What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who are we buying for 2021 onwards

Big Marn

Juniors
I thought Herbert was a big reason for the D improving on his flank and helped Hiku out a lot. And he was beginning to flourish as an attacking weapon. FWIW I would rather have had him there than Ken, though I know thats not a popular opinion.

Paasi had some good games but i guess with Ah Mau still on contract they decided they had enough depth which can be a dangerous game to play, considering all the injuries we had last offseason.

Rich102

Staff member
Biggest concern for me is putting all our eggs in the Big Prop basket when the new rules are strongly suggesting a move to a quicker game.
Time will tell.

Rich102

Staff member
This is a bit dumb. Herbert is solid. Theres a place in the squad for Paasi and Afoa.

If we are looking to offload, I'd rather get rid of Tevaga and Papali, Keep Paasi and Afoa and play BMM at 13.

Paasi & Afoa will probably stay till their contracts run out. Papali'i is gone. Tevaga is 'testing the market'.

Penrose_11

Juniors
Paasi Jazz and Afoa are all signed next year so unless they want to move, i’m presuming they’ll be with us. Papalii’s contract ends after this weekends game so he’ll either suit up for someone else or play in the local comp. Doggies are looking to replace 8 players so bunch of our boys could always end up there?? With a new regime coming in at the Broncos, if you could get a 2-3yr deal there, wouldn’t be a bad environment to end up in

Meth

Staff member
Herbert has had to play out of position a lot this year to cover for Maumalo and Fusitu'a's absence

SmashEmBro

Juniors
One thing I'm hoping we get better with next year is our support play.
With players like AFB, BMM, Tevaga and even Katoa we need RTS, Nikorima and CTH expecting the offload and coming through ready.

Most of our offloads this year seems to go to someone in a worse position or not prepared for the opportunity.

Sanchez

Coach
As taken from the rosters gain and loss thread..
Props
13. Ben Murdoch-Masila 2023
14. Adam Fanua-Blake 2023
15. Kane Evans 2022
16. Agnatius Paasi 2022
17. Jamayne Taunoa-Brown 2022
18. Bunty Afoa 2021
19. Leeson Ah Mau 2021
20. Jackson Frei 2021

How many props is too many? I think one of Paasi or Afoa is definitely one too many. Especially with Ale coming through and Tevaga playing middle as well. Frei's obviously in danger of being shown the door too

Penrose_11

Juniors
As taken from the rosters gain and loss thread..

How many props is too many? I think one of Paasi or Afoa is definitely one too many. Especially with Ale coming through and Tevaga playing middle as well. Frei's obviously in danger of being shown the door too
I’m a massive Afoa fan as see the potential in years to come but if anyone goes think will probably be him. Paasi isn’t going to want to leave as has 2 yrs to run on contract but also has family with 4 kids who’d be well settled in their schooling environment. I could see us letting Bunty go now and then paying AFB type cash to bring him back years down the track

SmashEmBro

Juniors
Nrl.com are saying Hetherington has said no to us.

I'm okay with that, don't really need any more props and I feel he's too reckless.
Evans, AFB and Tevaga have enough mongrel and aggression in them for us.

Hey, on a side note, Manly weren't keen to release AFB without a replacement and a transfer fee, did we hear anything about either of those things?

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Nrl.com are saying Hetherington has said no to us.

I'm okay with that, don't really need any more props and I feel he's too reckless.
Evans, AFB and Tevaga have enough mongrel and aggression in them for us.

Hey, on a side note, Manly weren't keen to release AFB without a replacement and a transfer fee, did we hear anything about either of those things?

Sounds like an undisclosed amount changed hands between the clubs

I thought Afoa might be part of something but we have since extended and upgraded Paseka along with Foran a done deal and Luke Garner and getting close apparently

Last edited:

BLN2

Juniors
Sounds like an undisclosed amount changed hands between the clubs

I thought Afoa might be part of something but we have since extended and upgraded Paseka along with Foran a done deal and Luke Garner and getting close apparently

Paseka seems a good prospect, though looks like he tires. Which is fair enough considering his size and age! I rate Garner too.

With Blair going, and us looking to offload Paasi and maybe Afoa, we must have another forward signing lined up.

AFB
Egan/Lawton
JTB
Katoa
Harris
Tevaga

Egan/Lawton
BMM
LAM
Evans

Murchie
Afoa
Ale
Curran
Paasi

Looks like enough depth to me ATM, but wouldn't say it's too much.

I would love to sign Tapine at lock, he's slipping down the pecking order with Horsbrugh, CHN and Whitehead likely their back row next season. Bit of cash to be sitting on the bench..

Backs look OK, pretty set, with Turner, the new Fijian winger, Berry, Pompey and Perham for depth.

I can't see the point of signing another half, might as well keep Keighran IMO. The club has chosen Niko and CHT as our halves, that's it unless they dump Kodi, which would be surprising. Moala looks good, very young but will be on a development deal next year.

Benek

Juniors
I’d be happy to persist with CHT and Nikorima at halves if we got a hooker with more playmaking abilities. Someone with another dimension to their game - either as a third kicking option or a running game. At the moment neither Lawton or Egan offer much of that, and neither CHT or Nikorima are complete enough players to take a side deep into the finals without a bit more support.

Will be disappointing if our forwards make the metres but we continue to struggle with 4th and 5th tackle attacking execution.

Latest posts