What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd20 Parra v Tigers GAME DAY thread (26/9/20)

Soto

Bench
my point being don’t disagree hooker needs to be covered, but based on BA’s use of the bench Smith won’t be used unless Mahoney is injured. I don’t want someone on the bench that won’t be used, waste of a spot. BA actually used Stone other then hooker. That’s why I prefer Stone. Yeah smith is better a dummy half, but Stone will actually be used (and can cover hooker if there is a injury)

if I had a say I would definitely replace Mahoney In the last 20-30 mins, and would have signed Luke for that role on the minimum contract the dragons got him for .......
Well I'm glad we didnt sign Luke...he was good...5 years ago

Gazzamatta

Coach
Very dissapointed with our ability to get Tigpie attackers on the ground and also to allow very quick play the balls. Conversley we dont fight when tackled. Its why we get few "6 agains". Our D was pretty bad tonight but im sure Drown, Mennings, RCG and Niukore will improve that. The Storm are masters in these two areas we lack. We must improve. Hopefully its an easy fix.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Lol. Did anyone watch that segment from Fox? They showed our run in 2009 Finishing with the final. They then sneakily added Toovey’s “There’s got to be an investigation”.

About time. Kudos Fox.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So

Win and we travel to Qld to play the Storm, but get to the second week of the Finals.

Lose and we play at Bankwest against the Sharks, but no second chance.

To be honest if we can't beat the Sharks then there is little point in progressing to the second week of the Finals, so I'm happy to see Bunji go out a winner.

We're wasting our time against the Storm in Qld.
The difference is where you play in week two and who your opponent is. If we lose next week we'll be at home in week two against the Raiders or Souths. We'd be fifty fifty on getting to week three. If we'd finished fifth, week two would probably be against Roosters or Raiders away.

Actually the Roosters in Sydney is as winnable as Souths or Canberra at Bankwest.

forward pass

Coach
Has any side scored less tries from outside the 20 than us. We are good close to the line but we don’t seem to be able score any long range tries. I think we really lack pace.

Anyway, fair effort tonight. Anything can happen next week. There’s always hope. Our record against Storm in Finals is diabolical. We are due one.

Chipmunk

Coach
The difference is where you play in week two and who your opponent is. If we lose next week we'll be at home in week two against the Raiders or Souths. We'd be fifty fifty on getting to week three. If we'd finished fifth, week two would probably be against Roosters or Raiders away.

Actually the Roosters in Sydney is as winnable as Souths or Canberra at Bankwest.

When winnable is not likely does it really matter.

I can't see us winning any Finals match that is not against Knights or Sharks.

Eelementary

Post Whore
The 2020 Smith offers us better passing, more speed around the ruck, adequate defence and so far no stupidity. He can also cover the halves and fullback. As much as I hate admitting I was wrong, he’s by far the best 14 we have.

I agree.

I used to give him shit, but Will Smith has green fantastic.

He's clearly worked on his game, and he deserves a spot.

lucablight

First Grade
Attack looked the best it has in a while. Defence on the edges was atrocious. Positive thing is that we enter a whole new ball game.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
You absolute merkin. Nothing to say about Parra but I’m 99.99999% sure you haven’t even sampled Trust Tree’s offerings. They’re a greeny bunch but one of the better beers from a can.

They also home deliver to me for free :grin:
Yeah. Not tried them but looked them up. Good to see another brewery open up on the Northern Beaches. Will have to try it at some stage.

Bandwagon

Staff member
If Dylbags is right to go I can see BA running Smith on the bench as cover for him, and using him for that ten to fifteen minutes around half time to give Mahoney a break.

The Storm do have some very large humans that will run at Rheed, and also have plenty of footwork through the ruck to catch out tired middles getting lazy. .

Pugzley

Well, that was a close call!!

tumblr_nj7s60j7k01rdredko2_500.gifv

Wally21

Bench
Very dissapointed with our ability to get Tigpie attackers on the ground and also to allow very quick play the balls. Conversley we dont fight when tackled. Its why we get few "6 agains". Our D was pretty bad tonight but im sure Drown, Mennings, RCG and Niukore will improve that. The Storm are masters in these two areas we lack. We must improve. Hopefully its an easy fix.
After settling down over night and thinking about it more calmly, the dickhead with the whistle did us no favors in the ruck. Not sure I entirely agree we don’t fight after being tackled Gaz. What I did see was lots of typical McGuire coached niggle in the ruck. Tigers hardly even came up from the tackle without hands on the ball, always crowded our man playing the ball, laid all over the tackles player at least as much as we did and still ended up with 6-1 6 agains.
We started the year getting plenty of 6 agains and it seems over the last 2 months, have always finished on the wrong side of the ledger.
I wonder if BA ever raises it with the NRL? All the usual whinging suspects in the coaching ranks seem to be all over this.
Also, I feel like Gutho is terrible on the captains calls. I’m not sure if I might be drawing a long blow, but it does seem like some captains use them well occasionally to have the refs second guessing themselves

Gronk

Staff member
Denial isn't just a river in Africa mate.
Validation of your own pessimism is like giving yourself a pat on the back.

Winning tough games is what winning the comp is all about. If we defend at our best and get 50% of the ball consistently all match we can beat anyone. We have shown this against every team. We deserve 3rd place. We are not their by fluke.

oldmancraigy

Coach
The 2020 Smith offers us better passing, more speed around the ruck, adequate defence and so far no stupidity. He can also cover the halves and fullback. As much as I hate admitting I was wrong, he’s by far the best 14 we have.

Don't be fooled. He is just waiting for a chance to do something dumb. You notice they that didnt let him touch the ball in that last set??

hindy111

Post Whore
Hindy flip flopping, go back a few weeks and you are in love with Stone, lots of posts of you praising Stone man......

I still am. Just not as a hooker. Garbage hooker. If plays its at 13.But Daveys forms been to good. That pushes Lane to the middle.

Latest posts