What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
You don't know that but their systems appear to prepare players to be better. Matterson improved in Roosters system as did Flanaghan (and his goal kicking). And nearly all players improve in Storm system.

Well you don't know that he would have flourished under those systems. How come he had to go to Super League to get a game after we made him a free agent ?

Eelementary

Post Whore
My first child was born the day before our last game of 2018. I watched us get flogged by the Roosters with her in my arms. I didn’t seem to mind the footy all that much at the time.

Just found out my second child will be born in March next year. Poor thing will have to see most of the season unfortunately.

Congratulations, mate!

T.S Quint

Coach
Congrats dude (although unless you are a late bloomer, I did have you pegged as someone approaching mid-life crisis age).

Just hit 40 this year so definitely a late bloomer.
I’ll be the one picking their kid up from school where the other parents can’t tell if I’m the dad or the granddad.

TheRam

Coach
Well you never know until you give them a shot.

I'm not bagging the appointment of A.Johns, I'm just saying that something just isn't right in our coaching structures and the evidence is there for all to see for a while now but it was temporarily disguised due to our at times stellar first 10 rounds of this season.

But since then we have gone back to our bad habits that have been plaguing us for many seasons no matter who has been in the squad. Yes our defense has improved somewhat due to a dogged focus on it by the coach and players, but it is hardly a ruthless and brick wall type of defense and often gets exposed when playing a team that is on their game in attack.

Add to that when we tried focusing on our attack just for a week, our defense totally collapsed. Wow, what the "F" is that all about? How the hell do players that are drilled in defensive patterns day in, day out for months on end just forget what should be mussel memory and instinctive by this stage when they don't focus on it for a week?

Talk about not being able to chew and walk at the same time. These guys are way to good to be this bad. Something is way off and I can only suggest it is the coaching. Something is a miss. We need an overhaul immediately. Hell I and many others here can see what a lot of our problems are and we have written about them too many times to mention. If the coach is for real and thinks that everything is basically ok and it is only a minor fix, then I say he is delusional. For starters if it were, he would have fixed it already.

If it doesn't happen in this off season, then I fear that next season we will be lucky to make the 8 let alone reach for the title. There are some really good assistants out there. The management need to do their homework and find out who are the best at what and hire accordingly. We as supporters can make suggestions by throwing up names that we hear here and there but it is the managements job and they have the contacts to vet and source the best.

I would suggest they work hard at getting the best man possible to work on our attacking structures. Someone that works well with halves, back rowers and centres in particular. I still can't get over and shake my head at how terrible and I mean TERRIBLE our back rowers are at anticipating and running lines with our play makers. They have no set calls out there. They should have at least a dozen of them. Mosses just runs around living in hope that he will find a hole or a runner who is actually in a position to run effectively, but rarely ever does. The defense just holds off and waits. We never challenge them and force them to make a decision. Why? I mean why? This should have been addressed months ago, when it was obvious what was happening or more correctly not happening.

Watching players like Waqa, Lane and Matterson in particular look lost and confused out there and just turning into battering rams is very upsetting from a Parra fan point of view. These 3 have so much to offer in attack and they are not getting the chance to show their true potential which I am sure would be very frustrating and just wearing them out over the long haul of the season. No wonder their games are beginning to suffer. This need to be fix quickly before it becomes a chronic problem with no solution.

So we need to pay what it takes and set up a football department that is the envy of the NRL. Be the Roosters in other words. It isn't anywhere near as hard as trying to sign the best players. We have the money and the club is now seen as stable and run by a very professional and savvy group of operators. We are one of the top 3 NRL clubs in the State if not the country. We have the best Stadium in the State to play in and watch footy from. We have a metropolis that is growing in business clout and opportunities and will only get bigger and better with more improved infrastructure and real estate projects. We are a very desirable destination now on many fronts.

So we have built it so now we must make sure that they come.

TheRam

Coach
Yeh, thanks for the personal reference, absolutely called for....... Have you ever managed people or an organisation? Or do you just snipe at people who actually make decisions after they've made them? I take it that you think that this was a clear cut decision facing the club with no downside? I disagree, for the reasons stated above. That's all.

I watched 360 the other night and they were talking about Stuart's ref attack on the weekend and they said that he is the type of guy that goes all out and sticks up for his players and knows what he is doing with his calculated shots at the refs so as to get them to fear the repercussions if they F the Raiders over, especially after last years GF.

