What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 20 vs Eels @ Bankwest Stadium

Who will win? Round 20: Wests Tigers v Eels

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Parramatta Eels 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Choiboi

Juniors
AD played bloody well @ 5/8
Musgrove is a beast with his aggression
Kepoa has improved greatly
Blore made good metres everytime he ran

We could have won that with more accurate conversions....

Thank you Chris Lawrence, Beni Marshall and Elijah Taylor. Absolute champions

stryker

First Grade
One of the seasons best efforts tonight....but letting an out of form Parramatta score 28 in a come from behind victory does not fill me with any confidence for next year. We’ll be sniffing around the spoon.

Ho, hum...another disgraceful year in the can. f**k you Wests Tigers, you are shit beyond your worth. Go and enjoy your 9th early mad Monday in a row whilst the rest of us tune in to watch some actual football teams ply their trade next week.

One of the seasons best efforts tonight....but letting an out of form Parramatta score 28 in a come from behind victory does not fill me with any confidence for next year. We’ll be sniffing around the spoon.

Ho, hum...another disgraceful year in the can. f**k you Wests Tigers, you are shit beyond your worth. Go and enjoy your 9th early mad Monday in a row whilst the rest of us tune in to watch some actual football teams ply their trade next week.

You seem full of praise and much happier than normal tonight.

...and we can’t defend.
What exactly has Madge achieved thus far?

It’s ok, I’ve got a “ show the door” policy to about half the squad as well.

We desperately need some Marquee.

It will be a massive party tonight, but for some players, the hangover will last well into their dole queue on Monday.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Kepoao got too many errors in him. Every week he has been making three or four. 4 tonight. Hopefully a good off season will sharpen him up

you can see there’s a lot of talent there

very raw and a lot of errors but they’ll get cleaned up

nit sure what his best position is, seems to have great footwork which is a bit wasted in the wing. Wouldn’t have minded him and Talau switching tonight

Parra didn’t bung on the fake injuries and they struggled, good luck against the top teams as they will need it along with the refs help to progress any further in the semifinals.

Pezz70

Juniors
...and we can’t defend.
What exactly has Madge achieved thus far?
Bagging coaches has killed the Tigers, let stick with this one and give him a fair go, he’s been stuck with a bit of a stinker of a roster. A few vacancies now, pity it’s not some of the overpaid, I think he needs at least another three years before we have anything like a top four side

stryker

First Grade
Bagging coaches has killed the Tigers, let stick with this one and give him a fair go, he’s been stuck with a bit of a stinker of a roster. A few vacancies now, pity it’s not some of the overpaid, I think he needs at least another three years before we have anything like a top four side
What about a top 8 side?
Get us there next year, get an extension.
So far he has been a disappointment.

WA Tiger

Bench
Bagging coaches has killed the Tigers,
So if we don’t bag Madge we jump to the top 8?

What reason/s should we keep Madge apart from he acts and sounds like a tough guy and he won a premiership 6 years ago ..whats he done to warrant a 3 year extension...Now flip it ...Despite having a “weak team” what are the signature improvements in defence and attack that are obviously a Madge initiatives

There has to be something on those lists for him to stay or we are being irresponsible (keeping Madge on) as per usual, and nothing will change..the 12 month extension is for a reason although the words that come to mind are “overly patient” “desperate” and maybe even “played”

(And one for the road..How many blatant dodgy selection decisions have we seen that had that ..”if we just stick with that it will come right” mentality way past it’s logical conclusion

And why didn’t Madge try this team 3 months ago? Maybe he’s not so tough or clever

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
So if we don’t bag Madge we jump to the top 8?

What reason/s should we keep Madge apart from he acts and sounds like a tough guy and he won a premiership 6 years ago ..whats he’s done to warrant a 3 year extension...Now flip it ...Despite having a “weak team” what are the signature improvements in defence and attack that is obviously a Madge initiative

There has to be something on those lists for him to stay or we are being irresponsible - keeping Madge on - as per usual, and nothing will change..the 12 month extension is for a reason although the words that come to mind are “overly patient” “desperate” and maybe even “played”

(And one for the road..How many blatant dodgy selection decisions have we seen that had that ..”if we just stick with that it will come right” mentality way past it’s logical conclusion

And why didn’t Madge try this team 3 months ago? Maybe he’s not so tough or clever
I'm not 100% sold on Madge either, but you cant keep swapping coaches every few years otherwise we will always be developing a team. Because new coach, doesn't like players a, b & f, then that cycle will continue. Look who Cleary picked?
I don't believe that Madge has done anything (as yet) to need to show him the door though.

It's the same with players, there is no reserve grade, so you have to give them a chance to get into team, barring injury, if you keep swapping them every week, no one will know what is going on or have the confidence to do anything.

I do agree that our defence seems to have gone backwards, though a lot of tries seemed to be scored out wide (I don't have stats to know if that is accurate) but our attack shows signs of improvement, it's our silly mistakes that are costing us big time, imo.

The clean out has started, so Madge will start to get a team he thinks will play his game and then he can be judged. Top 8 is the minimum to be achieved, hopefully next year, but within he next 2 years.

Will be interesting to see how we go without Benji next year. I hope he stays on with us in some sort of position.

It would not matter who the coach was this season our roster is sh#t, until you have a majority of your squad that are first grade ready than you are going to struggle.At the moment we have squad members that are past it ,potential first graders, or bludgers that don’t help the few that are having a crack .

Latest posts