What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The LU punching bag

ACTPanthers

Bench
Corey Norman & Ben Hunt cop the brunt of the dragons fan fire. Could be likely to succeed here in the basis many think they are under performers.

Moses, Gutherson, Brown have a general dislike from the public and get bagged at every opportunity.. could be any of these...

Valentine Holmes could be a roughie..

Ponga and Cherry Daly-Evans are widely loathed but are actually very good players.

But the undoubted king of kings, who gets more grief on LU than 13 Darius Boyd’s..

Cameron Smith.

Another championship to add to his absolute Alladdin’s cave of trophies. No player has had more threads of disdain added to the LU forums than Smith. He’s an immortal in this regard, Boyd never came near him. Even though he’s widely regarded as one of the best players of all time.
Please tell me this was just a happy accident?

soc123_au

Staff member
I would like to nominate Lachlan Lewis from my club
He was my first thought too, but to be in the true Darius mould you need to be rated by someone first. I don't think that will ever happen with Lachlan, he seems more destined to fill the big clown shoes once occupied by Josh McCrone.

Gagai is the best suggestion I've seen so far, I'm still not really feeling it though. Queenslander, check. Walk up for rep sides, check. Plodder more often than not, check. Something seems to be missing though, he doesnt posses the natural smugness of Darbs. Maybe he needs to get on the Panthers bandwagon once Souffs are eliminated from the finals. That could be the ticket to get him over the line.

Sphagnum

Coach
With Darius gone it’s time to move on to the next cat who won premierships and origins without contributing much.

I nominate Braith as he seems desperate to stay involved with the game publicly. He deserves to keep getting flogged for decades.

dogslife

Coach
He was my first thought too, but to be in the true Darius mould you need to be rated by someone first. I don't think that will ever happen with Lachlan, he seems more destined to fill the big clown shoes once occupied by Josh McCrone.
You're probably right. Seems too easy a target as well, almost like picking on the disabled kid at school.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
It would have to be someone from the tigers, wouldn’t it?

Perth Red

Post Whore
You need lack of heart and lack of ability, somehow make rep teams and have a long career to make the Darius club.