What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 vs Storm

George Sancti

Juniors
Today’s game reinforced that we will have a very competitive backline in 2021. Sullivan must replace Norman and with our young wingers and centres coming through, it is just a matter of whether Hunt or Clune plays halfback. Anthony Griffin must be targeting two tough prop forwards at least one back rower. I am still hopeful that a deal can be achieved with the Brisbane for Tevita Pangai Jnr.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
We won 7 games with Clune at halfback despite having no forwards and a disjointed spine + shit coach.

0 with Ben Hunt. Zero. It's time to give up on the bloke and move on, especially at age 31.
Maybe, but doesn’t excite and I feel he just overplays he’s hand. Sprint training in the offseason might help but have to say overall ..bit underwhelmed.

jeffdragon

Bench
Storm are coached well no matter who turns up.
They had a few who made their debut, but a lot have played at least some 1st grade.
Max looked good running the ball.
Sulli showed good signs.
We look ok when we play what's in front of us rather than one out crap
Watching the game you can see players take the wrong option in the big picture.
Lomax makes errors but he is a keeper..
It will be interesting who if any come to us
Surely with friz and host going.

Dragsters

First Grade
In a shite year with all that's happened with Covid , etc... I have really enjoyed the game day threads.
Thanks to all the usual suspects. It's kept my interest in the game going.
Bring on next season.

Indeed.

It's been fun.

Thanks to all.

Now for all the speculation, opinion, wishful thinking and general banter of the off-season.

Promising rookies coupled with some astute buys with some mongrel to stiffen up our pack and things are looking up.

At least this year we have optimism now that the Mcfog has lifted.

Bring on 2021!

SAP58

Juniors
In a shite year with all that's happened with Covid , etc... I have really enjoyed the game day threads.
Thanks to all the usual suspects. It's kept my interest in the game going.
Bring on next season.
You too mate always enjoy the banter & comments during each game, sharing in the frustrations & unfortunately too many losses. We love our Dragons & look forward to a new era next year under a proper head coach & some very exciting juniors that will finally be given their chance to shine.

Dragonsdiehard

Juniors
If after seeing that, Norman and Hunt aren’t hanging their heads in shame...
I say sack em now!
Also, how the hell on earth they paid what they paid for Hunt and Norman and at the same time, didn’t want to give a consistently strong performer in Frizell what he was asking - an origin and Kangaroo rep mind you - is beyond my comprehension.

Farewell to a very forgetful season (and mediocre decade).
Let’s hope Griffin rewards effort and performance, isn’t afraid to drop players when they’re not putting in and doesn’t wait till the season’s bloody over before bringing in young, fresh, energetic and passionate youngsters.

Ps commiserations for Tristan Sailor. The kid was never given a decent chance.

Until next season...

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Few observations;
Great to beat the Storm even if it was a reserve grade side.
McInnes had a ripper.
Kerr had his best game in a while.
Lawrie ran hard played the ball fast.
Sullivan didn’t look out of place, his defence was good enough, not afraid to run and has a clever short kicking game.
Ramsey is great under the high ball.

redv13

Bench
Embarrassing performance.

Good riddance Dean Young.

So glad this period is over.

Straight Shooter
Cannot disagree with you. We struggled against a reserve grade team. If Papenhauzen could goal kick we probably lose that game if it was 18-0 and not 12-0. Couple of young kids got a go, definite positive and sad to see the frizz finish up in the red V but overall f**k that was embarrassing. See ya Deano and please don’t return anytime soon, you’re just like the ex muppet

be55

Juniors
SHAME ON YOU PAUL MCGREGOR for continually picking a pea hearted slug of a footballer in Corey Norman while Jayden sat on the sidelines for most of the year....

No further evidence is needed as to why you should never coach 1st grade again....Your unwillingness to hold underperforming players to account while showing no faith in junior talent is a sad indictment of your coaching tenure the last seven years...

Hook if you are reading this for God's sake don't dare pick Norman ahead of Sullivan for round 1 next year, because if you do i will just about lose the plot...

Seriously...well done Jayden...welcome to first-grade,,, you play with more guts and heart than Norman ever would or could, and have more talent in your little finger than he would have in his whole body...

The debuts of Jayden, Max and Cody, who are truly the future of the club, at least gives us fans something to be happy about, after what has been a disappointing season for us all...

Latest posts