What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd20 Parra v Tigers GAME DAY thread (26/9/20)

Happy MEel

First Grade
You want to beat the Storm?

Lets hope Dragon hurt some of their men.

My side would be

Guth
Taka
Mj
Blake
Fergo
Brown
Moses
Rcg
Mahoney
Lane
Matto
Davey
Brown

Jnr
Niakuore
Evans
W.Smith

Kafusi and Stone do not make it
Sivo out for Taka.
I don’t hate an RCG/Lane and Junior/Evans combo. They offer different body shapes and styles and would be hard to defend across 80 minutes.

However, I reckon Matto is done for a week so probably Lane on the edge and Kaufusi keeps his spot.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
The 2020 Smith offers us better passing, more speed around the ruck, adequate defence and so far no stupidity. He can also cover the halves and fullback. As much as I hate admitting I was wrong, he’s by far the best 14 we have.

definitely agree he is a better option then Stone at dummy half (said it during panthers game).

But reckon there is next to no chance that Mahoney will be replaced other then an injury. So based on that wouId rather Stone on the bench as he can play in the middle and actually contribute something.

Happy MEel

First Grade
definitely agree he is a better option then Stone at dummy half (said it during panthers game).

But reckon there is next to no chance that Mahoney will be replaced other then an injury. So based on that wouId rather Stone on the bench as he can play in the middle and actually contribute something.
Stone’s strong front on but isn’t great defensively. Also if we have an injury in the backs we’d be f**ked.

hindy111

Post Whore
The 2020 Smith offers us better passing, more speed around the ruck, adequate defence and so far no stupidity. He can also cover the halves and fullback. As much as I hate admitting I was wrong, he’s by far the best 14 we have.

And.... What have I been calling for since rnd 5. W.Smith on bench for some spark.
I know football. Sivo will get chopped to pieces next week.
Lane needs to start in middle. Must keep it tight.

hindy111

Post Whore

Contribute what? We would have 3 middle on bench already. He would just steal minutes off better players.

Noise

Coach

WHat would Stone contribute?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Contribute what? We would have 3 middle on bench already. He would just steal minutes off better players.

Hindy flip flopping, go back a few weeks and you are in love with Stone, lots of posts of you praising Stone man......

Happy MEel

First Grade
yeah agree with the back coverage, would rather Taka then on the bench....
Taka doesn’t provide cover at hooker, which is a key position. If Matto’s out I’d be tempted to leave Taka in the team regardless, and between Lane and Taka we’d have edge forward and centre covered.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Taka doesn’t provide cover hooker, which is a key position. If Matto’s out I’d be tempted to leave Taka in the team regardless, and between Lane and Taka we’d have edge forward and centre covered.

my point being don’t disagree hooker needs to be covered, but based on BA’s use of the bench Smith won’t be used unless Mahoney is injured. I don’t want someone on the bench that won’t be used, waste of a spot. BA actually used Stone other then hooker. That’s why I prefer Stone. Yeah smith is better a dummy half, but Stone will actually be used (and can cover hooker if there is a injury)

if I had a say I would definitely replace Mahoney In the last 20-30 mins, and would have signed Luke for that role on the minimum contract the dragons got him for .......

Latest posts