wing.
Could be for next year or 2022. What happens with Mansour, Naden, Whare, Hetherington and Staines will have effect on what we do.

With Tamou's confirmed departure expect the club to look for an experienced middle to compliment the pack. If Hetherington goes they might spend a bit more.

Like last year with a few of the clubs changing coaches there will be roster adjustments. Don't be surprised if we wait a little to see what comes onto the market.

franklin2323

Immortal
Signing update.

As repeatedly said, Crichton is a done deal. Only a few clauses holding up things. Should be done soon.

None of the clubs know the salary cap for 2022 or 2023. Which affects some contracts moving forward. Some managers are trying to negotiate for percentages increases should the cap be higher in the future. Other like to push for bonus clauses should players make rep teams.

I said a little while ago Luai is close to a new deal, and it shouldn't be far off. Talks for Spencer and Burton are promising.

The club hopes to have most of the ones they want to keep done by November 1. If not signed up at least agreed till final contracts can be finalised.

We are looking for a quality back. Quite open at the moment, either centre or wing.
Could be for next year or 2022. What happens with Mansour, Naden, Whare, Hetherington and Staines will have effect on what we do.

With Tamou's confirmed departure expect the club to look for an experienced middle to compliment the pack. If Hetherington goes they might spend a bit more.

Like last year with a few of the clubs changing coaches there will be roster adjustments. Don't be surprised if we wait a little to see what comes onto the market.

So Naden is as good as gone? One of the juniors is adament he is going

Jane Murray

Bench
I spoke to someone yesterday who denied it. There is no way the integrity our medical staff would behave in an unethical manner.
The rumour has been around for a few weeks. The jounos have been aware of it and have had little interest in it. There is a reason a certain poster is pushing the rumour and the person who fed him the story, but I won't get into it on here.
Poor taste by him, to throw dirt to a club post celebrating the acheivement of the Minor Premiership.

Was, or is, that person employed by the club?

BxTom

Bench
Yes, I accused that poster of being a certain member of the media some time ago. If they are not that person, they are very close to them. That poster is always subtly undermining the club whilst posing as a concerned fan.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Signing update.

Is the club attempting to stall problems that occured when Gould re-signed played on significant contracts and the cap came in quite a bit lower and caused I'm sure more than a few issues.

I think the cap came in 500,000 lower than expected.

when will the monetary value of the cap be revealed ?

Blade23

Juniors
Is the club attempting to stall problems that occured when Gould re-signed played on significant contracts and the cap came in quite a bit lower and caused I'm sure more than a few issues.

I think the cap came in 500,000 lower than expected.

when will the monetary value of the cap be revealed ?

No, they moved on a few last year that eased some of the problems. That said it would make things easier if they weren't paying players at other clubs. There are still a few more unfortunately on the books which have made the club more careful about what they do.
The club is more value for money on players they bring in and re-sign. There are not cheapskates they offer fair deals. You still get managers trying to shake them down, as we saw with Staines. The club stuck to its guns on him and will avoid future problems.

I can't answer when the salary cap figures will be confirmed. The NRL and the RLPA continue to argue over it. Could be a week away, could be a month or 2 away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts