What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 vs Storm

kit66

Bench
This game should tell the coach one of two things.
1/we can beat their reserve graders or
2/we are third graders

This is yet another opportunity for us to see Youngs' incompetence as a coach on display and be grateful he's headed for the door. Everyone keeps blaming the players but it should be obvious how much of an effect years of bad coaching has had on the team. It continues unabated with Young's who's only answer has been to make a lot of personnel changes each week and blame everything on his players at the press conferences. Imagine if he'd got the coaching job - it would have been a couple of years of that.
We'll be lucky to win on Sunday even against a reserve squad because that squad has a great coach and their club has a great culture, we have the opposite. The only reason I'll watch it is to see the kids debut.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
This is yet another opportunity for us to see Youngs' incompetence as a coach on display and be grateful he's headed for the door. Everyone keeps blaming the players but it should be obvious how much of an effect years of bad coaching has had on the team. It continues unabated with Young's who's only answer has been to make a lot of personnel changes each week and blame everything on his players at the press conferences. Imagine if he'd got the coaching job - it would have been a couple of years of that.
We'll be lucky to win on Sunday even against a reserve squad because that squad has a great coach and their club has a great culture, we have the opposite. The only reason I'll watch it is to see the kids debut.
I think we might win this one. If and it’s a big if, we don’t get blown away early. They appear to have quit already but seeing as though it’s the very last game they might just have one more effort in them. If things turn against them early though I can’t see them caring enough to overcome it. Hope they get a win to give the young guys some confidence, especially Sullivan. Would be nice if he steered us to a win in his first game. He hasn’t played all year though so I’m not expecting miracles and not sure he has the match fitness to handle the traffic coming his way. If he even holds his own under the circumstances I will be stoked.

hazzbeen

Bench
I think we might win this one. If and it’s a big if, we don’t get blown away early. They appear to have quit already but seeing as though it’s the very last game they might just have one more effort in them. If things turn against them early though I can’t see them caring enough to overcome it. Hope they get a win to give the young guys some confidence, especially Sullivan. Would be nice if he steered us to a win in his first game. He hasn’t played all year though so I’m not expecting miracles and not sure he has the match fitness to handle the traffic coming his way. If he even holds his own under the circumstances I will be stoked.
I remember a couple of seasons ago they had something to play for (if my memory serves me right) had to beat the Dogs who were at the bottom of the table , for us to advance to the semi , last game of the season ..... And guess what ? We got smashed , so I can't see the team winning even if they Storm are under strength ..... Either way I really don't care , just waiting for next year .....

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I remember a couple of seasons ago they had something to play for (if my memory serves me right) had to beat the Dogs who were at the bottom of the table , for us to advance to the semi , last game of the season ..... And guess what ? We got smashed , so I can't see the team winning even if they Storm are under strength ..... Either way I really don't care , just waiting for next year .....
I just want to see the young guys not that Young guy.

redv13

Bench
Yep pretty sad considering they are resting 12 players!! Sunday will show everyone just how far we have dropped under these clowns :clown:

denis preston

First Grade
Yes exciting times ahead but the cleanout won't be complete until Doust and Craig Young get the marching orders from the Board.

On the player front, I think we could do very well with an experienced and talented fullback such as RTS at the back. Griffin knows what he can do and will sort out the squad.

So you think Piggot & Black are doing a great job ? We have to get real here , the board is here to stay and we can only hope Webby continues to do his stuff ( NEXT : third party opportunities rammed up through WIN and the leagues club ) As for RTS why are you talking about it when it is not going to happen ?

possm

Coach
So you think Piggot & Black are doing a great job ? We have to get real here , the board is here to stay and we can only hope Webby continues to do his stuff ( NEXT : third party opportunities rammed up through WIN and the leagues club ) As for RTS why are you talking about it when it is not going to happen ?
I've heard that RTS wants out and a return to Australia. Brown wants that 1m to spend up big on more marquee players that Gould can bring to the Warriors. If we offered RTS our fullback job at 1m, you can bet the Worriors would grant his application for a release.

