What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 - Squad, Signings, Re-signings

possm

Coach
It wouldn’t surprise me if Hook hasn’t already got some in principle agreements in place waiting for the right time to announce. Hook only has 2yrs to get results so I don’t see him wasting any time. Also there’s the de Belin issue to take into consideration & that won’t be know until the end of November. the $1.5M we have could turn into $2.1M
Off contract and moving are the following players:
Aitken - 350k
Lafai - 400k
Sailor - 200k
K Sims - 250k
Elliot - 200k
James - 600k
Frizell - 600k
Host - 150k
Fuimaono - 250k
Equals 3m

The above figures are only best guess but I believe them to be close to the mark. Of course we need to take into account upgrades to juniors promoted and Millwards attenpt to disguise his poor recruiting management by front ending some of our players this year. However, those front ended would not be the ones leaving and so it gives SGI more salary cap than that noted above to play with.

Now if there is a clean out and we also lose the following players for next year we will have even more cash to splash:
Hunt - 1m
Norman - 850k
Merrin - 350k
Equals 2.2m

So if my dreams come true we would have approximately 5.5m to splash out on players. Surely enough to buy at least 4 marquee players and upgrade our new juniors in our squad.

I know we might not get a few of the below players that I dearly would want, but within the next two years we should be able to put together a team of similar quality:

1. RTS or JAC
2. Feagai
3. Lomax
4. Feagai
5. Ramsey
6. Sullivan or Dufty
7. Maloney
8. Welch
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. T Sims
12. McGuire
13. De Belin

14. big O
15. Pangai Jr
16. Kerr
17. Ford

2 new backs and 4 new forwards, what a great Dragons side!

getsmarty

Immortal
Same as we could have had Jason Demetriou instead of Mary. The decisions by the big heads at the Dragons to keep Mary as the coach for 7 years were the biggest blunders of all time. Such poor judgement.
I am sure that without Mary and having either Holbrook or Demetriou as our coach, we would have played finals footy for a few years.

There were others as well...discussed ad nauseam so I will not go into detail...@ least we have someone now with runs on the board from outside the organization...

How our board members can possibly retain their places is beyond a joke....

ChocOConnor

Juniors
Like my missus said whilst watching that moron On Matty johns show.

She is in HR as said I wouldn’t put the guy forward to any prospective client but anyone that wants him I would look deep into that organisation and ask what are you wanting to Achieve and why you would entertain this moron.

And she knows nothing about the game other than her comment to me about “hey that’s the guy you dislike so much..”

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Be careful don’t be too quick to judge those 2 coaches mentioned have not achieved anything yet in NRL
What Titans have won 5 in a row
people weren’t talking about Holbrook early this year
What I distinctly remember Dean pay having a good run last year to have everyone say how good they are going to finish the year
look where they finished this year they got the Mc85 statue prize of coming 15th.
Even if they did jag those 5 wins due to having a late dig, next season they actually have a side that will really contend for the finals. This is good for them but bad news for us. Another team we have to jump over to make the 8.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Like my missus said whilst watching that moron On Matty johns show.

She is in HR as said I wouldn’t put the guy forward to any prospective client but anyone that wants him I would look deep into that organisation and ask what are you wanting to Achieve and why you would entertain this moron.

And she knows nothing about the game other than her comment to me about “hey that’s the guy you dislike so much..”
I’m not sure the Matty Johns show is a job interview though to be fair. It’s just a bit of light hearted fun.

Dragon David

First Grade
Be careful don’t be too quick to judge those 2 coaches mentioned have not achieved anything yet in NRL
What I distinctly remember Dean pay having a good run last year to have everyone say how good they are going to finish the year
look where they finished this year they got the Mc85 statue prize of coming 15th.
Yeah, I guess I was a bit hasty with what I said, but I am still trying to get over the dismal last 7 years we have had.

BLM01

First Grade
Even if they did jag those 5 wins due to having a late dig, next season they actually have a side that will really contend for the finals. This is good for them but bad news for us. Another team we have to jump over to make the 8.
Maybe but that wasn’t even the point
The point is people saying how good these coaches are and that we missed out on them They have proven nothing yet
Even Mary won 6 in a row in the beginning of 2018

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Maybe but that wasn’t even the point
The point is people saying how good these coaches are and that we missed out on them They have proven nothing yet
Even Mary won 6 in a row in the beginning of 2018
Yeah but that doesn’t change the fact that getting a new coach has basically transformed them. They have started to get some signings and as the saying goes if you build it they will come, players talk. Now they have started firing and will go into the off season confident and with their backs in career best form, some on the cusp of origin like Brimson. Add in Herman, Tino and Fifita and they are looking really solid which in turn could attract new players. We need a similar signing or two. Hopefully Hook can have a good impact like this on us. When he leaves clubs he leaves them in premiership contention, look at Bennett’s clubs after he leaves in us, Newcastle and Brisbane. Basically all hit rock bottom, we are the only one to have not won the spoon.

