What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 vs Storm

possm

Coach
Is it Hosts last game for the Dragons? Haven't seen it stated anywhere.
I recon Griffin will be having a good hard look at him. I'd say if he wants first grade money the Dragons will let him go. To me he is a very good backup player and has the potential to be a regular first grade player.

With Merrin and Lawrie both under contract for 2021, we do not need to have a long list of fringe first graders in our squad,; better to let them go and recurit some gun junior forwards to take their place.

Crush

Coach
We won’t win mate. Tomorrow will show just how far we as a club have fallen. f**k Mary, f**k Deano
Not sure why you are giving it to Dean so much?
I understand that Mary did a terrible job over many many years and didn't deserve contract extensions but Dean has only had a handful of games as a rookie coach.
He hasn't done a good job with those handful of games and won't be with us next year.
Why give him a f**k you on the way out?
Good luck to him I say, I hope he develops into a NRL coach down the track and thank him for stepping into a shit storm albeit for only a few weeks.

I understand that Mary did a terrible job over many many years and didn't deserve contract extensions but Dean has only had a handful of games as a rookie coach.
He hasn't done a good job with those handful of games and won't be with us next year.
Good luck to him I say, I hope he develops into a NRL coach down the track and thank him for stepping into a shit storm albeit for only a few weeks.
Young gets an F.U from me too. A big part of the Mary era and was shocked not to get the top job. Muppet!

possm

Coach
Young is an example of the backroom deals and nepotism that was rife in our Club. I truly believe this is now being eradicated thanks to the efforts of our new CEO and am very happy that the likes of McGreggor, Young and Millward are gone or on the way out.

blacksafake

First Grade

Dragon David

First Grade
In today’s Sunday Telegraph, a report he is close to agreeing a 2yr deal at Souths.
He will learn a lot at Souths and be given more game time. Hornby knows his capabilities and will get Wayne to test him out on the field.

redv13

Bench
Well where do we start?? DY has been a big part of the problem for a few years now but dodged a bullet every time. Takes over and has been worse than PM which I didn’t think was possible. Debuts Feagai from the bench and plays an ordinary centre ( Williame ) in front of him after being out for months with injury. Now finally picks Blacker to debut and rolls out the same shit line of “ he will only get a small amount of time at the end of the game”.
Persisted with Norman every week bar this one, refused to give Sailor any game time even when our season ended poorly a month ago. Mate I could go on and on but everyone here knows it

getsmarty

Immortal
remote.axd

TEAM LISTS

Updated
Presented By

Late mail: Round 20 v Storm
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Sun 27 Sep 2020, 03:05 PM

St George Illawarra interim coach Dean Young has trimmed his squad to 19 ahead of the Dragons' Round 20 clash against the Melbourne Storm at Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, Kogarah on Sunday, September 27.

On top of Red V Members Appreciation Round, the Dragons will celebrate the debuts of Jayden Sullivan (St George Illawarra player #237) and Eddie Blacker (#238) against the Storm.

Paul Vaughan (eye) is out. Kaide Ellis will start at prop with Tyrell Fuimaono promoted to the interchange. Jordan Pereira is the other player to drop out of Tuesday's initial squad.

Adam Clune (hamstring) replaces Ben Hunt (suspended/hip) at halfback. Hunt's hip complaint is not severe and will not rule him out of State of Origin if selected.

Centre Euan Aitken (hamstring) and back-rower Jacob Host (calf) are the other new faces in the team.

Clune, Sullivan and Aitken's inclusions will see the Dragons run out against the Storm with a backline made up of players entirely from our junior representative pathways system.

2020_membersweek_fb.jpg

NRL team for Round 20 v Melbourne Storm –
1. Matt Dufty – sponsored by EFEX
2. Max Feagai – sponsored by Wollongong Jetski
3. Euan Aitken – sponsored by CMG Audio Visual
4. Zac Lomax – sponsored by Floormania
5. Cody Ramsey – sponsored by Nutrition Station
6. Jayden Sullivan – sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports Centre
7. Adam Clune – sponsored by Baytek Construction
8. Blake Lawrie – sponsored by SMAI
9. Cameron McInnes (c) – sponsored by Dincel Construction System
15. Kaide Ellis – sponsored by TripADeal
11. Tyson Frizell – sponsored by Modus Projects
12. Jacob Host – sponsored by Paul's Customs and Forwarding Solutions
13. Jackson Ford – sponsored by Bodytech Fitness

Interchange:
14. Tariq Sims – sponsored by Stonemasons & Landscapers (since 1970)
16. Josh Kerr – sponsored by Professionals Padstow
17. Eddie Blacker – sponsored by Trendline
21. Tyrell Fuimaono – sponsored by Fox Property

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2020/09/27/nrl-team-announcement-round-20-v-storm/

Today’s team would have to be the quickest we have picked in years.
Speed to burn in the backs and plenty of good movement on the edges.
Let’s use it.
Let’s run hard and fast.
Look for smart offloads for second phase footy.
Support each other.
Sullivan, rum the ball buddy.
Most importantly, have some fun.