What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
Centre is a stepping stone to back row anyway, so it’d work.

But as I’ve said before I think he’d be crazy moving into the back row before his late twenties. He has the ability to be an elite half, why you’d give that up puzzles me.

Trying to fit all the pieces I guess. Easier to keep guys if they have give them a path to regular FG

Blade23

Juniors
@Blade23 Do you know if that DT top 100 highest paid players that said Jack Hetherington is on 400K is true? Because that's an absolutely ridiculous amount of money for a player not in our 17.

I was told he was on a 'healthy' amount but I don't know the exact specifics.
One of the ones extended for what they could become in the future.

Jane Murray

Bench
Reading between the lines it seems to be about keeping Staines. It has come out of nowhere, though.
Ivan did say, before this came out, that Charlie was offered a reasonable extension, so it is unlikely because of that. That said, if it is the case, then I hope Charlie hasn't been offered overs.

Id rather Naden. Staines looks to be a real concern injury wise.

They’re a bit of a concern, but it’s too early to know if it’ll be an ongoing problem.

It’s probably not just about Staines, though. It might help us keep Burton as well.

What’s clear is we’re going to have to lose some talent. Out of Staines, Burton, Naden & Laurie at least one will go. Maybe two.

Ivan did say, before this came out, that Charlie was offered a reasonable extension, so it is unlikely because of that. That said, if it is the case, then I hope Charlie hasn't been offered overs.

Yeah but if other clubs are chasing him hard we may have had to up the offer. It all depends on how they see his future value & place in the team. We’ve heard before that he’s been earmarked as the future FB.

franklin2323

Immortal
Yeah but Staines can play a spine position, that’s a huge difference. If they see him as the future FB it isn’t a surprise they’d work hard to keep him.

Naden was fullback in NYC. Was actually playing backrow when called up to the NRL. Also would be cheaper too but he is as good as gone to Storm

Tronald Crump

Juniors
I spoke to someone yesterday who denied it. There is no way the integrity our medical staff would behave in an unethical manner.
The rumour has been around for a few weeks. The jounos have been aware of it and have had little interest in it. There is a reason a certain poster is pushing the rumour and the person who fed him the story, but I won't get into it on here.
Poor taste by him, to throw dirt to a club post celebrating the acheivement of the Minor Premiership.
I will not share the story or comment on who it was about.

Not that I believe everything The Mole says, he did add last week it was from a troublemaker.

soc123_au

Staff member
Covers more positions too but from what I heard he is unsure he wants to stay
You would think most players would want to stay the way things are travelling. I do recall rumours a while ago that there were a few issues with him & the playing group. They do look a happy bunch at the moment though.

You would think most players would want to stay the way things are travelling. I do recall rumours a while ago that there were a few issues with him & the playing group. They do look a happy bunch at the moment though.

This often happens when teams become successful, it’s only been the Roosters & Storm that have really been able to hold squads together. Even then they’ve strategically let go some pretty good players.

Status
Not open for further replies.