What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 vs Storm

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
SHAME ON YOU PAUL MCGREGOR for continually picking a pea hearted slug of a footballer in Corey Norman while Jayden sat on the sidelines for most of the year....

No further evidence is needed as to why you should never coach 1st grade again....Your unwillingness to hold underperforming players to account while showing no faith in junior talent is a sad indictment of your coaching tenure the last seven years...

Hook if you are reading this for God's sake don't dare pick Norman ahead of Sullivan for round 1 next year, because if you do i will just about lose the plot...

Seriously...well done Jayden...welcome to first-grade,,, you play with more guts and heart than Norman ever would or could, and have more talent in your little finger than he would have in his whole body...

The debuts of Jayden, Max and Cody, who are truly the future of the club, at least gives us fans something to be happy about, after what has been a disappointing season for us all...
Feagai hits like a truck, when he was in the clear and Aitken kicked infield I almost enjoyed it knowing it was the last time I’d see it.

VodkaSaint

Juniors
Every time a youngster has been given a go, they have not Disappointed, Blacker although given shit game time, Bud Sullivan, Ramsey , Max and his Brother all could have been given a go early in the season, The reserves did beat our firsts didnt they, what could have been, I would rather watch our youngsters having a go rather than those dead beats running around

qld redvee

Juniors
didnt see or hear the game just read your views So how did blacker do in his 10 minutes -- does he show "promise"

Nice to end the season on a win and lets hope griffin can announce a good signing or 2 very soon to give us more hope for 21..
Next year with a proper coach w eshould all be much happier !!!!!!!!!!!!!
lets look forward to plenty of banter in the off season

hazzbeen

Bench
didnt see or hear the game just read your views So how did blacker do in his 10 minutes -- does he show "promise"

Nice to end the season on a win and lets hope griffin can announce a good signing or 2 very soon to give us more hope for 21..
Next year with a proper coach w eshould all be much happier !!!!!!!!!!!!!
lets look forward to plenty of banter in the off season
Blacker a big body , not enough game time to judge him .....

For mine, Rav and JP are still our best wingers at least for the moment, Ramsey and Fegai can't steal metres when they are needed most. Maybe a big off-season will change that.

Great to see J.S put his body on the line, that puts him one up on Sailor and validates the decision to let Sailor go.

Zac Lomax is the ultimate competitor, love his determination.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
After watching Aitken try and score from dummy half when the Saints where close to the line and had the Storm on the rack, it made me realise how good it will be not seeing him again in the red V. Selfish dumb play. Feagai looked great and can hit like a truck. He is going to be great. Sullivan's try assist was so good. The guy was running at the line and got smashed a few times but kept getting up. His kick was pure class as you could see it was eyes up footy and played what was in front not just a standard kick and hope. This guy is going to be special. How you can put Norman ahead of this guy after Norman's poor efforts early in the season is purely bad coaching. Feagai and Sullivan should have been in for Aitken and Norman a few rounds ago especially when they had the easier games ahead of them.

How good was it seeing positions 1-7 all Saints juniors. Like I have said before, pathways system is awesome, pity the head coach blocks it progressing to the final stage and giving them NRL experience by picking all hasbeens. So much money would have been saved. Maybe Mat Head should be given credit for this and be the assistand for Hook to reward him for getting them NRL ready.

Dragsters

First Grade
Feagai hits like a truck, when he was in the clear and Aitken kicked infield I almost enjoyed it knowing it was the last time I’d see it.

Yeah, like the time the ball went through the backline, got to Aitken, Feagai outside him with an overlap and Aitken passed it, back inside to Host who got smothered by the Storm defense.

Ahhh, classic Euan, gonna miss those moments...

NOT!

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Great win to finish the season.

I would've liked to see Blacker get a bit more game time but suspect Hook will use him next year and get him playing well for us.

Sullivan showed his talent which was great and Ramsey and Feagai both looked good.

