What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Bandwagon

Staff member
Bevan lost out to Gutherson. Unsure why youd upset your best player to fit a guy like Bevan in tbh.....Guth week in week out is in our top 3.

Yeah, I don't get it.

It's f**king madness.

Let's replace our best performing player, who week in week out gives everything he's got, with a f**king pea heart who had a sook when moved to the wing and refused to f**king do shit because, well, he runs fast.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Yeh, thanks for the personal reference, absolutely called for....... Have you ever managed people or an organisation? Or do you just snipe at people who actually make decisions after they've made them? I take it that you think that this was a clear cut decision facing the club with no downside? I disagree, for the reasons stated above. That's all.

Shuddup looser!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
This year and last?

What about now and a few months back, you know, when we had scored more points and conceded the least in the comp.
But what changes did you notice in our structure? Or are you saying the structure didn't change but only our effectiveness?

T.S Quint

Coach
It would be cool if we won the comp in the year your boy was born.

We won the spoon in the year my first kid was born, but she missed it because she was born in the off season, so we went and won the spoon the next year as well. And then my second kid was born in 2018. You're welcome.

My first child was born the day before our last game of 2018. I watched us get flogged by the Roosters with her in my arms. I didn’t seem to mind the footy all that much at the time.

Just found out my second child will be born in March next year. Poor thing will have to see most of the season unfortunately.

emjaycee

Coach
My first child was born the day before our last game of 2018. I watched us get flogged by the Roosters with her in my arms. I didn’t seem to mind the footy all that much at the time.

Just found out my second child will be born in March next year. Poor thing will have to see most of the season unfortunately.
Congrats dude (although unless you are a late bloomer, I did have you pegged as someone approaching mid-life crisis age).

hindy111

Post Whore
Foran at 300k would be a handy option if moved Moses on.
Keep Salmon as back up and have 500k to spend elsewhere on money saved on Moses.
Would be great to move Fergo and MJ on. Fergo is on 500k amd I reckon MJ on about 250-300.
That would give 1.3 mill to freshen squad. Find a new wing option and centre.

Id actualy make a play for Burton and forget Foran. But I am open to moving Mitch on. Same goes for MJ and Blake

Bandwagon

Staff member
Foran's now just a busted older version of Drown, complete with no upside.

If you were looking to improve depth, and get a guy with experience to help develop your starting halves he'd be a good pick up, but you'd want him on backup money, You'd have to be fairly desperate to sign him on as a starting half.

IFR33K

Coach
Foran at 300k would be a handy option if moved Moses on.
Keep Salmon as back up and have 500k to spend elsewhere on money saved on Moses.
Would be great to move Fergo and MJ on. Fergo is on 500k amd I reckon MJ on about 250-300.
That would give 1.3 mill to freshen squad. Find a new wing option and centre.

Id actualy make a play for Burton and forget Foran. But I am open to moving Mitch on. Same goes for MJ and Blake

We only signed MJ this year. Can’t see us moving him on. Fergo is still going well, the problem lies inside of him...

Soto

Bench
Young Tonumaipea has knocked back a 2 yr contract with the Titans. Only 28 and can play fullback, wing and centre. Wouldn't cost the earth and a pretty good player.
Be a good signing

Glenneel

Bench
I saw a bit of him for Wenty and he was too good for that grade. Hence why he has performed well in Super League. I know that BA gives his players stuff to work on and when they meet their benchmarks they get rewarded. There are umpteen young kids who have been given opportunities because they have put in the hard work and French clearly was unable to fix his.
Parra spends a fortune on our juniors for very little reward. In the 7 years since BA has been at club how many juniors have made the NRL? Some with other clubs, so our identification of future NRL players has been extremely poor, but none comes to mind that have been great losses. Did Junior debut during BAs tenure? Matterson had to go elsewhere and then nobody, the well goes dry. Extremely poor spending by the club and Bevan French seems to have been a victim of the process. Imagine him in the Roosters, Panthers or Storm system.

Glenneel

Bench
Maybe @Glenneel prefers Bev on the wing over Fergo or Sivo. Or maybe Bev would be a better 5/8 than Dylan ...
Not sure where I'd like Bevan, he was tried at fb with mixed results, mostly bad. Bevan seemed to be trying too hard and making stupid errors at the time but maybe with maturity has improved, and his dummy spit was disappointing. All I'm saying is that I'm a fan of his, he's exciting to watch when in form and has a ridiculous skills set.

What I'm advocating now is a good fullback with elite speed and moving Gutho to centre able to roam around in attack acting as an additional half. Might upset the Ram but would give us more focal points in attack. Would certainly improve our attack and all good teams appear to have these fb's with speed, so our missing puzzle piece. However doubt BA would do that, he sticks with players despite their form or whats best for the team dynamics, so appears to have little imagination.

Glenneel

Bench
It would be cool if we won the comp in the year your boy was born.

We won the spoon in the year my first kid was born, but she missed it because she was born in the off season, so we went and won the spoon the next year as well. And then my second kid was born in 2018. You're welcome.
No more f**ken kids for you! Go get the snip, I'll supply the scissors.

Glenneel

Bench
Yeah he wouldn't get a game.
You don't know that but their systems appear to prepare players to be better. Matterson improved in Roosters system as did Flanaghan (and his goal kicking). And nearly all players improve in Storm system.

Latest posts