To lift our team out of the bottom 8, we are going to need a marquee fullback for at least the next two years (until one of our young guns can do the job). We need some brilliance and capable defence at the back. We also need a fullback who can direct our players in attack and defence. RTS is the only player that can potentially do this for us right now. So I would put maximum effort into gaining his services for next season.

There are only two recruits that we really need in our backline; Maloney at 7 and RTS at fullback. We have the young guns to fill the remainder of the backline:
1. RTS - until Schiller is ready
2. Ramsey
3. Lomax
4. Feagai
5. Feagai
6. Sullivan
7. Maloney

Good mix of experience and youth, this backline has talent and speed. Griffin would ensure they would be fit and solid in defence.

Aitken, Lafai, Norman and Hunt all gone providing more than eought salary cap to recurit RTS and Maloney. In fact the cap saved would also help to supplement funds to upgrade our forward
pack.

Dufty, Pereira, Ravalawa, Williame, Clune and Saab all under contract and not on huge bucks. They can seek a return to first grade on their ability, form, fitness and skills development. The only place for a Dufty return to first grade would be via an vacancy to 1 or 6 dure to injury or rep requirements of the above incumbents.

Last edited:

The Badger

Juniors
I've heard that RTS wants out and a return to Australia. Brown wants that 1m to spend up big on more marquee players that Gould can bring to the Warriors. If we offered RTS our fullback job at 1m, you can bet the Worriors would grant his application for a release.

To lift our team out of the bottom 8, we are going to need a marquee fullback for at least the next two years (until one of our young guns can do the job). We need some brilliance and capable defence at the back. We also need a fullback who can direct our players in attack and defence. RTS is the only player that can potentially do this for us right now. So I would put maximum effort into gaining his services for next season.

There are only two recruits that we really need in our backline; Maloney at 7 and RTS at fullback. We have the young guns to fill the remainder of the backline:
2. Ramsey
3. Lomax
4. Feagai
5. Feagai
6. Sullivan
7. Maloney

Good mix of experience and youth, this backline has talent and speed. Griffin would ensure they would be fit and solid in defence.
That is as good a backline as we could hope for Possum.RTS and Moloney would be the perfect fit for those young guns.Need some staunch tacklers in the pack to go with them.Mcuinness is the only one we have.

redv13

Bench

2. Ramsey
3. Lomax
4. Feagai
5. Feagai
6. Sullivan
7. Maloney

Aitken, Lafai, Norman and Hunt all gone providing more than eought salary cap to recurit RTS and Maloney. In fact the cap saved would also help to supplement funds to upgrade our forward
pack.

Dufty, Pereira, Ravalawa, Williame, Clune and Saab all under contract and not on huge bucks. They can seek a return to first grade on their ability, form, fitness and skills development. The only place for a Dufty return to first grade would be via an vacancy to 1 or 6 dure to injury or rep requirements of the above incumbents.
Didn’t the Warriors put this to bed the other day?? RTS isn’t going anywhere especially to our rubbish club

Dragon David

First Grade
Now that it is official that Dean Young has signed a 3 year deal to be assistant coach at the Cowboys, will our players play hard for him against the Storm and Young telling them to just do their thing or will they just plod along because of it now being an anti-climax that it is the end of the season for our mob?

I don't think that Young's headspace will be there for the Dragons on Sunday afternoon. His bags are packed and rearing to go to a new frontier without the hassle of the Dragons ongoing pressure.

possm

Coach
Now that it is official that Dean Young has signed a 3 year deal to be assistant coach at the Cowboys, will our players play hard for him against the Storm and Young telling them to just do their thing or will they just plod along because of it now being an anti-climax that it is the end of the season for our mob?

I don't think that Young's headspace will be there for the Dragons on Sunday afternoon. His bags are packed and rearing to go to a new frontier without the hassle of the Dragons ongoing pressure.
Some will play (well within) themselves in order to not get injured for the off-season holidays.

Ghostrider22

Juniors
Yes hazza we are all waiting for next year hahahahaha it’s bloody awful nightmare that everyone has had to put up with. From board, coaches and media. Funny how we all could see through the BS but them.