Then they said and all agreed that you need to make some noise and challenge the establishment if you want to make them change and give you the rub of the green so to speak or nothing will ever change. That's just the way it works.

When was the last time our beloved coach did any of that? This incident with Junior was a line in the sand moment. He should of made so much noise in the media and challenged the refs and judiciary big time. The media were ALL on his side for this. There was not one analyst that did not think that it was a joke decision and that this is not what that rule was intended for. The pressure would of been massive for them to make the right call and the right call is the one that we ALL could see with our own two eyes. Not Guilty.

So what does our I see nothing, say nothing, make no waves coach do?

Nothing.

Incorrect

Coach
I watched 360 the other night and they were talking about Stuart's ref attack on the weekend and they said that he is the type of guy that goes all out and sticks up for his players and knows what he is doing with his calculated shots at the refs so as to get them to fear the repercussions if they F the Raiders over, especially after last years GF.

Then they said and all agreed that you need to make some noise and challenge the establishment if you want to make them change and give you the rub of the green so to speak or nothing will ever change. That's just the way it works.

When was the last time our beloved coach did any of that? This incident with Junior was a line in the sand moment. He should of made so much noise in the media and challenged the refs and judiciary big time. The media were ALL on his side for this. There was not one analyst that did not think that it was a joke decision and that this is not what that rule was intended for. The pressure would of been massive for them to make the right call and the right call is the one that we ALL could see with our own two eyes. Not Guilty.

So what does our I see nothing, say nothing, make no waves coach do?

Nothing.

They're all besties with Sticky and love pushing his barrow when they get the chance. Especially Crawley - he's infatuated with Sticky and would sniff his farts if he could.

Take everything they say about Stuart with several kilos of salt

eel01s

Bench
I'm not bagging the appointment of A.Johns, I'm just saying that something just isn't right in our coaching structures and the evidence is there for all to see for a while now but it was temporarily disguised due to our at times stellar first 10 rounds of this season.

But since then we have gone back to our bad habits that have been plaguing us for many seasons no matter who has been in the squad. Yes our defense has improved somewhat due to a dogged focus on it by the coach and players, but it is hardly a ruthless and brick wall type of defense and often gets exposed when playing a team that is on their game in attack.

Add to that when we tried focusing on our attack just for a week, our defense totally collapsed. Wow, what the "F" is that all about? How the hell do players that are drilled in defensive patterns day in, day out for months on end just forget what should be mussel memory and instinctive by this stage when they don't focus on it for a week?

Talk about not being able to chew and walk at the same time. These guys are way to good to be this bad. Something is way off and I can only suggest it is the coaching. Something is a miss. We need an overhaul immediately. Hell I and many others here can see what a lot of our problems are and we have written about them too many times to mention. If the coach is for real and thinks that everything is basically ok and it is only a minor fix, then I say he is delusional. For starters if it were, he would have fixed it already.

If it doesn't happen in this off season, then I fear that next season we will be lucky to make the 8 let alone reach for the title. There are some really good assistants out there. The management need to do their homework and find out who are the best at what and hire accordingly. We as supporters can make suggestions by throwing up names that we hear here and there but it is the managements job and they have the contacts to vet and source the best.

I would suggest they work hard at getting the best man possible to work on our attacking structures. Someone that works well with halves, back rowers and centres in particular. I still can't get over and shake my head at how terrible and I mean TERRIBLE our back rowers are at anticipating and running lines with our play makers. They have no set calls out there. They should have at least a dozen of them. Mosses just runs around living in hope that he will find a hole or a runner who is actually in a position to run effectively, but rarely ever does. The defense just holds off and waits. We never challenge them and force them to make a decision. Why? I mean why? This should have been addressed months ago, when it was obvious what was happening or more correctly not happening.

Watching players like Waqa, Lane and Matterson in particular look lost and confused out there and just turning into battering rams is very upsetting from a Parra fan point of view. These 3 have so much to offer in attack and they are not getting the chance to show their true potential which I am sure would be very frustrating and just wearing them out over the long haul of the season. No wonder their games are beginning to suffer. This need to be fix quickly before it becomes a chronic problem with no solution.

So we need to pay what it takes and set up a football department that is the envy of the NRL. Be the Roosters in other words. It isn't anywhere near as hard as trying to sign the best players. We have the money and the club is now seen as stable and run by a very professional and savvy group of operators. We are one of the top 3 NRL clubs in the State if not the country. We have the best Stadium in the State to play in and watch footy from. We have a metropolis that is growing in business clout and opportunities and will only get bigger and better with more improved infrastructure and real estate projects. We are a very desirable destination now on many fronts.

