What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

SAP58

Juniors
Add Hunt to that as well
We have tried to move Norman on but the only realistic chance I think is England as his lazy style will not be shown up as much there but no takers so far which is no surprise. I am holding out hope that Hook can improve Hunt considerably, he is a confidence player that totally lacks confidence at the moment & I don’t believe the former coaches ego suited Hunt. Time will tell.

Maddragon99

Juniors
We have tried to move Norman on but the only realistic chance I think is England as his lazy style will not be shown up as much there but no takers so far which is no surprise. I am holding out hope that Hook can improve Hunt considerably, he is a confidence player that totally lacks confidence at the moment & I don’t believe the former coaches ego suited Hunt. Time will tell.

Yes that’s true but I also hope he’s got the courage to drop him if his form isn’t up to scratch

TruSaint

Referee

You're right about Hunt being a confidence player, but lets be real. Since coming to us on good coin, he has had a handful of good games. Initially at 7 and then at 9.

My opinion on Norman is there for all to see. He is a luxury player that has no place in a side like ours, but to be fair, Hunt deserves a callout as well.

If Hook cant get either of them to click, then I would look at letting them go, IF there is a buyer out there for the money they are on.

Dragon David

First Grade
I'm really pi--ed off about Sailor. He wasn't given much of a go as far as I am concerned because of who were in front of him - Dufty, Widdop, Norman, Hunt. I think that with a bit more game time he would have given us value over the overpaid ones we have been disappointed with for the past couple of years.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
You're right about Hunt being a confidence player, but lets be real. Since coming to us on good coin, he has had a handful of good games. Initially at 7 and then at 9.

My opinion on Norman is there for all to see. He is a luxury player that has no place in a side like ours, but to be fair, Hunt deserves a callout as well.

If Hook cant get either of them to click, then I would look at letting them go, IF there is a buyer out there for the money they are on.
Every game he’s played at 7 we’ve lost this year. And considering he’s spent a large part of the year at 9 we are 10th in dummy half runs. Maybe with a few new props and game plan he will finally come of age. Not holding my breath though. To be quite honest I actually think Norman could be turned around easier. If given a job to just kick long and nothing else.

Gareth67

First Grade
Every game he’s played at 7 we’ve lost this year. And considering he’s spent a large part of the year at 9 we are 10th in dummy half runs. Maybe with a few new props and game plan he will finally come of age. Not holding my breath though. To be quite honest I actually think Norman could be turned around easier. If given a job to just kick long and nothing else.

Is this my post F.C.D. ? I do not recall writing it , plus the lingo used does not sound like me .

However after their recent games , both players had and must begin to play for the outrageous amount of money that was out-laid for them next season . No if’s or buts any longer about their performances , either they perform from day one next year or drop them both to the C.Cup competition for good .

I know one thing and that is that neither will ever find another NRL club to employ them on their constant sub par performances .

Griffin must look towards the future success of the Dragons and he can begin the process by clearing out the dead wood - regardless of who they may be .

Last edited:

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Is this my post F.C.D. ? I do not recall writing it , plus the lingo used does not sound like me .

However after their recent games , both players had and must begin to play for the outrageous amount of money that was out-laid for them next season . No if’s or buts any longer about their performances , either they perform from day one next year or drop them both to the C.Cup competition for good .

I know one thing and that is that neither will ever find another NRL club to employ them on their constant sub par performances .

Griffin must look towards the future success of the Dragons and he can begin the process by clearing out the dead wood - regardless of who they may be .
Norman we can ride out until Sullivan is ready. Hunt, I reckon our best hope is that Kevvie gets the Broncs job. He may pickup Hunt as a hooker if we pay part of his salary. Otherwise it’s looking like we have 1 million dollar a season CC player. And no I think trusaint posted it. I have no idea why it quoted you?

Reactions: jak

jak

Bench
Norman we can ride out until Sullivan is ready. Hunt, I reckon our best hope is that Kevvie gets the Broncs job. He may pickup Hunt as a hooker if we pay part of his salary. Otherwise it’s looking like we have 1 million dollar a season CC player. And no I think trusaint posted it. I have no idea why it quoted you?
that's the problem at every club now the size of your contract decides what grade you play, back in the days when you were not playing well you were dropped to reserve grade,you dont see much of that now other than injuries you can pick every clubs team week to week no need for a program.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
that's the problem at every club now the size of your contract decides what grade you play, back in the days when you were not playing well you were dropped to reserve grade,you dont see much of that now other than injuries you can pick every clubs team week to week no need for a program.
If Sullivan goes well, Hunt may very well find himself playing reserves imo. He needs to learn to game manage better. He should dominate reserves, if not he doesn’t play fg.

Reactions: jak

Latest posts