What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squad for 2021

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I find this an interesting post. I have thought the same with Hetherington. I think he is a real talent and where I'd hope he might succeed with us is though the hard line of Madge versus Ivan being a bit more laid back...Madge might be able to break him and stop the stupid things in his game.

I tend to agree. Penrith have some good kids comming through (who don't have Jack's issues) Spencer is a good example, speed, footwork and power.

Madge with Jack would either be good for him or break his spirit.

Jack has been selected for Cowboys game, this is probably a test too see how he goes.

Penrith do have a long love affair with blokes like Jack......21st century version of MG.

It will be fascinating to see how this turns out.

BrotherJim05

Bench
I don't think we need Hetherington. We have enough young, talented forwards to blood.

I had a dream last night where Doueihi made a tackle bust then offloaded to a flying JAC who went the length of the field to score. I know it was a dream but we all know the potential JAC has at fullback.

1. Sign Tamoa
  2. Sign JAC
  3. Extend McIntyre
  4. Cameron Smith announces he'll play on
  5. Grant signs with Tigers
  6. Tigers come 9th in 2020
Let the dream continue

BrotherJim05

Bench
2021:

1. JAC
2. Nofa
3. BJ
4. Mbye
5. Kepoa
6. Doeuhi
7. Brooks
8. Tamoa
9. Grant
10. Aloai
11. Mcintyre
12. Luciano
13. Twal

14. Blore
15. Mikale
16. Stefano
17. Liddle

then after Packer and Reynolds leave we have 1.5 million to add to this roster. Then if Brooks and Mbye don't kick on another 1.5 million on top of that.

For this reason I think we need to extend Madge to the end of 2023 asap

WA Tiger

Bench
In case you missed it

Play-making great Johnathan Thurston told Channel 9: “I can’t believe he is not signed for another year. I was marvelling at what Benji was doing this evening. There are three or four clubs who could certainly do with his services.”
That’s high praise from in some circles The greatest half of all time..That'll do me..

WA Tiger

Bench
2021:

1. JAC
2. Nofa
3. BJ
4. Mbye
5. Kepoa
6. Doeuhi
7. Brooks
8. Tamoa
9. Grant
10. Aloai
11. Mcintyre
12. Luciano
13. Twal

14. Blore
15. Mikale
16. Stefano
17. Liddle

then after Packer and Reynolds leave we have 1.5 million to add to this roster. Then if Brooks and Mbye don't kick on another 1.5 million on top of that.

For this reason I think we need to extend Madge to the end of 2023 asap
Someone has to click with Madge and from reading, that person sounds like Harry Grant. He loves Madge....Incidentally they are both Aquarian Tigers ...And Farrah has had big input in helping Grant out ..And Smith I’m sure will play on without losing sleep about the consequences...

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
I know you guys are too tough for this star sign stuff ..Real men ..Too bad
Heres Madge AND Grants combination of Aquarian / Tiger ..They are mirror images of each other

PRIMAL ZODIAC SIGN OF
PANTHER

xPanther.jpg.pagespeed.ic._gZ3Q1fFIu.jpg

2Save
Panthers are one of the most well-liked of the Primal Zodiac signs. They are very engaging with others and are always looking for ways to make life better for everyone around them. When they are on top of their game, they are strong, energetic, creative, and intelligent. But they have a dark side, which usually comes out if they feel like they are not in control of their lives. When they are off balance, they can also be eccentric, over-protective, mysterious, and unpredictable.

No matter what their current mood, Panthers are confident, and they have every reason to be. They are smart, creative thinkers with excellent leadership and social skills. They can be overbearing at times when they want things done their way, but most of the time others recognize that their ideas are good and that their hearts are in the right place. Paired with their natural charm, it’s hard not to want to do things a Panther’s way.

Balance is key for members of this sign. They have big ideas and thrive on accomplishment, but this can cause them to miss out on the more important things in life. They work very hard and stay focused on their goals, but this can cause them to burn out, especially if they don’t get the results they have worked so hard for. When this happens, the dark side comes out and th
ey become moody, mean-spirited, and aloof - they exact opposite of their usual nature. Even their closest friends will be put off by this sudden change in temperament. Luckily, they tend to bounce back reasonably well and should soon be back on course toward their next goal.