I agree with all of this. Good post Ram!

TheRam

Coach
It would be cool - I could tell the story to him, and hopefully turn him into an Eels fan!

It sucks about the timing of our spoons, and your little ones - but I guess someone had to carry that burden, and I can think of nobody more strong than you.

How hard is it to turn your kids into Parra fans really? Surely you just deck them out in Parra gear, make them sleep with a Parra ball in their bed. Take them to the games, introduce them to the players on fan days and so on. Just make it part of who you and they are from the very beginning so that their first thoughts of anything is that they are Parra kids and that is what they are ffs.

That's what any self respecting, manipulating Parra parent would do, right? What the hell is wrong with you all? What has the world come to if you can't brain wash you kids?

Eelementary

Post Whore
How hard is it to turn your kids into Parra fans really? Surely you just deck them out in Parra gear, make them sleep with a Parra ball in their bed. Take them to the games, introduce them to the players on fan days and so on. Just make it part of who you and they are from the very beginning so that their first thoughts of anything is that they are Parra kids and that is what they are ffs.

That's what any self respecting, manipulating Parra parent would do, right? What the hell is wrong with you all? What has the world come to if you can't brain wash you kids?

Lol nice, mate!

That's certainly the plan - we have already had a photo shoot, with me wearing an Eels jerseys and my son wearing an Eels onesie.

I have a mate who is a mad Storm supporter, and his little boy chose to go for the Titans...ouch.

TheRam

Coach
Not sure where I'd like Bevan, he was tried at fb with mixed results, mostly bad. Bevan seemed to be trying too hard and making stupid errors at the time but maybe with maturity has improved, and his dummy spit was disappointing. All I'm saying is that I'm a fan of his, he's exciting to watch when in form and has a ridiculous skills set.

What I'm advocating now is a good fullback with elite speed and moving Gutho to centre able to roam around in attack acting as an additional half. Might upset the Ram but would give us more focal points in attack. Would certainly improve our attack and all good teams appear to have these fb's with speed, so our missing puzzle piece. However doubt BA would do that, he sticks with players despite their form or whats best for the team dynamics, so appears to have little imagination.

The only real missing piece to our puzzle that I can see is a backup hooker.

The rest of our problems in this season is what our play makers aren't doing with our back rowers and centres at training and therefore it is so very evident during the game and the ordinary coaching they are receiving across the board.

TheRam

Coach
They're all besties with Sticky and love pushing his barrow when they get the chance. Especially Crawley - he's infatuated with Sticky and would sniff his farts if he could.

Take everything they say about Stuart with several kilos of salt

I get that, but in this instance their sentiments are right. The squeaky wheel gets the oil.

Gronk

Staff member
I watched 360 the other night and they were talking about Stuart's ref attack on the weekend and they said that he is the type of guy that goes all out and sticks up for his players

No he was very happy to blame our players when he coached us. Embarrassed a dozen of them with the famous whiteboard incident. When he went to Canberra was constantly complaining that he didn't have any origin players. Yeah rock solid.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...n/news-story/a83519fd3ca11dc4d59373c18da64171

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ri...rs-squad-not-good-enough-20140816-104tpg.html

TheRam

Coach
Lol nice, mate!

That's certainly the plan - we have already had a photo shoot, with me wearing an Eels jerseys and my son wearing an Eels onesie.

I have a mate who is a mad Storm supporter, and his little boy chose to go for the Titans...ouch.

What a loser, weak as piss manipulator parent he is. Can't even get his kid to follow one of the best two teams of the last what, 15+ years over one of the worst. :)

TheRam

Coach
No he was very happy to blame our players when he coached us. Embarrassed a dozen of them with the famous whiteboard incident. When he went to Canberra was constantly complaining that he didn't have any origin players. Yeah rock solid.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...n/news-story/a83519fd3ca11dc4d59373c18da64171

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ri...rs-squad-not-good-enough-20140816-104tpg.html

I didn't say that Stuart wasn't a whinny little merkin. But now that he has the players that he likes and can play well he will back them to the hilt. He is a born whinging merkin mate. We all know this from way back at the beginning of his career as a player. He cries if he doesn't get his way. But it works for him. People in the media call it passion.

The rest of us call it being a MERKIN!

gaffer

Juniors

I'd like to know what Kidwell actually does Or does he have photos of everyone at parra who has some power to hire and fire