What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Resting Issue

Weaponhead

Coach
I understand the thinking that a bad loss damages the confidence, but we lost anyway and with that loss lost our best player. If Johnson was a Chad style player who plays a thousand games in a row and doesn’t get injured I’d be more inclined to play him but the fact is he’s not, and it’s obvious he was most likely rushed back last week because we knew that was our best chance of winning and cementing a spot in the finals. What’s our confidence gonna be like now going in to the biggest game of the year against probably last years grand finalists at their home ground without our best player?
Fair enough. Johnson has missed a number of game with soft tissue injuries in the past 2 years so he was a risk.

MilkShark

First Grade
I get your point, I just don’t agree with it.

coming into this end of the season we want to build some momentum, have the team playing together, understanding each other, get some confidence.

Should we rest our players, let the rest of team get absolutely destroyed, destroy their confidence at the same time be a better option?

Would we have looked competitive without SJ last night?

Until SJ went down they were threatening. Either way we were still going to lose, but I’d rather lose knowing we pushed them til the very end instead of be walked over the top of.

Pushing a top 4 team the entire match does a lot more for the confidence of the team heading to the semis than being shown yet again how far off we are.

Version IV

Juniors
See and Eagles paid for it as well when your team can't make finals anyone with injury u get the rehab started for next season each year u do this u skip the internationals for next year, you have to laugh Eagles bring back turbo so could be ready for interstate game, not even international

snout

First Grade
I get your point, I just don’t agree with it.

coming into this end of the season we want to build some momentum, have the team playing together, understanding each other, get some confidence.

Should we rest our players, let the rest of team get absolutely destroyed, destroy their confidence at the same time be a better option?

Would we have looked competitive without SJ last night?

Until SJ went down they were threatening. Either way we were still going to lose, but I’d rather lose knowing we pushed them til the very end instead of be walked over the top of.

Pushing a top 4 team the entire match does a lot more for the confidence of the team heading to the semis than being shown yet again how far off we are.
Im just having a rant because as a supporter lm super letdown by an incident which should never have happened.
And has blown any chance we had.
The guy who leads the league in TA goes and in comes Chad.
Heartbreaking.

I truly believe that first week of the finals - if we hadve kept wade SJ feefs duges and brayley in cotton wool for a fortnite - we couldve ambushed the 5th best side.
Keep them like caged lions.
Primped and preened and ready to unleash.
We have points in us.

Thats been taken from us. Why? Because SJ had to play.
If we won by 40 so what?
If we lost by 40 so what?

Gawd we are a dumb club.
Alex Fergusons Man utd ruled the football world with his strategy of resting key players in the leadup to big games.
Did he win a few. Yep
Did he have depth. He did and fortunately we have blokes in our squad who needed a game and would relished an opportunity and have played this level before.
Did it matter if they lost. No.

Version IV

Juniors
Im just having a rant because as a supporter lm super letdown by an incident which should never have happened.
Heartbreaking.

I truly believe that first week of the finals - if we hadve kept wade SJ feefs duges and brayley in cotton wool for a fortnite - we couldve ambushed the 5th best side.
We have points in us.

If we won by 40 so what?

Gawd we are a dumb club.
Alex Fergusons Man utd ruled the football world with his strategy of resting key players in the leadup to big games.
Did he win a few. Yep
Did he have depth. He did and fortunately we have blokes in our squad who needed a game and would relished an opportunity and have played this level before.

Well said NFL teams rest players leading into playoffs as well not our club oh no

And remember in days past city vs country when other clubs had players pull out with injuries not us our players would play

shadowboxer

First Grade
We wouldn’t have ambushed the skin off a rice pudding, let alone anyone above us on the ladder - we haven’t threatened all year.
Your right, rest players till the finals may have been a surprise attack come finals, but this lot are so injury prone, SJ might have put his back out picking up him new born child from the crib.
I am just glad this season will be dusted in a few weeks - blooding new players aside, it has been annoying like hay fever

Frenzy.

Immortal
Heartbreaking.

We have points in us.

If we won by 40 so what?

Gawd we are a dumb club.
Did he win a few. Yep

How would resting SJ have preventing the same injury happening in say, the first 5 minutes of the semi?

Retrospect is poor barometer snout.

Rant on though, I love a good rant.

snout

First Grade
How would resting SJ have preventing the same injury happening in say, the first 5 minutes of the semi?

Retrospect is poor barometer snout.

Rant on though, I love a good rant.
Youre fishing here frenz.
You know he did his achilles because he came back too soon from a groin injury.
In his push to get back for the warriors game he was favouring his gait when he ran in rehab - which put extra load on his calf - which strained the achilles.
Last night was the classic outcome.

You could ask Moyza to back this up but you already know it.

Or, the other side of the fence...true we dont know it wouldnt happen in 2 weeks. But then we also dont know if he gets through the game fine, scores a hatrick and kicks 8 from 8.
Sliding doors.
Maybe if Teddy plays last night he breaks down - rather than his team winning in 2 weeks because he is the leading try assister at their club.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Youre fishing here frenz.
You know he did his achilles because he came back too soon from a groin injury.
In his push to get back for the warriors game he was favouring his gait when he ran in rehab - which put extra load on his calf - which strained the achilles.
Last night was the classic outcome.

You could ask Moyza to back this up but you already know it.

Or, the other side of the fence...true we dont know it wouldnt happen in 2 weeks. But then we also dont know if he gets through the game fine, scores a hatrick and kicks 8 from 8.
Sliding doors.
Maybe if Teddy plays last night he breaks down - rather than his team winning in 2 weeks because he is the leading try assister at their club.

Nuh, wasn't fishing. I get what you are saying. It's just I don't agree that resting him, or anyone else, would have prevented the injury. Under this logic it will still have happened.

Version IV

Juniors
Bellamy & Cleary are going to rest players this weekend, no way they would do this didnt they see Bomber he played his big guns

Weaponhead

Coach
Bellamy & Cleary are going to rest players this weekend, no way they would do this didnt they see Bomber he played his big guns
Not sure Bellamy and Cleary are paying much attention to Bomber. They can rest players with niggles as their teams are going well enough to secure a top 2 finish.

Version IV

Juniors
Not sure Bellamy and Cleary are paying much attention to Bomber. They can rest players with niggles as their teams are going well enough to secure a top 2 finish.

We couldnt miss the finals couldnt basically improve our position but what did Bomber do

shaggs

Coach
We couldnt miss the finals couldnt basically improve our position but what did Bomber do
They can also rest players because their entire squad can play any position at any time and do the job.
Bellamy knows his teams combinations will work no matter who is in the role.
Despite us scoring points, no one here can say that the team looked like the complete unit with combinations that will work all the time. No one here can say that we have ever defended as a unit with combination.

Morris, tried to use every opportunity to get the team working together. The halves have been different every week.
I would have done the same. Johnson just missed three weeks, he didn’t need another off.

The injuries are bad luck. It happens.

Besides, that team is unlikely to get past week one, with or without SJ. And sure as shit ain’t going to playing a qualifier.

Cleary also has 30 fit players. No injuries.
How many for do the sharks have? Maybe 22??
The squad was that banged up that magoulis was named.

SadShark

Bench
Breaking: Real reason Sharks “players” were rested was that they were saving themselves for the start of the NRLW.

Kaaarnz have cost me a paying place in my tipping comp, due to that retro jersey staining, shit attendance of standing on Jubilee oval, while park footy players in Green couldn’t believe their dumb luck.

Leaderless (by coach and captain) flogs can ram the first week of the finals glory, at the deepest point into their bowel. GAGF.