COMPATIBILITY (LOVE & FRIENDSHIP)
Members of this sign have no trouble making friends. They are genuinely friendly and caring, while their confidence naturally attracts others to them. They usually have a few fairly large groups of friends in which they are either the “leader” or the person who everyone is excited to see when they make it to a group event.

Panthers are extremely loyal, sometimes to a fault. While they are charming, trustworthy, and attentive, they have a natural tendency to develop a sense of ownership over their partners and family, along with a natural tendency to protect what’s theirs. They are used to being dominant in their relationships, but if left unchecked, they can become jealous, overbearing, and oversensitive. Members of this sign do best with a partner with a strong enough personality to keep them in check, a big enough heart to keep them balanced, and an adventurous spirit to keep them interested.

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
I don't think we need Hetherington. We have enough young, talented forwards to blood.

I had a dream last night where Doueihi made a tackle bust then offloaded to a flying JAC who went the length of the field to score. I know it was a dream but we all know the potential JAC has at fullback.

1. Sign Tamoa
  2. Sign JAC
  3. Extend McIntyre
Let the dream continue
Haha yep

Fordy20

Juniors
Someone has to click with Madge and from reading, that person sounds like Harry Grant. He loves Madge....Incidentally they are both Aquarian Tigers ...And Farrah has had big input in helping Grant out ..And Smith I’m sure will play on without losing sleep about the consequences...

It sounds like Grant and Madge get along pretty well. Harry is a great competitor and while it would be great to keep him, I reckon that's a pipedream.

Das Hassler

Bench
It sounds like Grant and Madge get along pretty well. Harry is a great competitor and while it would be great to keep him, I reckon that's a pipedream.

Here's an entirely plausible what if / why not....it's fair to assume that any incentive for Harry to return to the storm. ..apart from giving his word would be the assured progress and success by being coached by Bellamy...as it's looking like Bellamy will be moving into a non coaching role at Brisbane after next season, what's the incentive for Harry to be at the Storm beyond '21 with the brainstrust moved on? ...add to that the possibility of B Smith inheriting the 9. Bellamy's in talks with Brisbane now and if he agrees to terms over the next few days ( i'd imagine he wants it settled before next week) then i think our chances of snaring Harry have gone up quite a bit.

Ned Kelly

Juniors

1. Sign Tamoa
  2. Sign JAC
  3. Extend McIntyre
Let the dream continue

9TH Next year. WOW!!! That would be AWESOME !
Let's hope they can achieve such heights so we can continue our "MAYBE NEXT YEAR" slogan

Perth Tiger

Bench
Young Sironen is off contract and has developed pretty well, wouldn’t mind getting him back but probably not any better than McIntyre or Blore.

What happened to that backrower we were supposed to be singing from the cowboys?

tiger102

Juniors
Young Sironen is off contract and has developed pretty well, wouldn’t mind getting him back but probably not any better than McIntyre or Blore.

What happened to that backrower we were supposed to be singing from the cowboys?
Tukimihia Simpkins? going what the other forum some say still in talks, others say not happening.,

The Sunday Tele this morning:

Next season is going to look a lot different at Concord after the Tigers confirmed a mass exodus during a half time farewell presentation. As well as Marshall and Lawrence moving on, the club said goodbye to Elijah Taylor, Matt Eisenhuth, Dylan Smith, Robert Jennings, Oliver Clark, Harry Grant, Chris McQueen and Ben Matulino.

Some old news, some good news and in the case of Matulino, great journalism.

Shredder

Juniors
Cant say Im upset about any of them going.

Press saying we are interested in the younger Sailor.
Apparently we were interested earlier in the year, but they wouldnt release him, then they didnt resign him. Not a great way for the poor bloke to start his career.

Shredder

Juniors
Anyone who thinks Tamou and potentially JAC are the difference between us having another year like this and making the 8 are kidding themselves.

What I learned this year is that we have a decent young forward pack that needs leadership, hopefully Tamou is it. Our backs are full of young guys who show promise but are inconsistent. I think Doulei is a natural 6, Api and Talau both have something as well.

Lets hope with the (I think) 6 empty roster spots we pick up a couple of players that are decent.