I'm Hornby

Juniors

That's exactly right. The big challenge for the Titans next year will be competing for the entire season and not just the last 5 rounds.

The members congratulating them on a successful year for coming 9th are taking me back to when our BOD labelled us finishing 7th as a successful season.

The fact remains that the Titans and their coach still have a lot to prove and the hard work is still in front of them like it is for us.

possm

Coach
That's exactly right. The big challenge for the Titans next year will be competing for the entire season and not just the last 5 rounds.

The members congratulating them on a successful year for coming 9th are taking me back to when our BOD labelled us finishing 7th as a successful season.

The fact remains that the Titans and their coach still have a lot to prove and the hard work is still in front of them like it is for us.
It seems the Titans have signed a winner in Holbrook.

be55

Juniors

You are right to say that they have work to do, just like us, but i would certainly rather be in their position than ours...

They have made some terrific signings in Tino and Fafita, to already go with a forward pack that includes Fotuaika, Wallace and Proctor. They have unearthed a terrific halfback in Fogarty and Brian Kelly is a seriously high quality outside back. The cherry on top is Brimson, he is an absolute superstar. Brimson is a real key for them...keep him injury free and they'll win more games than they lose...

It tells you how much better a position they are in than us, when players like Phillip Sami and Corey Thompson can't even make their top seventeen. If we had those two on our roster they would be rushed in so quickly their heads would spin.

As a club and a football team they are in a much better position than we are at the moment ,but that's not saying much unfortunately...

hazzbeen

Bench
You are right to say that they have work to do, just like us, but i would certainly rather be in their position than ours...

They have made some terrific signings in Tino and Fafita, to already go with a forward pack that includes Fotuaika, Wallace and Proctor. They have unearthed a terrific halfback in Fogarty and Brian Kelly is a seriously high quality outside back. The cherry on top is Brimson, he is an absolute superstar. Brimson is a real key for them...keep him injury free and they'll win more games than they lose...

It tells you how much better a position they are in than us, when players like Phillip Sami and Corey Thompson can't even make their top seventeen. If we had those two on our roster they would be rushed in so quickly their heads would spin.

As a club and a football team they are in a much better position than we are at the moment ,but that's not saying much unfortunately...
Right on at least they have strung 5 games on the trot , and seem to have turned the corner .... We will struggle to beat a Storm second string side ..... They have turned the corner , we are still running into brick walls ......

be55

Juniors
Right on at least they have strung 5 games on the trot , and seem to have turned the corner .... We will struggle to beat a Storm second string side ..... They have turned the corner , we are still running into brick walls ......
When you look at their roster from top to bottom they have much more quality and depth than we do. I'm not saying they'll win the comp next year or even make the top four but i would be seriously surprised if they didn't make the eight and be highly competitive all year. Something i can't contemplate us doing at the moment with the state we are in....

possm

Coach
Tonight I was told that the Dragons are negotiating a swap Norman for Packer with cash adjustment. Term is for one season. Normans contract concludes at end of season 2021. Norman to replace Benji.

possm

Coach
Russell Packer? Please tell me the Tigers have another Packer.
Yes Russell Packer. I suppose we need a spare prop rather than a spare five-eighth. Griffin will have is work cut out for him trying to get some value out of this player. If anyone could have got value I would have thought Madge could have. But if Griffin can get him going, he could prove to be of value in short bursts. On Packers side of things, his future is most probably in the ESL and if he puts in the yards, he may get a contract over in England.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Yes Russell Packer. I suppose we need a spare prop rather than a spare five-eighth. Griffin will have is work cut out for him trying to get some value out of this player. If anyone could have got value I would have thought Madge could have. But if Griffin can get him going, he could prove to be of value in short bursts. On Packers side of things, his future is most probably in the ESL and if he puts in the yards, he may get a contract over in England.
Look to be 100% honest, if this is true Packer offers us more than Norman does. A bench prop or even backup prop is more valuable than a passenger 5/8.

possm

Coach

Well I'm hoping that Millward's time as recruitment/retention/pathways and list management Dirctor at the Dragons ends tomorrow and Griffin signs more professional staff to do these duties.

Latest posts