Loved saying Mcinnes and Dufty combine for that try and for me that means Mcinnes should be at 9 next year.

The low light was Clune who took the wrong option all afternoon and didn't offer much at all in attack, hopefully he'll be moved on next year.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Positives from today are we did beat The Storm (albeit their reserves)....
Sullivan looks every bit a player of the future....and I say that because he has great awareness and I like the way he challenges the defensive line...and it was noted that he got absolutely pummeled a number of times but still didn't sherk his duties
Imo he will make a great halve pairing with Hunt
McInnes needs to play hooker thats where he does his best work
Young Ramsey is still a work in progress but he is sound in his position and wont let anyone down
I think Feagai joins Lomax in the centres now that Aitken has gone
Either Sims is carrying an injury or his better days are behind him...as for the rest of our fowards still think we need a few newies from elsewhere but we look forward with interest to see how Hook develops what we have already

Dragons4me

Juniors
We beat the cheating purple slime so I'm happy. So good to take a win after a shit year. loved when the camera panned to Bellamy. I think I counted five f..ks in a six word sentence from him. There was something different out there today instead of the same dreary play that became the norm under McGregor. I don't put that down to DY either. Really looking forward to 2021 brings under Hook. Finally a change!!

epDragon62

First Grade
SHAME ON YOU PAUL MCGREGOR for continually picking a pea hearted slug of a footballer in Corey Norman while Jayden sat on the sidelines for most of the year....

No further evidence is needed as to why you should never coach 1st grade again....Your unwillingness to hold underperforming players to account while showing no faith in junior talent is a sad indictment of your coaching tenure the last seven years...

Hook if you are reading this for God's sake don't dare pick Norman ahead of Sullivan for round 1 next year, because if you do i will just about lose the plot...

Seriously...well done Jayden...welcome to first-grade,,, you play with more guts and heart than Norman ever would or could, and have more talent in your little finger than he would have in his whole body...

The debuts of Jayden, Max and Cody, who are truly the future of the club, at least gives us fans something to be happy about, after what has been a disappointing season for us all...
Are you saying you’ll go postal? :astonished:

Last edited:

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Yeah, like the time the ball went through the backline, got to Aitken, Feagai outside him with an overlap and Aitken passed it, back inside to Host who got smothered by the Storm defense.

Ahhh, classic Euan, gonna miss those moments...

NOT!
Yeah thank Kogarah Jesus he’s gone now. I enjoyed every wrong decision he made.

thebigredv

First Grade
For mine, Rav and JP are still our best wingers at least for the moment, Ramsey and Fegai can't steal metres when they are needed most. Maybe a big off-season will change that.

Great to see J.S put his body on the line, that puts him one up on Sailor and validates the decision to let Sailor go.

Zac Lomax is the ultimate competitor, love his determination.

Would be starting with Ramsey on the wing for sure. Pereira is a great back up and rava gets a nod if he is in form and defending better under hook. Not to mention id have max in Aitken's place, no need to go buy a centre.

Sloth

Juniors
I think if we count our tries for the year you will find we scored more from outside the 20 than than inside the 20.
What that says to me is that our coaches set plays are shit and we did our best work by not following his game plans.
Hopefully Hook allows us to continue with some ad lib plays but also provides some different scoring options inside the 20. We are not as bad as we have been playing........I hope

thebigredv

First Grade
Our back rowers are not talented enough with ball in hand. They don't create enough second phase play or offload when they make a half break. I like ford for example but he just did a lot of running into players today instead of hitting a gap. Host can be easily replaced and hopefully from a footy perspective De Belin is back and we can do a lot to build from within.

Happy for hook to come in and get rid of the following and look for something fresher up front:

Kerr - plateaued terribly, bad defense
Merrin - why did they even bother?
Host (gone)
Sims 1 - past it, injury prone
Sims 2 - past it, injury prone
Fuimoaono - not offering much at all since making a good first hit out
Ellis - nothing special really

Latest posts