What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Glass Half Full Thread

emjaycee

Coach
upload_2020-9-26_23-19-8.png

Shit attack for most of the 2nd half of the season, but still defense was 3rd best in the comp and we won 75% of our games. Last year we won only 58% of games and our defense was ranked about 7th, so this is definitely an improved year.

Ae we ready to win the comp this year? I don't think so, but at least we are heading in the right direction.

Happy MEel

First Grade
View attachment 42376

Shit attack for most of the 2nd half of the season, but still defense was 3rd best in the comp and we won 75% of our games. Last year we won only 58% of games and our defense was ranked about 7th, so this is definitely an improved year.

Ae we ready to win the comp this year? I don't think so, but at least we are heading in the right direction.
Yep, a pretty good synopsis of season 2020. However, it’s finals and anything is possible. 3 decent games of footy could give us a premiership. I slyly reminder my wife that if it comes off that she shouldn’t expect me home for a week.

emjaycee

Coach
Yep, a pretty good synopsis of season 2020. However, it’s finals and anything is possible. 3 decent games of footy could give us a premiership. I slyly reminder my wife that if it comes off that she shouldn’t expect me home for a week.
I met a few people that are on here in 2009 and we went on a journey together from Kogarah in Round 26 to the SFS 4 weeks later. Sure that journey was on the infamous Hayne Plane and Hayne Train but it was journey of a lifetime nonetheless. Not sure we have anyone we can jump on board of to ride the next four weeks but if we manage to make the GF, I will match Avengers $500 for you merkins to get smashed with.

84 Baby

Referee
View attachment 42376

Last year we fell out of the top 8 once, momentarily mid round.
This year we were outside the top 4 once which was round 1 because we didn’t slaughter the Dogs

Gronk

Staff member
We’re in week 2 of the Finals, baby!!!
YEAH!!!

wIWz3TGfiCN8Rxo8a7c0w9FA8d7PQPxmBma78804VfM9lAtCOGLXD54AWq9JUS7NQVBa15WAHHAHI3EzWV-5TqCPqkv6fED5Co4cLSBFVL-ORf8sOOBfx17SIocNooRqE-zNx7VUbSmPPrq6N1Lx-LPYkZo0poIYGWA

T.S Quint

Coach
I spent a long time listening to some fellow Eels fans talking about how it would be better if we finish 5th and get to play the Sharks in the Finals. Eventually I just said “If we finish 3rd we get a guaranteed entry into the second week and a home Final. Why the f**k would you choose anything else?”

Apparently the answer was that they didn’t want to see us get smashed by the Storm.
Pussies.

Angry_eel

First Grade
I met a few people that are on here in 2009 and we went on a journey together from Kogarah in Round 26 to the SFS 4 weeks later. Sure that journey was on the infamous Hayne Plane and Hayne Train but it was journey of a lifetime nonetheless. Not sure we have anyone we can jump on board of to ride the next four weeks but if we manage to make the GF, I will match Avengers $500 for you merkins to get smashed with.
This time my Wife will allow me 1 night to party and until 10AM the next day to recover. After that I need to do my share of looking after the toddler.

How life changes!

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
View attachment 42376

Attack has gone from 3rd in 2019 to 9th this year. Sorry, maybe I should post this in the glass half empty thread...

Gronk

Staff member
Attack has gone from 3rd in 2019 to 9th this year. Sorry, maybe I should post this in the glass half empty thread...
Did that coincide with our spine being disrupted ? How did we goin when our 1, 6,7 & 9 were fit ?

emjaycee

Coach
Did that coincide with our spine being disrupted ? How did we goin when our 1, 6,7 & 9 were fit ?
Not sure about the impact injuries to our spine had but after 10 rounds this year (halfway) we had a F/A of +110. At the same point last year (halfway) we had +18

EDIT: Second half of last year we improved our F/A to +60 and this year it worsened slightly to +104.

Last edited:

T.S Quint

Coach
Our attack may have gotten worse but our defence got considerably better.

Maybe next year we will get better at both.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Despite the Tigers' attack looking sharp at times, those first 10 minutes into the second half had me quite worried - they tore us to shreds very easily.