What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 Vs Bulldogs.

Fangs

Coach
Surely Laurie will play on the Wing.

If not, I go Whare in the Centres and Nado on the wing.

assuming Staines is unavailable.

Laurie on the wing in a finals match against the Roosters?

Sounds like a recipie for disaster tbh.

No rookies. In this match Whare is in our best 17. Unless To'o is fit of course.

franklin2323

Immortal
I understand the point. I just don't see starting May at centre.

Great utility, outstanding off the bench. A game changer. He must play.

Burton won't play a second from the bench. Unless there is an injury. Its a massive change from how our 17 operates. We essentially play 16 with Burton on the bench. I'm backing Whare to start.

Ivan is in my back pocket FYI.

I was expecting May to go to backrow and Whare to come in or something

Original Name

Juniors
Even more of a reason to of gotten Whare some match fitness today
Whare is a guy that trains the house down. It can't replace game time but if you train hard enough you can get very close, e.g Capewell said he was fitter than he thought he'd be first game back. Particularly for a guy like Whare who's a back that doesn't take a huge amount of hit ups.

Whare doesn't have a big workload, I can't imagine a lack of match fitness will change his game much if at all unless he's slacked off on his training.

betcats

Referee
Burton playing in the centres, preview of next year?

If Naden really is leaving I hope that is the plan. Imagine this backline next with a bit of time to gel:

Edwards
Staines
Crichton
Burton
To’o

I’m a big fan of Naden he can certainly score a try and I think his defence the last 5 or 6 weeks has been great, his reads are much improved but if he was to leave Burton could be a big Jamie Lyon type centre, he would bring vision and ball playing that Naden doesn’t really have.

Fangs

Coach
Whare is a guy that trains the house down. It can't replace game time but if you train hard enough you can get very close, e.g Capewell said he was fitter than he thought he'd be first game back. Particularly for a guy like Whare who's a back that doesn't take a huge amount of hit ups.

Whare doesn't have a big workload, I can't imagine a lack of match fitness will change his game much if at all unless he's slacked off on his training.

It does make you question it though. We have elected to give Burton game time but not Whare. Which would indicate that May is first choice replacement.

Still feeling he gets picked though. Big game this one.

betcats

Referee
I think Brian will be fine there was no ice on him and they let walk around after the game not taking any precautions, he was limping but it looked like one he could’ve played through.

Fangs

Coach
I think Brian will be fine there was no ice on him and they let walk around after the game not taking any precautions, he was limping but it looked like one he could’ve played through.

Might sound silly. But no player wants an injury right now. Even looking injured ain't good. They are worried about losing their spot in a finals match. So he might just be putting on a brave show.

Think Charlie in the mighty ducks.

betcats

Referee
Might sound silly. But no player wants an injury right now. Even looking injured ain't good. They are worried about losing their spot in a finals match. So he might just be putting on a brave show.

Love the ducks reference. I get what you are saying but I don’t think our medical and coaching staff would allow that if they were concerned about him.

franklin2323

Immortal

At this stage if the injury can be needled up or pushed through it is done. Sort it end of the year

John Hamblin

Juniors
I am very confident we can beat the Roosters. My only issue is if the Roosters get field position they will bomb our wingers who have been OK under the high ball without being great,

I enjoy football this time of the year but with our team having a realistic chance of winning the GF that enjoyment goes to a whole new level.

GongPanther

Referee
Our points difference of 299 is a club record, and the highest per game for any club since Parramatta 2001. The Storm could beat it if they win by 34 tomorrow.

Also unless I'm mistaken the first time we've scored over double the points we've conceded.

And finally, 37 is the greatest number of competition points we've achieved on the field. In 2003 we reached 40 but 4 of those were from byes.
Points average this year is a hefty 28-12.

Crashtest

Juniors
Don't be surprised if Jerome gets 5/8 of the year.

I voted for Luai as the Panthers Player of The Year. I know Nathan, Fish and Yeo have continued to improve and had great seasons, but what Luai has achieved in his first season as a starting 5/8 has just been remarkable, and added such a different dimension to the Panthers attack.

He is 2nd in the Nrl for try assists, 3rd in Nrl for line breaks. Plus 7 tries and 13 forced drop outs. I wouldn’t swap him for any other 5/8 in the Nrl, including Keary and Munster.

maple_69

Bench
I can definitely see Burton making a good centre and would be keen to see him given a shot at it (or back row or lock for that matter) early next year. In the finals against the Chooks, however, definitely not.

I’m fine with May or Whare. I think May has been better in defence than most give him credit for, but would probably back Whare to better manage the complex decision making the Chooks will force a centre to make.

Either way I expect our attack to run heavily down the left given that edge is just unstoppable right now so we just need someone to do a defensive job on the right.

Latest posts