What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dump Norman For Sailor .

denis preston

First Grade
Sorry CC but disagree with this one. Hunt at least has a dig most times but when things go pear shaped so does he. Slim Shady is just a tosser on huge $$$ that rarely has a crack.
I think Hunt as a running 6 is worth a go and Clune at 7 until Sullivan is ready for 1st grade

On the basis that Norman is one more year at 850k rather than Hunts still 2 ( or 3 ? ) years at 1 mill ?

Mjab

Juniors
On the basis that Norman is one more year at 850k rather than Hunts still 2 ( or 3 ? ) years at 1 mill ?

there was a recent media report that he activated a player option extension not sure if that make it 5 now or 6 yrs total
realises he wont get offered that sort $$ again

Mjab

Juniors
Re Sailor
I suspect he is just excess to requirements and has either signed elswhere or is still unsigned to anybody
at this stage I dont think clubs will bust their arse to sign him quickly

If Hook had any viable plan for him im sure he would be given some go but looks like not, he may already have made up his mind on him

possm

Coach
I'd say Sailor is on the way out so they're not using him although doesn't explain why they keep picking Aitken lol
Young likes Aitken as much as Mary did. I'm not concerned anymore because all three are gonsky after our next game. Our focus will be on turning things around for season 2021.

Dragons4me

Juniors
Re Sailor
I suspect he is just excess to requirements and has either signed elswhere or is still unsigned to anybody
at this stage I dont think clubs will bust their arse to sign him quickly

If Hook had any viable plan for him im sure he would be given some go but looks like not, he may already have made up his mind on him

Dad Wendell reckons he's a fullback so he might be off looking for that opportunity. I also agree Tristan signed again with us for 2020 to finish his degree. That also suggests he's gone for 2021. Shame really as I think he has something to offer. Would he really be heading for the donkeys??

possm

Coach
Dad Wendell reckons he's a fullback so he might be off looking for that opportunity. I also agree Tristan signed again with us for 2020 to finish his degree. That also suggests he's gone for 2021. Shame really as I think he has something to offer. Would he really be heading for the donkeys??
I have a feeling Sailor is off to the Broncos to try out for the fullback job. Good luck to me! We have more than enough juniors with fullback in their sights and in my opinion, right now we need a top grade experienced fullback to see us through for the next couple of seasons.

getsmarty

Immortal
‘Never got any game time’: Wendell Sailor slams Dragons for cutting son Tristan
NRL legend Wendell Sailor is furious with the Dragons after the club told his son Tristan that his services were no longer required beyond 2020.

Mark St John
September 24, 20202:31pm
dfa79870b184bde0afa7aa40ff6cd0ab

Wendell SailorSource:Getty Images

NRL legend Wendell Sailor is furious with the Dragons after the club told his son Tristan that his services were no longer required beyond 2020.

Danny Weidler reported the club doesn’t believe the 22-year-old, who has played five games for the Dragons since his debut in 2019, is part of their future under incoming coach Anthony Griffin.

“Sailor was told officially that he is not part of the Dragons plans for next year,” Weidler tweeted.

3fceb078d3d2009d28b7ce9830092db4

LATE MAIL: Staggs set for late Broncos switch, Panthers consider resting more stars

LATEST: Tristan Sailor told officially today that he is not part of the Dragons plans for next year. He will be a good pick up for another club. Excellent young bloke. @NRLonNine @9NewsSyd

— Danny Weidler (@Danny_Weidler) September 23, 2020
“He will be a good pick up for another club. Excellent young bloke.”

Sailor’s father Wendell who scored 17 tries in 33 games for the club over the 2008 and 2009 seasons believes the club has let down Tristan with the way they have handled his development.

“He was told by the club that if he had a big off-season, he would be in the mix this year but he never got any game time,” the former Test star told Wide World of Sports.

“He got two games off the bench and was expected to pull off the miracle play with limited game time.

“Now they say he is not wanted - my wife and I are very disappointed that he never got the opportunity to show what he’s got on the field.”

Sailor was disappointed that after all the sacrifices their son had made over the course of the coronavirus pandemic that the club couldn’t stand by him and offer him more opportunities to show what he has got in first grade.

c7bbdbdd711fb6ab62a22c8a50c902a7

Tristan Sailor is unwanted at the Dragons.Source:News Corp Australia

“He’s done everything right all year,” Sailor said.

“He couldn’t even come to my mum’s funeral because he was in the bubble but he accepted that and now they cut him.

“Hopefully he can find another club because he is a good young player with something to offer.

“While we are disappointed, the Red V will always be a part of us; we love the club.”

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/n...n/news-story/784264c97bf8e7c25c04d4ebc3d10c15

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
With all the juniors coming through someone has to miss out. I think our youngsters in the backline have Sailor covered.

Like many of our current (Dufty) or recent (Field) backs, Tristan looked a million dollars in attack but without the ball he struggled. Partially an issue with being vertically challenged and therefore not being great under the high ball, partially a skill thing (the SGI turnstile defence curse).

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Told it's all part of rotation, as Hynes has started last 2 games & on the bench for 2 previous. I hope he comes on in the halves. Both sides inexperienced halves will even out but I will be surprised if Johns takes the line on or directs the team around the park with any authority because I'm yet to see it, but playing the Dragons he might prove me wrong.

Sorry mate, I'm not sure which Qcup games you've watched but clearly not a great guide as Johns was very impressive today.

As I said earlier in this thread he is off contract and certainly a good option for us to go after to phase out Hunt.

slippery5

Juniors
Sorry mate, I'm not sure which Qcup games you've watched but clearly not a great guide as Johns was very impressive today.

As I said earlier in this thread he is off contract and certainly a good option for us to go after to phase out Hunt.
"Very impressive"??? you do realise he was playing against us, don't you ??? He was outplayed by an 18yr old in my opinion, as was Clune..

I'm Hornby

Juniors
"Very impressive"??? you do realise he was playing against us, don't you ??? He was outplayed by an 18yr old in my opinion, as was Clune..

He had a hand in the majority of their tries and his general play kicks/short passes to put supporting players in space were great.

Yes he was playing against us but this is his second NRL game and I would rate our team as better than the Qcup teams you claim to have watched him play against.

slippery5

Juniors
He had a hand in the majority of their tries and his general play kicks/short passes to put supporting players in space were great.

Yes he was playing against us but this is his second NRL game and I would rate our team as better than the Qcup teams you claim to have watched him play against.
Well I can tell you he was given a rev up by Bellamy with his lack of involvement in his Debut weeks ago & he is way behind his Halves partner at the Falcons. Of course every one has their opinion, but as I said, many of those who watch the Sunshine Coast Falcons think he is the least important member of the team.
Cheers mate.

Latest posts