What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congrats Broncos

Artiste

Juniors
meh

What a stupid thing to get upset about.

More to life than Rugby League and Boyd and his team mates have every right to celebrate this.
There’s way more to life than rugby league...but this was ridiculous :joy:

Silent Knight

First Grade
THISGONBGUD.gif

Kevvie... he’s a top bloke I hear.

Silent Knight

First Grade
I just hope the Donkeys treat their top bloke club legend with the respect he deserves. Kevvie has inherited a really lacklustre roster and it’s going to take a long time before he can get the team he wants. While that happens the Donkeys board has to be prepared to go through a lot of pain before Kevvie’s vision can be realised.

If that means a few more spoons, so be it. They owe it to their club legend to stay the course. They owe it to their fans, who have always stuck by the club when the adversity has reached fever pitch.

Donkeys fans, print out this post and stick it on your fridge. To help you through the hard times.

This man will win a spoon.

greenBV4

Bench
I just hope the Donkeys treat their top bloke club legend with the respect he deserves. Kevvie has inherited a really lacklustre roster and it’s going to take a long time before he can get the team he wants. While that happens the Donkeys board has to be prepared to go through a lot of pain before Kevvie’s vision can be realised.

If that means a few more spoons, so be it. They owe it to their club legend to stay the course. They owe it to their fans, who have always stuck by the club when the adversity has reached fever pitch.

Donkeys fans, print out this post and stick it on your fridge. To help you through the hard times.

This man will win a spoon.
On a serious not yeah, I think every coach coming in should be given atleast a 2-3 year grace period on their contract to allow them to get a their squad in place, especially if they have inherited a bottom dweller

it takes time to build a squad, you need to wait for players to be available if poaching, or you need time to properly blood rookies. When results are expected instantly you get too much money thrown at players who probably don't derserve it as a "quick fix" that usually backfires, and/or players who should probably be kept shown the door to get these quick fix players in under the cap

after that if they have every right to boot them

Big Pete

Referee
I thought the Broncos were always going to be in for a rude awakening if they went with Kevie as head coach, but with nothing left to lose, now is as good as time as any. It can't get any worse than this season and unlike Seibs Kevie won't be starting from scratch. He's also only a year shy of a bunch of contracts coming due so he should be able to restructure the roster effectively. Since he was the Maroons coach, it should have given him good insight into the development pathways as well which makes him a plus on Seibs who just seemed determined to pick players he coached when he was a NYC coach (even bringing one player back from park footy).

They're still going to be in for a lean 2021, but at least they have some direction. With a lot of contracts coming up in 2021, they should be able to restructure their squad and set themselves up for 2022. The key will be knowing when to move on from Kevie. They definitely can't afford to commit to 5 years, but 3 years which should give him enough time to have one season with 'his' squad should be enough.

beave

Coach
I can’t believe Paul Green made it that far in the interview process. One only has to look at the f**king shit show in NQ and the complete roster mismanagement under his watch to see that he simply jagged a GF win with a damn talented team that he inherited from Neil Henry and sprinkled it with a couple of his own boys (Asiata, Lowe and Granville) to ‘get it done’.

f**k, IBM could have coached that 2015 NQ side to a premiership.

On Walters, I honestly think Brisbane are in for a few more lean years, I don’t think they’ll win another spoon but they’ll be bottom 5-6 next year IMO. He comes across as a moron in the media, the old boys will love it though because they finally got their boy in the fold.

KennySterling

Juniors
Matty Johns just announced Walters has officially been given the Donkeys gig. May the lols continue.

The good news is that he'll be no longer offering his absolutely piss poor commentaries on Fox.

Ask Catalans Dragons how good he is as a coach. Won the wooden-spoon in SL with a gun roster and nearly ruined them. No wonder they want Bellamy as his guide dog !

shear_joy9

Coach
The good news is that he'll be no longer offering his absolutely piss poor commentaries on Fox.

Ask Catalans Dragons how good he is as a coach. Won the wooden-spoon in SL with a gun roster and nearly ruined them. No wonder they want Bellamy as his guide dog !

it's amazing how the entire media has completely ignored his dismal season with the Catalans. Some have even branding the broncos job as his first full time position as a club head coach.

I remember watching some of the Catalans games that kevy coached and the camera shots of him during games was priceless. Never seen someone look so out of his depth, lost, confused, scared; Kevy's normal face is one of a complete moron but this was next level.

Latest posts