What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
You would think most players would want to stay the way things are travelling. I do recall rumours a while ago that there were a few issues with him & the playing group. They do look a happy bunch at the moment though.

Most would but being down the pecking order doesn't help

franklin2323

Immortal
Doubt Naden will be cheap for long.

Staines has a legitimate shot of unseating Edwards at FB in the future, Naden doesn’t.

There is a better FB coming through the grades though. The way Edwards is improving he will keep his spot for a long time so no point paying overs to keep a back up.

That is the issue all these clubs buying talent drives the price up

There is a better FB coming through the grades though. The way Edwards is improving he will keep his spot for a long time so no point paying overs to keep a back up.

That is the issue all these clubs buying talent drives the price up

I know about Turuva, but you never know how they’ll handle FG until they get there.

Edwards has had a stellar season, but I don’t ever see him being a top echelon FB. If someone else comes along who can be a genuine star they’ll take his spot. But first Staines needs to play a couple of seasons on the wing.

Maybe the club feel they’ve got more options at centre than wing? Mcgrady can’t be far off a debut, also possibly Burton in the centres. I dunno

Last edited:
If I had to choose between Naden or Staines on the wing, I’d definitely go with Staines. But I can see the argument for Naden staying in the centres as well.

It was also reported earlier in the season that we were trying to move Whare on. Wouldn’t surprise me that’s not possible now. So maybe they feel they can’t have a 450k player riding the pine.

just spitballing

Let’s say Whare played next year in reserves. Plus we’re paying Blake & RCG to play elsewhere. That’d be around $1 million of our salary cap not in our FG team.

franklin2323

Immortal
I know about Turuva, but you never know how they’ll handle FG until they get there.

Edwards has had a stellar season, but I don’t ever see him being a top echelon FB. If someone else comes along who can be a genuine star they’ll take his spot. But first Staines needs to play a couple of seasons on the wing.

Maybe the club feel they’ve got more options at centre than wing? Mcgrady can’t be far off a debut, also possibly Burton in the centres. I dunno

No you don't but Staines, Whare and Naden are all here next season. So we are talking after a couple of pre seasons.

Also by then you are having to lock up Kikau etc. So all comes to how top heavy you want your squad. As long as we lock in To'o, Crichton etc then we can build around them

franklin2323

Immortal
If I had to choose between Naden or Staines on the wing, I’d definitely go with Staines. But I can see the argument for Naden staying in the centres as well.

It was also reported earlier in the season that we were trying to move Whare on. Wouldn’t surprise me that’s not possible now. So maybe they feel they can’t have a 450k player riding the pine.

just spitballing

Easier to find a winger than a centre.

age.s

First Grade
Naden has had a great season, but I wonder whether he'd be able to do it somewhere else. If he's going to the Storm then he should be ok, but if he ends up at a struggling club I couod see him regressing the the flawed rocks and diamonds player he'd been up to 2020.

Fangs

Coach
So if Naden was a Melbourne signing, that allows Addo-Carr to go to the Tigers.

Tommy Talau or Nofoaluma would be a good pick up. Though I highly doubt the Tigers will play ball with us (Even though Musgrove, Taylor and Blore are all in their 17 this week).

Other names: Kotoni Staggs. Dylan Walker. Tbh there aren't many 'centres' around these days. You just want another guy like Crichton who can play basically anywhere in the backline.

One unknown for me is Braydon McGrady. Shannon Harris is another.

franklin2323

Immortal

Tommy Talau or Nofoaluma would be a good pick up. Though I highly doubt the Tigers will play ball with us (Even though Musgrove, Taylor and Blore are all in their 17 this week).

Other names: Kotoni Staggs. Dylan Walker. Tbh there aren't many 'centres' around these days. You just want another guy like Crichton who can play basically anywhere in the backline.

We are in a transition stage really. Some gun juniors just starting out. In 12 months time the centre market will look so different

Original Name

Juniors
You would think most players would want to stay the way things are travelling. I do recall rumours a while ago that there were a few issues with him & the playing group. They do look a happy bunch at the moment though.
The players were ecstatic when he scored his first try.

Smug Panther

First Grade

Nofo is a Jimmy level defender

Abacus

Juniors

Rather than facilitating his move to the Tigers, & if we're looking for an outside back, wouldn't you try to "swap" Naden for JAC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts